• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Wiccan

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I only recently realized the smudging white sage was a native thing. I grew up in the US Southwest where sagebrush grows wild. So I've always like the smell of sage, as it's calming and reminds me of home.

This led to me using it as a smudge, when I'd move into a new home/apartment. But not anymore.

Saining is an open practice used by many Gaelic practitioners. Juniper, holy water, among other things, are used to cleanse and consecrate homes and bed-posts. Usually the Goddess Brigid will be invoked.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Saining is an open practice used by many Gaelic practitioners. Juniper, holy water, among other things, are used to cleanse and consecrate homes and bed-posts. Usually the Goddess Brigid will be invoked.

I use evergreen sprigs and my own holy water as well :).

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm bored. Ask me things.

I'm glad I came across your thread, Ashoka, because I'm wondering if you have any advice for someone who is new to Wicca. I've been reading about Wicca, and it's intriguing to me, but it would be nice to interact with someone who actually practices it.

I disavowed my faith in the Christian God about a year ago, after being a devout Christian for thirty years. Being a Christian was one of the worst experiences of my life, to be honest (I explained my experience in a previous post). In essence, I'm emotionally scarred from this traumatic experience, and I'm still wary to follow a new religion. As I said, I've been reading about Wicca, and it's intriguing to me, but I'd like to learn about it from someone who actively practices it. FYI, I'm also reading about Spiritualism and Divination.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I'm glad I came across your thread, Ashoka, because I'm wondering if you have any advice for someone who is new to Wicca. I've been reading about Wicca, and it's intriguing to me, but it would be nice to interact with someone who actually practices it.

I disavowed my faith in the Christian God about a year ago, after being a devout Christian for thirty years. Being a Christian was one of the worst experiences of my life, to be honest (I explained my experience in a previous post). In essence, I'm emotionally scarred from this traumatic experience, and I'm still wary to follow a new religion. As I said, I've been reading about Wicca, and it's intriguing to me, but I'd like to learn about it from someone who actively practices it. FYI, I'm also reading about Spiritualism and Divination.

I can't say that I am an expert, and I don't have a coven or anything like that. I'm very eclectic, and go more towards Dianic Wicca these days (seeing the Goddess as supreme, sometimes without the God; and yes, I affirm transgender women, who are women. Dianic Wicca tends towards a lot of transphobia, but I reject those ideals).

But I will try to help as I can ^-^