• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Wiccan

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Desert island. Five albums. What are they? (And if you're really really bored: And why?)

1. Flyleaf, their first album, because it's amazing and it got me into the guitar
2. The Encanto Soundtrack to hype me up to get off this Island
3. Lady Gaga Joanne, so I can belt Joanne at the top of my lungs
4. Nine Inch Nails Pretty Hate Machine because it came out the year I was born and that RULES
5. Matisyahu, Youth, because it was my intro to Jewish reggae, and he's awesome

BONUS!

Johnny Cash, any album, because he's the king.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Why are you bored? (I think it's an important question.)

Well, I quit my job and start my new one tomorrow, so the past three days, plus the snow and not having anywhere to go has me bored. I did clean my kitchen though, and went to run some errands.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Excellent. Bonus!

Five favourite guitarists and why....?

Oh man. In no particular order...

Marcos Curiel from P.O.D. He's just incredible and you can tell he gets his inspo from Carlos Santana.

Jason Truby. He's very melodic and once put out an instrumental album that I listen to to this day, called String Theory.

Jimi Hendrix, of course. The man was a genius.

Carlos Santana. Although I can't play like him, I love just listening to how he plays.

Jimmy Page. The man could do MAGIC.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Flyleaf, their first album, because it's amazing and it got me into the guitar
2. The Encanto Soundtrack to hype me up to get off this Island
3. Lady Gaga Joanne, so I can belt Joanne at the top of my lungs
4. Nine Inch Nails Pretty Hate Machine because it came out the year I was born and that RULES
5. Matisyahu, Youth, because it was my intro to Jewish reggae, and he's awesome

BONUS!

Johnny Cash, any album, because he's the king.

I'll join you for number 4, but make sure you keep me far from the island until 3 is over....

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Oh man. In no particular order...

Marcos Curiel from P.O.D. He's just incredible and you can tell he gets his inspo from Carlos Santana.

Jason Truby. He's very melodic and once put out an instrumental album that I listen to to this day, called String Theory.

Jimi Hendrix, of course. The man was a genius.

Carlos Santana. Although I can't play like him, I love just listening to how he plays.

Jimmy Page. The man could do MAGIC.
Thanks. Couple of new names there for me. OK, back to your boredom :p

PureX

Veteran Member
Well, I quit my job and start my new one tomorrow, so the past three days, plus the snow and not having anywhere to go has me bored. I did clean my kitchen though, and went to run some errands.
I found myself feeling profoundly bored last summer. I think the pandemic isolation had finally gotten to me (I'm usually very self-sufficient and self-contained, but even I like to get out among friends apart from work, sometimes). It was bothering me that I wasn't really having any fun. And didn't even know what fun would look like at my age and economic status (old and poor). So I decided that I wanted a boat. That I have always wanted one, ... to build one, even, for many years. But the practical costs and time involved in building one, now, at my age, were insurmountable.

So I began looking at small boats for sale that I could maybe 'remodel' to suit my own needs and that wouldn't cost too much. And by September I'd found one, and I bought it. It's now sitting on a trailer in the front yard with a tarp over it for the winter, and a very long list of things for me to do to it to turn it from a sailboat into a motor boat, complete with a stand-up pilothouse. God only knows how long it will take, and how much money it will cost, but I am certainly no longer bored. :)

Not this boat, but this model ... It has an inboard motor well (for a small outboard motor to mount in) and I plan to cut the cabin top off and build taller wooden sides with a roof for a standing wheel house with all the necessary controls inside. Something to play with in my dotage. :) (If I live that long.)

189750595_105393011742738_8239000526104867539_n.jpg

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
What drew you to Wicca?

That is a really good question. I suppose I have always been drawn to it, in some form. I like the fertility and nature-based belief system that it offers. I do believe in a mother and father who ultimately shaped reality as we know it. Some people call it Shiva-Shakti, I call it God and Goddess. Wicca is very inclusive, at least, Neo-Wicca is, and I appreciate its outlook on the world. It's also a way to pull together modern pagan practices, and I have always considered myself to be a pagan, even when I was Hindu (although Hinduism itself is not pagan, I personally identified as pagan based on my workings with nature, appalachian folk magic, etc).

It just felt right.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Will the bass fishing be any good next weekend?
You said ask you anything... right now it's snowing like crazy but it's supposed to be in the 50s by next weekend.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You said ask you anything... right now it's snowing like crazy but it's supposed to be in the 50s by next weekend.

I think the hottest it got yesterday was 18F here, but today its supposed to be in the mid 50s...

Are you in the Midwest, too?

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

I mean, you could go ice fishing, but bass fishing? Probably not.

It's 4-6 inches here. But in the middle of the week it's gonna be in the 70s.