• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Djamila almost anything!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
MysticSang'ha said:
Hi, Djamila! :)

Reading the accounts of the massacre told from a mother's point of view was horrific. I have little doubt that anyone who survived carries a weight with them that others would never understand. I am very happy that you are here to tell your own story and to grace us with your presence.

I have a question here.........I promise *grins*............but before I ask, I must inform you that my husband works with two Bosnian women. His description of them reminds me of you - "Babe, they're absolute knockouts! But maaaaaan, they're feisty as hell."

Basically, my husband has told me that he'd never want to make a Bosniak angry. So my question for you is this: what do you do when you are angry? Do you pout and let your anger simmer, or do you shout, throw things, or in any way explode?

Just curious. :)

Peace,
Mystic

They say "Hell has no fury like the Bosniak woman slightly annoyed."

I explode when I am angry. It's just part of the culture, passion, all of that. Bosnians are like the anti-thesis or Britons, really. If we love, we love big, if we hate, we hate big. Everything is loud. You can't tell a wedding from a funeral in Bosnia just from the audio recordings. :D

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
It reminds me on the US movie "Welcome to Sarajevo", Mystic. There is a scene where the Muslim cab driver returns to the bomb shelter where he is living with other people from his apartment building. And there is a beautiful, young Muslim woman there doing the womanly role - cleaning, tidying, all of that.

And I rolled me eyes watching this, and the scene kept getting worse and worse in terms of inaccurately showing Bosniak women. He hauls out an egg he got from the CNN crew, and his friends say: "An egg! My God!"

And then he hauls out another smiling, and they say: "TWO eggs! My God!"

And he hauls out another one and they say, "Three eggs? Is there even a word anymore for three eggs?"

And he replies, "Omelette!"

And then the other guy shouts to the Muslim woman in the background: "Ajsa! Fix us an omelette!"

And I was ready to throw up, or leave the theatre, and then she looks up and says, "Fix it yourself, you goddamned *********" LOL And the WHOLE theatre went into applause from the ladies. LOL