• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask and I Shall Answer; An Interview with ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
hmmm doesn't compute.
this biblical story is so far removed from my life experience in todays world.
in other words practically speaking, how to you trust god and not trust the world?

give me an example of how you trust god vs. trusting the ever shifting world?

I'll be more personal than, just for you ;)

Everyday I see my peers, I see them happy and sad, I too am happy and sad, so what is the difference?

When push comes to shove, and life gets hard, a lot of my friends begin to doubt their worth, being to hate themselves, they ask "What am I good for?"

They panic about finding the love of their lives, going to colledge and getting money in the future.

I think all of these things are great, but are indepent of the worth of a human being.

A human being is not valued by skill or merit, a human being is valued because God made them in His Image.

I don't freak out about carnal things, yes I realize I have to get a real job and yes school can be stressful, but in the end my trust and foundation is not in these things, it is in Christ. I don't seek to please man, and don't have a need for a constant flow of attetion from lovers and friends, I seek to please God and that is it's own reward.

waitasec

Veteran Member

well you did set your self up to be interviewed, didn't you?

Everyday I see my peers, I see them happy and sad, I too am happy and sad, so what is the difference?

When push comes to shove, and life gets hard, a lot of my friends begin to doubt their worth, being to hate themselves, they ask "What am I good for?"

They panic about finding the love of their lives, going to colledge and getting money in the future.

I think all of these things are great, but are indepent of the worth of a human being.

A human being is not valued by skill or merit, a human being is valued because God made them in His Image.

I don't freak out about carnal things, yes I realize I have to get a real job and yes school can be stressful, but in the end my trust and foundation is not in these things, it is in Christ. I don't seek to please man, and don't have a need for a constant flow of attetion from lovers and friends, I seek to please God and that is it's own reward.

oh i see. you compare yourself to others.

are you under the age of 25?

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
well you did set your self up to be interviewed, didn't you?

oh i see. you compare yourself to others.

are you under the age of 25?

I only do that so you will understand, I could care less if others are better at things or have more things than I do, and I'll admit I'm not spiritual perfect at all, but my God is,

Yes I am under 25

waitasec

Veteran Member

so let me get this straight. you show you trust god because you don't freak out?
well, i don't freak out either. and to make myself clear..i don't trust the world or god...

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
so let me get this straight. you show you trust god because you don't freak out?
well, i don't freak out either. and to make myself clear..i don't trust the world or god...

That's nice, do you have a Hope that won't leave? Do you believe the just who wait will receive an eternal reward and the wicked an eternal punishment?

waitasec

Veteran Member
That's nice, do you have a Hope that won't leave?
of course i have hope, what kind of a question is that?
are you suggesting your hope is more significant than mine? silly, don't you think?

Do you believe the just who wait will receive an eternal reward and the wicked an eternal punishment?

not at all because

just and wicked are relative terms

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
of course i have hope, what kind of a question is that?
are you suggesting your hope is more significant than mine? silly, don't you think?

not at all because

just and wicked are relative terms

My hope is founded in the risen lord and is eternal, does your hope laugh in the face of death and promise gifts eternal?

They are not relative terms, humans may have a foggy understanding of them but they are absolute, one meaning in accord with the will of God (just) and the other meaning the opposite (wicked)

waitasec

Veteran Member
My hope is founded in the risen lord and is eternal, does your hope laugh in the face of death and promise gifts eternal?
i don't know how you can make that claim. it's entirely based on faith.
so what you are essentially saying is your hope is more meaningful...based on?????

and you say your not comparing yourself to others but that is what you are doing? interesting.
just so you know... i have accepted death, and my days of wishful thinking are over.
They are not relative terms, humans may have a foggy understanding of them but they are absolute, one meaning in accord with the will of God (just) and the other meaning the opposite (wicked)
show me objective empirical evidence for anything that is just or wicked...and will show you it's really subjective.

Last edited:

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
i don't know how you can make that claim. it's entirely based on faith.
so what you are essentially saying is your hope is more meaningful...based on?????

and you say your not comparing yourself to others but that is what you are doing? interesting.
just so you know... i have accepted death, and my days of wishful thinking are over.

show me objective empirical evidence for anything that is just or wicked...and will show you it's really subjective.

So empirical sensory data is the only source of all knowledge? Nothing is inherited? I can't take it on the word of Historians that Napoleon was the first Emperor of France?

Firstly faith is to trust in something, that is the Orthodox view of Faith, not some blind faith that people often accuse God of requiring.

My Faith/Trust is founded in the person of Jesus Christ, He made promises which where either lies, madness of the truth, if lies why did he die for them? If madness why where they so thought provoking, why have the chanced the lives of many for centuries?

Christ built his Church, His Church still provides the most relief to the world than any organization in the world, has outlived every empire. People everyday give their lives to Christ and do not regret it.

It is not however by my will alone that I am saved, it was Christ who called me by his grace.

I don't subscribe to mere wishful thinking, that's not the virtue of Hope. I know the world will bring suffering and death, I know all of this. I know I will fail falter and screw up. Hope is much like faith, it is a trust in the reconciliation of all creation to God founded on the Person of Jesus Christ