• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask about Jehovah's Witnesses

cardero

Citizen Mod
A quick question for you: If you accept that God has no negatives (which I wholeheartedly agree with), why do you perpetually scrutinize Him and His works along with His past and future protocols?

Because the evidence that proposes to come from GOD (in this case THE BIBLE) does not match with the GOD that I K(NOW) in the NOW. Three possibilities must BE considered here; Either the God that I am having a REALationship with is not the ONE TRUE GOD or the God of THE BIBLE is not the ONE TRUE GOD or either of them is not the ONE TRUE GOD.

WitnessOfJah writes: I by no means referred to God as being imperfect/and or negative. I was only referring to your negative outlook on God himself and your scrutiny against his wills and judgements in being “looked upon as negative”

“Wills” and “judgments” are negative aspects. How many LOVING/successful/mature (REAL)ationships do you encourage or support that have any basis where someone applies wills or judgments to your individuality. How long do you think you can condone a REALationship like this before you realize it is impractical and unrealistic? My negative outlook about Jehovah originated from THE BIBLE because that is the way it is supposed to BE read but it is not what I have come to K(NOW) and UNDERSTAND today.

TRUE GOD fact No. 10-There is no will that GOD expects from us.

WitnessOfJah quotes: “I shall laud you because in a fear-inspiring way I am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, as my soul is very well aware.” (Psalm 139:14)

This scripture only PROVES to me that David's soul was not aware of GOD no matter how lyrically he expressed it. Anyone who fears GOD does not K(NOW) GOD. The opposite of LOVE is fear.

WitnessOfJah writes: The Bible is the truth, and explains itself remarkably well!

YOU should never think that The Bible is “finished” or that it is the “definitive source of TRUTH.”-GOD

From Hello It’s Me: An Interview With GOD

Chapter:THE BIBLE Page:10

WitnessOfJah writes: Scriptures are being fulfilled as we speak about the political climate of our day and it is affecting us now and also tells us in what ERA Armageddon will come! What are these prophecies?
YOU are talking about wars, starvation, pestilence, disobedience, lawlessness, idolatry, and earthquakes. Why, MY dear boy, these very things have been happening in every century on a worldwide scale. According to this information, MY wrath has come and gone several times already now. How do YOU account for this?-GOD

Chapter: Armageddon And The Apocalypse Page: 43

You do not have to answer this question but it is interesting to see that GOD is anticipating your new thread as well.

WitnessOfJah writes: Can I name a religion that has this truth? Carrdero, the very best thing you could do is to go through each and every religion, see how they follow their holy books and most importantly, how they apply them, see their fruitage, how their followers reflect on what they believe, see whether their doctrines are in line with scripture, are they politically influenced or not, and many other more different criteria’s until you thirst has been quenched onto who is right and wrong. The ball is entirely in your court. It is up to YOU to make that decision – nobody on this planet can make that decision for you.

It seems more studious to become a member of every religion this way your soul is covered. If one religion falls from GOD’s favor you have the other ones to secure your salvation or wouldn’t it just be easier if we just asked GOD what religion HE belongs too?

WitnessOfJah writes: Some parts of the Bible are complex for a reason – because they symbolize something more than to what they actually are – therefore, something deeper than at face value. This could be God’s way of “encrypting” certain scriptures to make sure that ONLY the people who are INTENDED to understand these scriptures (i.e. chosen by God) get the deeper truths of it.

?????????????????????????

Deeper, encrypting, intended for certain people, chosen? This does not sound like a book for everyone to prosper from.

TRUE GOD FACT No. 12 GOD does not hold ONE entity higher than the other, every entity (spiritual, physical, animal, plant) is equal.

WitnessOfJah writes: If you look at Matthew 24:14, who is the ONLY religion identified on this PLANET who is fulfilling this scripture? Because I can’t think of any other religion who is doing it – therefore, not fulfilling Jesus’ prophecy, and remember, divine to date has NEVER failed.
I apologize for the reminder, I understand your pride in THE BIBLE and your religion but you must BE very careful about statements like this. There is the incident in 1975 that many of the faithful from your organization have not yet recovered from.

WitnessOfJah writes: Even though you have a faith and you are on a quest for TRUTH – which is highly commendable.
I am on the quest for TRUTH. You do not need to carry/pack faith for this adventure.

WitnessOfJah writes: do you think that if God DOES have a will, will personal revelation have any bearings on it? A human by himself cannot create his own paradise
No you are CORRECT one human cannot bring about Paradise but many humans can bring about peace. But again you will fall into that same trapping-who’s idea of Paradise are you trying to recreate? Since there are so many different individuals who have different perspectives I cannot see a “common” Paradise destined for the earth which leads me to believe that there is another existence that just may cater to our own perceptions of a Paradise. Even Adam and Eve had their own different perspective of Paradise from what Jehovah had. Which means that if Jehovah wants to bring about Paradise for us on this planet it will be under his rule and direction and the first rule in my concept of Paradise is that there are no rules or directions.

cardero

Citizen Mod
WitnessOfJah writes: Why don’t you TRY to first get to God’s version of a paradise before you judge it – and if you don’t like it, you can always cease to want to be there. Only THEN, will you be 100% happy that God’s paradise was not for you.

If Jehovah’s version of Paradise is anything like the first five books of THE BIBLE then it is not going to BE a matter of whether I prefer His version of Paradise or not. In other words Jehovah has already made my mind up for me.

WitnessOfJah writes: The Bible is a miracle. It is impossible that its authorship was by men.

HUMANS wrote the Bible. Was the Bible written by ME? No, the Bible was written, composed, arranged, reproduced, and bound for humans by humans. -GOD

Chapter:THE BIBLE Page:10

WitnessOfJah writes: Are there any other books like the Bible?

Yes there are. There are many people today who are in contact with a BEing called GOD even as we speak and these authors who have never met each other or are unfamiliar with each other’s work are producing their own Bibles. The alarming fact is that many are starting to consistently validate each other and make more basic and practical sense then the primitive doctrines and dogma of the original BIBLE. Are you familiar with these authors? Have you read any of these books? Would you BE able to take the beliefs from THE BIBLE and reasonably and logically compare them to these new Bibles?

WitnessOfJah writes: God does not NEED exclusive devotion.

Then do not give it to Him. Why is Jehovah asking for it? Why would you give something to somebody that they do not need or want? To make you feel better? That is a fairly selfish reason don’t you think?

WitnessOfJah writes: By exacting exclusion devotion from us, it means we are not worshipping OTHER gods, and we therefore love HIM. And for the people who love him, he will bless these people.

Then make it easier on yourselves and Jehovah and do not worship anyone/anything. I am sure that Jehovah will understand that if you are not worshipping anyone/anything else there is no concern that there will be any “misplaced” worship.

I am going to need your open mind to consider other possibilities for this next part.
WitnessOfJah writes: So if God does not judge, how is he supposed to bring about the promises he gave to his followers?

This is the only Promise that GOD gave to me and I received it in writing with the most current date.

Yet, through various writers and various TRUTHS, I have assured everyONE that your Soul is ETERNAL and quite safe from and with ME.

This is a PROMISE to YOU from ME. For I tell YOU that I AM not a GOD of destruction but a GOD of LOVE and creation and perfection. To do damage to YOU would BE like inflicting damage on MYself. This is not GOD-like.

Chapter: Armageddon And The Apocalypse Page: 48

WitnessOfJah writes: If God did not judge, how would this earth EVER change?

It is not changing now. If GOD’s judgment existed I would think it efficient to start cleaning the planet now. The only way to bring about any change is to just do it. When have you ever K(NOW)N GOD to procrastinate?

WitnessOfJah writes: How would paradise ever come to exist?

It will start when people awaken to the fact that they can bring about their own peace instead of destruction. I've given them everything they need to do this. They just have to shift their way of thinking. They waste too much time waiting for ME.-GOD

Chapter: Armageddon And The Apocalypse Page: 47

WitnessOfJah writes: Why would God not judge the people who are making a mockery of him?

Do not sacrifice yourself or your spiritual or creative potential out of fear that I will disapprove. For no matter what you do, you will not offend ME or diminish MY LOVE toward you.-GOD

Chapter: Religion Page:22

This sounds like a Supreme BEing to me.

WitnessOfJah writes: What is the point of life if God brought about ZERO changes?

For most people, it would BE the challenge. Just stop and think what is expected of you and what is waiting for you back in a physical reality.-GOD

Chapter: Life After Death or Living On An Angel’s Wages Page:69

Live the life the way life was intended for YOU to live. Look at what YOU are doing and see if it has completed a TRUE PURPOSE for YOU.-GOD

Chapter: Life After Death or Living On An Angel’s Wages Page:64

cardero

Citizen Mod
WitnessOfJah writes: No, we are not totally living for Armageddon with nothing else on our mind – but we can’t deny to people that it will not happen either.

Nor can you reassure/guarantee them that it will happen or that people will BE joyous in this new regimen. It seems to me that the one thing that does weigh heavy on your mind is THE BIBLE. This may be a fair explanation about how you arrive to your perspectives. There are many TRUTH’s (universal and personal) that exist outside of this book and can be made evident for you just by collectively observing and logically reasoning.

WitnessOfJah writes: As kingdom preachers, we try to let everybody on this planet know about what the future holds in store for them.

GOD may not need anyone to preach His Kingdom.

TRUE GOD FACT No. 1 GOD does not ask humans to do anything that GOD cannot DO him/herself.

WitnessOfJah writes: That way, they can at least have an informed choice on the matter – just like Noah did before the great flood.

But even GOD came to Noah personally about this matter (If THE BIBLE is to BE believed).

WitnessOfJah writes: Like Noah, we are ridiculed, laughed and jeered at, and told we are talking rubbish.

You’re preaching to the choir, I am not a stranger to persecution.

WitnessOfJah writes: But did the flood happen? Yes. Is there archaeological evidence? Yes. Ask yourself this: What is a huge man-made wooden box-like structure doing at the top of mountain where the environment is so harsh that not even 21st century explorers have the will to go up there? What mountain is this? It is called
Mount Ararat – just like the Bible said where the Ark landed (Gen 8:4). Does that mean that Moses went all the way up to Mt.Ararat before he could write that down?

Like I mentioned before, I am not supporting or refuting the historical significance/evidence of THE BIBLE, it is the PERSONAL REALationships that the authors claim they had with GOD that I am questioning. The events of THE BIBLE may have happened or may have not for whatever reason I do not K(NOW). I was not there (or REMEMBER BEIng there).

WitnessOfJah writes: There are people out there who do not believe Armageddon will happen until it is upon them – but it will be too late then.

Armageddon is already too late.

WitnessOfJah writes:
“I do not think the world is all that wicked.” That’s because you live in a cocoon called the United States – the richest country in the world and where media coverage is filtered so you don’t really see the outside. On the contrary, the world is on it’s knees right now and is getting worse. If you lived in central Africa, I can assure you that you would not be whistling the same tune as you are now: MILLIONS are getting slaughtered in huge genocides across Africa. Two-thirds of the world population live on less than a dollar a day. 40,000,000 are living with AIDS. 60,000,000 in the last 4 years have died of tobacco related causes. 5,625,000 deaths from infectious and parasitic diseases in Africa 2002. 2,000,000 die of tuberculosis annually. 1,000,000 die of Malaria annually.

So are you sure that the world progressing….?
How do you measure progress? By the amount of people who turn their lives over to Jehovah? If the world is so wicked why am I alive and content and prosperous at the age of 39? With over 56,469 ways to die (sorry but that’s all I could think of) and over 2,000,000,000 entities dying each and every day why am I spared if the world is so corrupt? There are a couple of TRUTHs that I wish to share with you concerning death that I think may help you understand the environment that we live in.

These TRUTHs I received from GOD (in writing) and can BE satisfactorily validated today.

As a matter of fact, there are three TRUTHS ONE can REMEMBER when it comes to death.
  • REMEMBER, everyONE has to die; everyONE has to go out of this world in some way.
  • REMEMBER, there is no judgment in death, no right or wrong in death.
  • REMEMBER, the physical existence you are living now is not your home.

Chapter: The Effects Of Death On Our Lives Page:287

carrdero said:

You do not have to answer this question but it is interesting to see that GOD is anticipating your new thread as well.
No, I am anticipating his word. You need to read Daniel and Revelation more often.

Deeper, encrypting, intended for certain people, chosen? This does not sound like a book for everyone to prosper from.

The Bible is much more deeper than at face value. An example:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=63059#post63059

I apologize for the reminder, I understand your pride in THE BIBLE and your religion but you must BE very careful about statements like this. There is the incident in 1975 that many of the faithful from your organization have not yet recovered from.

How would you know that? Are you among us? Or are you reading the internet too often? On the contrary, we are looking up more than we ever have been in our entire existence.

carrdero said:

YOU are talking about wars, starvation, pestilence, disobedience, lawlessness, idolatry, and earthquakes. Why, MY dear boy, these very things have been happening in every century on a worldwide scale. According to this information, MY wrath has come and gone several times already now. How do YOU account for this?-GOD
Those are indications - however, Bible prophecy goes much deeper than that. Revelation 17 tells us the political climate in very good detail when the time of the end comes. We are almost matching it's criteria for the first time in 2000 years. Will you understand Rev 17? Very unlikely - that's why further examination needs to be taken - at a later date.

carrdero said:

How do you measure progress? By the amount of people who turn their lives over to Jehovah? If the world is so wicked why am I alive and content and prosperous at the age of 39? With over 56,469 ways to die (sorry but that’s all I could think of) and over 2,000,000,000 entities dying each and every day why am I spared if the world is so corrupt? There are a couple of TRUTHs that I wish to share with you concerning death that I think may help you understand the environment that we live in.
The condition of the world is decreasing every year that passes - and whether you turn to Jehovah or not, the same is going to happen until divine intervention occurs. If you think man is going to get us out of this mess we are, you are very much mistaken. "I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. "- Jer 10:23.

Sinful man is selfish - so don't invest you future in them.

WitnessofJah

Carderro, I have deliberatley answered in a short fashion in the above posts. I have come to the realization that this thread could progress another 100 pages, and we will still have major differences in what we believe in. Carrdero, I respect your belief of self-revelation, however, I do not agree with it since it offers no hope for our current situation. All I ask you is to consider all the possibilites and ramifications, then make your decision.

With that said, let us wait and see what really happens in the future...are you right or am I right? Only time will tell, my friend. ;)

Now remember the following things that I am about to tell you, if you forget every other post I have ever done on this board, PLEASE remember the following - even in 50 years time. Print it out even, or stick it somewhere, because this is what is going to happen in the future, and see how it comes true:

- The United Nations will never disband. It may seem weak at times, but it will never disband. There will come a time when the United Nations will become extremely powerful, because the nations have for the first time invested their power into it. What will the UN do with this power? They will do something which causes bloodshed. What is it? Wait and find out!

- The partnership between the US and UK will never break off. They will remain united and one until the great tribulation and Armaggedon finally comes. This includes the UK not giving their power to Brussels, the EU.

- A great superpower which rivals the United States will rise on the earth (king of the North) and they will neither defeat eachother.

These things WILL happen. You may think I am talking gibberish, but am I right, or am I wrong. Pay attention and find out....

Out,

WitnessofJah

cardero

Citizen Mod
Carrdero quotes: I apologize for the reminder, I understand your pride in THE BIBLE and your religion but you must BE very careful about statements like this. There is the incident in 1975 that many of the faithful from your organization have not yet recovered from.

WitnessOfJah writes: How would you know that? Are you among us? Or are you reading the internet too often? On the contrary, we are looking up more than we ever have been in our entire existence.
There was that friend I had for a year in high school he told me about it.(see Comparative Religion -How did you get to your present path 12-10-2004, 12:33 AM). I also have relatives who live in Tennessee who lived through it. My aunt and uncle REMEMBERED it and stopped going to the meetings but my cousin is still active with the Jehovah Witnesses. This was all before the advent of the internet. I brought this incident up not to bring reproach to your organization (because there are many other fine qualities about the Jehovah’s Witnesses) but to point out to you that humans were not designed to prophesize for other humans.
WitnessOfJah writes: The condition of the world is decreasing every year that passes - and whether you turn to Jehovah or not, the same is going to happen until divine intervention occurs. If you think man is going to get us out of this mess we are, you are very much mistaken.

But I think it is safe to assume that there will BE some people that we can count on for help and support. I will not expect or rely on this help but history has shown that humans operate best in times of troubles. That is when we usually show our most concern but I do agree with you that this should BE an every day consideration.
WitnessOfJah writes: Carrdero, I respect your belief of self-revelation, however, I do not agree with it since it offers no hope for our current situation. All I ask you is to consider all the possibilites and ramifications, then make your decision.

Why must you seek hope? Is it missing? The best thing you can do is BE the best person that you can BE. If you see your fellow human in need, help them out. I think that you already have that covered. If I have learned one thing in life it is that people do not take kindly to direction especially to places where they do not want to go. BE aware of this.
WitnessOfJah writes: Now remember the following things that I am about to tell you, if you forget every other post I have ever done on this board, PLEASE remember the following - even in 50 years time.

I must inform you that I am getting older so there may BE a chance that I may not BE around to see it (from a physical perspective that is).
WitnessOfJah, I thank you for the time to speak with me and I apologize for the extra burden of my questions but I have looked at the websites that you have posted and I have done much research (The good as well as the indifferent) on the Jehovah Witnesses and I have learned a lot. Someday we will have to discuss what I have learned through my REALationship with GOD and the beliefs of the Jehovah Witness’ that I do agree with.

t3gah

Jehovah's Witnesses only know what the Governing Body who supplies their "spiritual food" tells them through "the faithful and discreet slave" or the "anointed". I spent 2 full years with Jehovah's Witnesses, studying, attending worship days on Sunday mornings for the Public Talk and Watchtower discussion, Tuesday nights for the Theocratic Ministry School, Service Meeting and Thursday night for the Congregation Book Study. I also attended the Give God Glory district convention and the Walk With God convention which just passed, both in Rochester, NY. I had my own box for my semimonthly magazine sets to be put into. I had all publications: magazines, brochures, tracts, pamphlets, plastic boxes for my magazine sets, study books: Daniel, Isaiah I & II, All Scripture is Inspired of God, The Proclaimers book, etc. and Watchtower CD's from 1995, 1999, 2001 and 2003 (with the word pronounce feature). My name was up on the bulletin board with the rest of the congregation.

Jehovah's Witnesses unfortunately have fallen into the snag that many other religions have fallen into and that's calling each other "brother" or "sister" when the Apostle Paul (Saul) used only their first names in his letters to the disciples. Jesus said it but that was Jesus.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is directing their hands when they write publications for the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. The anointed believe that God has waited thousands of years since the last apostle died to choose followers of what Charles Taze Russell started by his study of the scriptures.

It's absurd because there would be mention of an earthly organization of anointed Christians in the last days that Jesus described. Why didn't he tell his Apostles and disciples this important fact? Yes he said that this good news of the kingdom would be preached in all the inhabited earth but why leave out such a monumentous fact that the work would start up in Pennsylvania, the new world, a new country, or "in a new place"?

The fact that the anointed think they are anointed gives me the willies! Just because they say they are doesn't mean they are. There are enough telltale signs of who would be who in the last days that it's obvious who these anointed are. False prophets. The deluded. Make a prayerful request for forgiveness if you partake of the memorial emblems?! Are you carzy??? Just because Jesus was talking only to his Apostles doesn't mean it, the eating of the unleavened bread and drinking of the wine is only meant for the anointed. Jesus made mention of it to his Apostles because he, Jesus, wanted to relay this important information to the people he trained himself and those who would remain behind to carry on with the work of disciple making. He also entrusted this new commandment to them because he hand-picked them and knew Judas would be gone soon after. Jesus made sure these 11 apostles heard it directly from Jesus and not some place else to ensure that when he gave them the command to teach all the disciples to observe all that he commanded that they would remember their night in the upstairs chamber on Nisan 14. He didn't relay this new command upon the thousands because he wanted the teaching to start from the top.

To think the entire Bible was rewritten because one Spanish Catholic monk of the Dominican Order transliterated the Tetragrammaton to Latin and then English for the name Jehovah is almost as crazy as a bunch of people born thousands of years after the holy scriptures were penned saying that holy spirit is upon them because they say so. Where is their proof? How many people have they raised from the dead? How many demons have they expelled? Why do they keep changing their doctrines when the apostles and disciples in Jesus time and afterward stuck to the scriptures?

False prophets and false christs. Don't believe the contrivance of man. Believe the holy scriptures.

And it's not "the truth", it's "the way".

You are not "publishers", you are "Christians".

You are not "Jehovah's Witnesses", you are "Christians".

Changing the name of the meeting place from Synagogue or Church will not enhance your spiritual welfare and standing with God. It's still a meeting place. There's no mention of what the meeting places should look like or their attire other than the Tabernacle in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). One can do the research outside of "Insight on the Scriptures, Volumes I and II" to find just what Synagogues were like. It's Kingdom Hall because Jesus says so from heaven?!

Who were God's witnesses? The witnesses in Isaiah lived a long time ago. Those people are dead and gone. God was talking to the people of the period. Try to remember when the scriptures were penned and you won't have a problem. And just because over 6.5 million people believe that there are anointed within their ranks doesn't mean there are. Let the scriptures do the talking.

The real questions about any anointed persons of God are these:

Why would God wait until now to have anointed?

Why would he wait for some organization to discipher what was already penned?

Why would God wait for an earthly organization to be formed?

Why would God wait for them to become a Corporation?

Why would God wait period?

The answer is clear. He wouldn't because his only begotten son, the apostles and disciples at the time accomplished what God wanted. They were anointed, they were there, people today weren't. Publications from the Watch Tower & Tract Society are not being penned by persons enabled with the gift of insight throught Holy Spirit. That's not the case at all. The people at the Bethel's around the world have learned how to write, speak and converse from the Hebrew scriptures. They have studied them so much that they just don't realize that God set the standard of how to speak, write, relay and teach people with his dealings with Moses. They, the anointed, are completely deluded. And just because all their publications with many references say that many things are and are not, one thing that those publications can't relay is just who the anointed are. And if that is the case, then the leaders of this link to Christianity must be false prophets and wolves in sheeps clothing. Because if the leaders are wrong everything they've written is wrong including all of the prophecy interpretations, etc.

And if you really are a Jehovah's Witness you should be adhering to what was in Our Kingdom Ministry not too long ago and that is to stay away from the Internet. If this comes down from Jesus the command is not up to personal interpretation. Adhere to the publication or someone might find out and you will be disfellowshipped!

t3gah

carrdero said:
I think that was where I was having this confusion. I was debating a Christian about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses and they vehemently denied that they were Christian. I went to the internet and found a graph that explains all the denominations and that Jehovah's Witnesses were definately listed under Christianity and they still didn't believe me. And then I saw another response on these forum boards and I figured I would go right to the source. Thanks again Witness Of Jah for your prompt answers.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the only Christians. They, Jehovah's Witnesses, believe that anyone not following "God's earthly organization" (The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society) won't go anywhere.

Jesus said that in the Last Days many false prophets and false messiah's would come which means there is only one true Christian faith. So being a denomination of Christianity is a falsehood since it's one or nothing.

The answer to the Mosaic Law question is the scripture that states that the Messiah is the end of the Law.

I have the same CD's WitnessOfJah has. With the same references and research from countless thousands of sources. I've been taught well. I attended almost every day for two years and witnessed to my fair share of people handing out and mailing publications, etc.

The point of Jesus being crucified on a pole or "t" shaped cross is irrelevant. The fact that he was falsely accused by those who said they were adherants of the Mosaic Law was the whole point of exposing the apostasy. What he died on is a minute point. The fact that he died to undo what Adam had done by the initial sin is all that matters. And holding anything as a symbol of your faith is considered idolatry, be it fish with legs, fish, cross, bust of what people thought the messiah Jesus looked like or a plus sign type cross, etc. Your faith alone that Jesus was the messiah, that you believe what Jesus said about God and God's Kingdom, that you adhered to the principles laid out by Jesus, the apostles and the former prophets who relayed to likes and dislikes of God and that you also teach other people these fine traits of being a disciple of God is the real challenge and the most important aspect of Jesus' message. Not the kind of implement he died upon.:rolleyes:

My questions for WitnessOfJah are:

Where is the proof that the Jehovah's Witnesses from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society are anointed by our heavenly father God?

Who says there is a remnant and that they would come exactly when Charles Taze Russell started his quest for clarifications of the scriptures?

The King of the North and the King of the South have been altered a few times by the "society" which means they don't know at all. They are making predictions which anointed wouldn't need to do. Anointed have the insight from God.

Who says the explanations of the prophecies are correct?

If Jesus started directing Jehovah's Witnesses in 1914 when he was installed as King of Jehovah's Kingdom, who was directing the earthly organization from 1879 to 1913?

Did Jesus pick up from where Charles Taze Russell left off or was Charles Taze Russell in contact with Jesus and Jehovah during the time before Jesus was installed as King of Jehovah's Kingdom?

When did Jesus call his disciples "publishers" and institute that you had to be an unbaptized publisher before you got baptized because that was the rule that the scriptures contradict with the Ethiopian Eunuch who was well versed in the Mosaic Law, believed that Jesus was the Messiah and was baptized without proclaiming the new good news about God?

The apostles and disciples in Jesus time made mistakes in behaviour and stature in the scriptures but never about the doctrines of the Mosaic Law or the Christian laws so if that is so why have both organizations, The International Bible Students and The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society made so many changes in their doctrines (policies and beliefs)?

cardero

Citizen Mod
t3gah,
Were you a baptised Jehovah's Witness? What made you leave the oraganization? How long ago was this? Where will you go from here? I have read many accounts in my studies of Jehovah's Witnesses where many long time members have left the organization and have had trouble intergrating back into society. Reading about how many of the services you attended during the week did this apply to your life as well?

"T3gah", you and I both know what you're up to here. Why would you spend all your time typing out this "info" in a Q & A thread? Why have you only posted in JW-related threads? Why not any other? What are you trying to prove to everybody?

EVERYBODY - I have been a J.W. for 15 years and I have never heard some of the things he is saying - it is downright slander. He know's very well that I know where he is coming from and he is speaking lies, BUT he is banking on YOU (since you don't know better) to listen to him and believe him!

"Let no one seduce you in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction."—2 Thessalonians 2:3.

t3gah said:
Why would God wait until now to have anointed?
On the contrary, he has had anointed ones since pentecost 33 C.E. - almost 2000 years ago. These anointed few have been scattered throughout history since then - aswell as now. How do we know that some of the 144,000 would exist now? Matthew 24:22 says: "In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." Clearly then, the "chosen ones" we be here all the way up until the end of this sytem of things - including NOW.

Why would he wait for some organization to discipher what was already penned?
Ephesians 4:4-6 says: One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.

Therefore, according to this scripture, God will only work through ONE faith - not several or many. THAT faith also has to MEET the criteria and the standards of God. If you can name me ONE religion who has followed his entire Bible to the letter, I would like to hear it.

Colossians, chapter 1, verses 9-12: "[We] have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of [God’s] will in all wisdom and spiritual discernment, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God, being made powerful with all power to the extent of his glorious might so as to endure fully and be long-suffering with joy, thanking the Father who rendered you suitable for your participation in the inheritance of the holy ones in the light."

As J.W, we pray for better understanding of the Bible - and Jehovah is willing to bless those who WISH to please him. Obedience and love for him also is more important than any other virtue - and that is exactly what J.W. do.

Why would God wait for an earthly organization to be formed?
Because non-prior worshipped him or followed him to the full/or teached doctrines that were not in the Bible. Jehovah is a God exacting exclusive devotion, and he will not lower his divine standards. We are approaching the time of the end, and Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24:14: "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." Therefore, there would be a group of people on this earth at the time of the end PREACHING on a WORLDWIDE scale the GOOD NEWS to all the nations. Who is the only religion on this planet who is identified in doing this preaching work that Jesus prophesied? Name me ONE religion who does what we do.

Why would God wait for them to become a Corporation?
We're a non-profit charity actually. Not even the legal representative, the President of J.W. get's a salary - it is pure voluntary work for the good of man.

Why would God wait period?
Why did God wait several thousand years before he chose Israel as his people when Adam and Eve died? Answer me that one. You are making God sound inpatient.

And if you really are a Jehovah's Witness you should be adhering to what was in Our Kingdom Ministry not too long ago and that is to stay away from the Internet. If this comes down from Jesus the command is not up to personal interpretation. Adhere to the publication or someone might find out and you will be disfellowshipped!
Haha, nice try. Most J.W. have the internet. In fact we have an official website: www.watchtower.org. Never in our entire history have we been told to abstain from the internet. I would like to see a quote from this kingdom ministry you are referring to, or are we supposed to take your word for it?

As a supposed "former JW", you don't seem to know very much about us - if anything.

SoulTYPE

WitnessofJah said:
Why have you only posted in JW-related threads? Why not any other? What are you trying to prove to everybody?
One question, in respones to the thread title, WOJ, is why it seems two JW dudes have so much disagreement. Unless t3gah is not a JW as he claims to be..

DISCLAIMER: I did not mean that as an attack on tegah

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6661

I do not understand why a JW would think that Christmas is the work of the Satan.

t3gah

WitnessofJah said:
Haha, nice try. Most J.W. have the internet. In fact we have an official website: www.watchtower.org. Never in our entire history have we been told to abstain from the internet. I would like to see a quote from this kingdom ministry you are referring to, or are we supposed to take your word for it?
As a Jehovah's Witness you should know about the KM in question and not I can't quote from it. I do remember the words of it though. Some of it.

The article was on the second page of the KM. It said to stay away from chat rooms, apostate sites, and pornographic sites. A forum is a form of a chat room only you have to wait to see what's posted. Look up the in the Watchtower Library where it warns not to go to the Internet because one cannot verify who the other person is. Check out 11/99.

And as for the official site. Our CO (Circuit Overseer) told us to refer people to watchtower.org or jw-media.org and not to any other source on the Internet.

It doesn't matter that people have Internet accounts if they are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Another key point the KM brought out was to point people to the "require" brochure and make sure people knew there were multiple languages if they just clicked the link for it.

As for the 2004 KM, I don't remember what month it was. I can probably call someone if you really want to know. If you are a Jehovah's Witness you can check with your congregation secretary or book study conductor. Or call one of the friends. If again you are a Jehovah's Witness you should have the previous KM's in your personal library as they are covered in future meetings. So you answer the question for me then since I have to ask questions here.

What does it say in that 2004 Our Kingdom Ministry about the Internet?