• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask an Asexual

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Have you noticed that if you are in an enclosed space with certain people it can affect your adrenaline? I have. I feel all kinds of chemical effects, and I feel my cheeks getting hot. I think it is a facet of sexual attraction but not the entirety of it. Its a signal to me that this person could be compatible.

Interesting! I have experienced this to a degree, but again, it was never a "I could have sex with them" feeling, it was more, "I love this person, they are so friendly and kind and I just really care for them" kind of thing.

I guess the heart of this question is if you could increase sexual attraction, would you? Or do you prefer your feelings to what you perceive others feeling?

Ah, okay, sorry if I misunderstood your question. Honestly? Nah. Although some days I am like, "damn universe, why did you make me so...weird?' But then I remember that I am not broken or "a late bloomer" I am just me.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Have you noticed that if you are in an enclosed space with certain people it can affect your adrenaline? I have. I feel all kinds of chemical effects, and I feel my cheeks getting hot. I think it is a facet of sexual attraction but not the entirety of it. Its a signal to me that this person could be compatible.
I've had a weird thing where my skin...depolarises...or something when I'm with someone who I find very attractive. Little tingly feeling flushes over my whole body and I can just tell they're into me, physically at least. I don't know if I'm just a weirdo or if this is normal.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had a weird thing where my skin...depolarises...or something when I'm with someone who I find very attractive. Little tingly feeling flushes over my whole body and I can just tell they're into me, physically at least. I don't know if I'm just a weirdo or if this is normal.
Does it make you feel chatty? Does it make you want to talk?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Interesting! I have experienced this to a degree, but again, it was never a "I could have sex with them" feeling, it was more, "I love this person, they are so friendly and kind and I just really care for them" kind of thing.
I think this is how it should be even if you are romantically attracted to someone. The first thought should not be "I could have sex with this person." The first thought should be "I like this person and maybe I could come to love this person." I would never be thinking about having sex with the person, but that is because I am similar to you. Although I do not consider myself asexual, I am not very interested in sex.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Thoughts on this song? As an asexual person it seems like a nice song. I can't relate to it but maybe an alloromantic asexual person could:

I love it. I really like the art and stop motion, but I love the message too. I would love just a snuggly cuddle relationship. I wish there were apps for people who just want to cuddle.