• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Anything about Me or my Religion (Restored Gospel/Mormonism).

Jacob Samuelson

So both the saved and the unsaved are saved and resurrected? Do LDS’s believe in a heaven somewhere else or resurrection for everyone on earth? Just trying to envision the billions of rebellious souls who don’t want salvation sitting on their butts somewhere unhappily doing nothing for eternity.
Both the Righteous and the Wicked will live immortal resurrected lives if that is what you are asking. Acts 24:15

I'm not sure on what you mean by a Heaven somewhere else or a resurrection for everyone on Earth.

I don't believe those who have rebelled God are sitting on their butts. The would be doing exactly what Satan is doing right now. Creating the negative energy of evil throughout the universes. Evil must exist for there to be good. We don't know how Lucifer was influenced, but we do know evil was the source.

Jacob Samuelson

Either you are inclusive or exclusive, IMO

To clarify. To say "I am a little pregnant" just means you are full blown pregnant.

Same with in/exclusive. I am inclusive, so all Paths offer the opportunity to reach "God". Of course you have to do what is required. So, not all people reach this Goal at the same speed, but their Path does offer the possibility to reach the goal

In my belief it's not required to first accept Jesus before being able to reach the Goal. If you accept Jesus as your Savior you might reach your goal AND also if you accept Krishna or Rama or Shiva or Allah

That in short is the difference between in/exclusive.
Is God inclusive or exclusive?

Colt

Both the Righteous and the Wicked will live immortal resurrected lives if that is what you are asking. Acts 24:15

I'm not sure on what you mean by a Heaven somewhere else or a resurrection for everyone on Earth.

I don't believe those who have rebelled God are sitting on their butts. The would be doing exactly what Satan is doing right now. Creating the negative energy of evil throughout the universes. Evil must exist for there to be good. We don't know how Lucifer was influenced, but we do know evil was the source.
16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Perish means death.

Eternal life means eternal life,

But the LDS’s according to you have established that everyone is saved.

Moving on, I thought it was simple, where are all the saved resurrected??? In the future, when everyone is saved after mortal death of our bodies, where do they resurrect? Will it be on this earth or in another place?

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Answering for myself: I accepted God first & foremost. God whom saved me from the pit of disappear when I was a kid (rough childhood) and gave/gives me hope. I can't say that I accepted the writings of Luke before the writings of Jacob, Matthew, or Nephi, etc. I find those to all be important testifies of Him, but for me that direct me-to-Him contact came first & more important.
Ah....... got it..... so the story of Jesus and what he did are not so important as just God. OK.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't believe in a hierarchy of God's word. It would be like asking do I accept the Fourth Harry Potter Book over the First One. You need all books to create a narrative. If JK Rowling produces a Sequel Book, I would be grateful and not so invested in her older works to reject reading more of her, and that is just from a worldly perspective. Even more am I with God's Word. I'm a fan of God, if He decides to give me new-old scripture, you best believe I would camp out for years to be the first in line. Our current prophets fulfill most of that excitement in me as well every General Conference.
OK...... so it sounds as if you don't really focus on the reports of who Jesus was and what he did.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe knowing, following, and believing in Jesus Christ is the only way to lead to God. Period.
Thank you for your clear answer

I expected this, but good to know for sure, because I decided to not talk to people who believe this

Reason: They belittle my Faith and other (non) Faiths. So, this will be my final reply to you

PruePhillip

The Book of Mormon answers why technology didnt spread after 600 AD. The conquering Lamanites were an idolatrous lazy people. They were naked with the exception of a loin cloth. They took from others for their own living like the scavengers on Tatooine. They weren't industrious as the Nephites. When the Nephites were killed so was the spread of the Technology. What was a Lamanite going to do with a broken or rusty sword? They would just throw it away. They didnt know how to replicate armor or weaponry like the Nephites, and with the absence of a central enemy there wasnt a need to. Most Native Americans were gatherers harvesters and hunters with only a small few war promoting. So there wasnt need for R&D in the war aspect.
When you refer to the New Covenant, are you referring to Peter's revelation to preach the Gospel to every nation, Jew and Gentile, Baptising them unto repentance? Or are you referring to the covenant that Jesus fulfilled all righteousness so we dont have to? Joseph Smith was met with so many ideologies of the Bible and he was willing to pick whichever God told Him to pick. It would have saved Joseph his life and so much trouble if God just said they were all good so it doesn't matter which you picked. He probably would have been the best missionary any Christian Church could ask for and still be written in the History Books of Religion and politics. But alas, God didnt will Joseph to chose what Joseph wanted. He willed what God wanted. I hold belief to that true will of God just as strongly as any prophet that is written in the Bible, despite the retribution it has caused for Joseph and other members in current and past centuries

If you read the bible you read of the Phillistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc..
And these were real people. But Lamanites and Nephites were not heard of until Smith, and found after
Smith. His so-called Book of Abraham should alert you to his character if nothing else does.

Any Bronze or Iron age connection with the Americas would be seen:
1 - genetically
2 - culturally
3 - technologically
4 - historically

Jacob Samuelson

16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Perish means death.

Eternal life means eternal life,

But the LDS’s according to you have established that everyone is saved.

Moving on, I thought it was simple, where are all the saved resurrected??? In the future, when everyone is saved after mortal death of our bodies, where do they resurrect? Will it be on this earth or in another place?
I think I understand what you are saying a bit. We interpret Eternal Life as Life with God. So just because everyone resurrects saved from death (physical death) That doesn't mean everyone will saved from sin (spiritual death) John 3 16 is referring to perishing spiritually which means being cut off the presence of God.
Everyone will receive resurrected bodies including the celestial bodies like Earth. There isnt another place for this resurrection event to occur except on Earth. In fact Earth will be fully enveloped by Heaven and become a part of Heaven as was once the Garden of Eden. We dont need to go to another heaven or planet as God is able to construct Heaven on Earth.
Kingdoms of Glory

Kingdoms of Glory

Now how I understand the location of the Three Kingdoms of Glory , they are all going to still be on Earth. Yet similar to how a human cant see God yet He is all around, I believe those who have received higher levels of Glory also recieve higher vision of God. Kind of similar to 3 Dimensional compared to 4 dimensional to 5 dimensional beings, If you ever watched Interstellar you might understand more of what I'm talking about.

Jane.Doe

Ah....... got it..... so the story of Jesus and what he did are not so important as just God. OK.
That is inaccurate.

Jesus is God. His reaching out to me, that story, is super important. It is why I believe scriptures and other stories. God touching my life does not minimize the other lives He has touched.

Jane.Doe

If you read the bible you read of the Phillistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc..
And these were real people. But Lamanites and Nephites were not heard of until Smith, and found after
Smith. His so-called Book of Abraham should alert you to his character if nothing else does.

Any Bronze or Iron age connection with the Americas would be seen:
1 - genetically
2 - culturally
3 - technologically
4 - historically
Cutting to the chase here: archeologists will also show some evidence of the stories of Mohammad, the Buddha, and Confucius.

And other men, such as scientists, will show all their f the above texts to be bogus. For example, a literal interpretation of the story Genesis creation is certifiably false.

But I do not believe God because of the words of man. I acknowledge the words of men, which sometimes show support or disagreement. We do not know all things. But I trust God.

Colt

I think I understand what you are saying a bit. We interpret Eternal Life as Life with God. So just because everyone resurrects saved from death (physical death) That doesn't mean everyone will saved from sin (spiritual death) John 3 16 is referring to perishing spiritually which means being cut off the presence of God.
Everyone will receive resurrected bodies including the celestial bodies like Earth. There isnt another place for this resurrection event to occur except on Earth. In fact Earth will be fully enveloped by Heaven and become a part of Heaven as was once the Garden of Eden. We dont need to go to another heaven or planet as God is able to construct Heaven on Earth.
Kingdoms of Glory

Kingdoms of Glory

Now how I understand the location of the Three Kingdoms of Glory , they are all going to still be on Earth. Yet similar to how a human cant see God yet He is all around, I believe those who have received higher levels of Glory also recieve higher vision of God. Kind of similar to 3 Dimensional compared to 4 dimensional to 5 dimensional beings, If you ever watched Interstellar you might understand more of what I'm talking about.
If everyone who ever lived is resurrected on earth then it's going to be kind of crowded and the place that Jesus prepared for us in heaven was a waste of his time. But anyhow thanks for answering the question.

Jane.Doe

I expected this, but good to know for sure, because I decided to not talk to people who believe this

Reason: They belittle my Faith and other (non) Faiths. So, this will be my final reply to you
Note: your right to believe as you do is so important to LDS Christians, it’s literally in our Articles of Faith. You worship how and what you may. Sorry I can’t copy paste on my phone.

Jane.Doe

If everyone who ever lived is resurrected on earth then it's going to be kind of crowded and the place that Jesus prepared for us in heaven was a waste of his time. But anyhow thanks for answering the question.
LDS Christians don’t see heaven and a glorified earth as being different places. Heaven is where the glorified dwell.

Colt

LDS Christians don’t see heaven and a glorified earth as being different places. Heaven is where the glorified dwell.
Yes, that's been clarified. In the LDS religion all are saved and will all live on a very crowded planet with maybe some wall separating the continuous sinners with the other saved people.

Jacob Samuelson

OK...... so it sounds as if you don't really focus on the reports of who Jesus was and what he did.
I mean wa

I'm sorry that others who claim this belittle your faith. For us we have the 11th article of faith 'We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.'

Jane.Doe

Yes, that's been clarified. In the LDS religion all are saved and will all live on a very crowded planet with maybe some wall separating the continuous sinners with the other saved people.
That’s really not an accurate picture....

Jacob Samuelson

Time and Space are really insignificant to God. There are more dimensions than you think. Right now the Earth is just a small dot in the universe, just like you are a mortal being that will eventually die. However in the resurrection, God will open the veil and we will be able to see Earths true dimensions. That it is so much there that we haven't even imagined. God is able.