• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask about my religion: Aztec Recon

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Ah now you're into Aztec recon? Cool. What does your belief system say about the sacredness of human life and how that relates to human sacrifice?

Antibush5

Ah now you're into Aztec recon? Cool. What does your belief system say about the sacredness of human life and how that relates to human sacrifice?

Well humans were created by the gods to serve them, if I remember.Sacrafice is an expected part of a deal that is tied to all humans, the gods sacraficed themselves for us and we must do so for them.

Antibush5

How about a wee summary of what Aztec Recon actually is?

well, its an effort to reconstruct the faith of the aztec people. Using every piece of material we can get.One of the main things about the religion, is sacrafice, paying your debts to the gods, establishing relationships with them and such, they also aren't benevolaunt, all loving dieties, they are quite human, which I think makes them more believable, they have their own motives and goals, which they may use their followers to fufill from time to time.Thats all I can think of now.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
well, its an effort to reconstruct the faith of the aztec people. Using every piece of material we can get.One of the main things about the religion, is sacrafice, paying your debts to the gods, establishing relationships with them and such, they also aren't benevolaunt, all loving dieties, they are quite human, which I think makes them more believable, they have their own motives and goals, which they may use their followers to fufill from time to time.Thats all I can think of now.

So what are the main Gods/Goddesses and what do they represent? How do you define sacrifice in this context?

Antibush5

So what are the main Gods/Goddesses and what do they represent? How do you define sacrifice in this context?

Well by sacrafice, it means giving something you love to the gods, mainly this is blood, in a practice called Autosacrafice, where you prick yourself and wipe it on the statue of your god, or bleed onto a tissue and burn it in your offering bowl.As far as gods though there is Huitzilopochtli, god of the sun, war and such. Quetzalcoatl, god of priests, knowledge, mercy. Tlaloc, god of rain and fertility. There are lots more.

cloudedice

What holidays, if any, are celebrated? If there are, can you give an example of the celebration.

Does magic play a role in any part of Aztec Recon?

Not specifically about your religion, but what drew you to aztec reconstructionism?

Antibush5

What holidays, if any, are celebrated? If there are, can you give an example of the celebration.

Does magic play a role in any part of Aztec Recon?

Not specifically about your religion, but what drew you to aztec reconstructionism?

I don't know about holidays.Magic can play a part, some practice it.hmm, well its just the philosophy, I never really cared about the aztecs before, but I just thought "oh well I might as well learn about it" and I just liked it.Are sacrafices required, No, but without them, its hard to establish a proper relationship with the gods, some people are even rejected by the gods for being to much of a fanny to give blood to the gods.

ByeRaagi Rayaprolu

the Untouchable Hindu
Glad to see the reconstructionism for Aztec religion and hope a similar revival to all "dead"(or murdered) religions, all over the world.
i was specifically interested in Aztec/maya religion coz they were so technologically advanced that no one may overlook the truth in their religious beliefs. i want to know the corresponding star/planet-forms of our Aztec Gods(do u have any Goddesses too?), if any.
1. Quetzalcoatl, is He represented by the planet Venus, by any chance?
2. Mirctancutli ( Lord of Death who taught Quetzalcoatl the art of resurrecting the dead,,sorry 4 the wrong spelling), is He represented by the star Sirius or any BIG star in southern skies..?
3.Tlaloc, does he have any star-form?,("Antares", in scorpio, by any chance?), does he have "Thunder-bolt" as his weapon and was once a friend/disciple of quetzalcoatl but later became a rival ?
4. etymology of the names "Tlaloc"("The eyes"?), "Nagul"(serpent?), and Telcatlipoca(smokey-mirror?? or glinting smoke?)

plzzzz also direct us to some good web-sources on Aztec mythology, if possible.
my sincere regards and lots of thanks in advance.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Do you know when the next 52 year cycle is ending and where will you get the person willing to have their heart ripped out and a fire built in their chest cavity?

Do you have a back up sacrifice, in case that one's heart stops prematurely?

Who wears the sacred flayed human skin for Xipe Totec during Tlacaxipehualiztli?

What do living Mexica think of your group?

wa:do

Antibush5

Do you know when the next 52 year cycle is ending and where will you get the person willing to have their heart ripped out and a fire built in their chest cavity?

Do you have a back up sacrifice, in case that one's heart stops prematurely?

Who wears the sacred flayed human skin for Xipe Totec during Tlacaxipehualiztli?

What do living Mexica think of your group?

The cycle will end because the gods got bored. I could also just go down to the local pub and ask. I always have a back up sacrafice. I will be wearing the sacred flayed skin and the Mexica adore us.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
So the 52 year cycle is just out of boredom? Here I thought it was part of the struggle for the sun to travel through the underworld and return triumphant... hence the need for a boost by providing the sacrifice... to provide the needed strength in the struggle.

Who are you going to get the flayed human skin from? Is there a donor list? Ans what will you do about the law?

And the Mexica seem much more understanding than the Mayans. :cool:

Sijtli was right . . . I'm not alone . . . Cacaxtla eztli - titlani celiztli - pochtli metzli . . . Ni Yaotl Tecuhtli huitztlani ixtaln anuahac tepec . . . Achcauhtli ecauhyo ! ! !