• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask About Islam

WonderingWorrier

I just explained why it is not???

Magic
noun
  1. the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
So no it's not an explanation, merely an appeal to mystery.

Yes, and it is irrational because it has no explanatory powers, as I explained.

Which again has no explanatory powers. You are trying to appeal to mystery as if it explains something, but it cannot by definition.

So you agree with what I said. Magic is used as an explanation.

"Yes, and it is irrational because it has no explanatory powers, as I explained".

Thats all I said.
You went off track and started explaining to me what magic means.

I'm not trying to appeal to mystery. Thats just interpretation.

Im saying there is no magic involved.

Get back on track.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I'm not using the popularity of the man as reasoning. You are.

I never said you were, I don't even know what that means?

You used a known logical fallacy, an appeal to authority fallacy, here:
I am saying Muhammed knows what he is talking about.

I even explained it to you, twice, and here it is again then for you to ignore it again no doubt. "An argument from authority, also called an appeal to authority, is a form of argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument."

You seem to be using a disjointed jejune polemic ever since, of denial, dishonesty and evasion.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I notice you often miss other posters points and go off on your own track.

I notice you have thrown that unevidenced and false accusation at me several times now, while ironically ignoring my posts.

The atheist answer to the strange words is magic, and not believed.

My answer is not magic.
My answer is sign language.

That's gibberish sorry, and what is it with theists and unnecessary line breaks?

stanberger

We have Muslims here already such as @Link and @firedragon to name a couple of more prolific members.You might want to see what they have written.

My questions to you are: do you follow one of the traditional schools of Islamic jurisprudence and if so, which one? Are you a Quran-only Muslim or do you follow a more traditional path paying heed to ahadith?

stanberger

99 percent of muslims have no Hadith books at home. staying close to quran will always set you on the right path. hadiths teach the physical aspects of islam. how to pray. fast go to haj. those tasks today are taught by families