• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Mormon! (Part Two)

Dream Angel

Just yesterday I thought I heard the words "Come with me" and a few years back I heard the words "Walk with me"...very distinctly...

Christ is asking us to follow his example...

"Take up your cross and follow me" Christ has told us, which is to "deny ourselves of all ungodliness," which takes effort on our part..

I have never had anything like that.. I have had the sense of relief, calm, and understanding after praying though. As I was saying to some other, everything isnt going great in my life at the moment, yet I have never been happier and as confident in what I must do!

FFH

Veteran Member
I have never had anything like that.. I have had the sense of relief, calm, and understanding after praying though. As I was saying to some other, everything isnt going great in my life at the moment, yet I have never been happier and as confident in what I must do!
I know the feeling, which has pretty much defined my life...

You're on the right track...;) ;)

FFH

Veteran Member
Here's a link to LDS worship services that can be viewed online and on public television here in Utah.

These are Mountain Standard times...

It's 4:00 PM (MST) here now so the last worship service pre-recorded broadcast has just finished..

Will try to remember to post a "reminder" link to this next week.

BYU Television (internet broadcast schedule and current program link)
June 10 @ 7:30 AM Accountability/Self-Reliance
June 10 @ 3:30 PM Accountability/Self-Reliance
June 17 @ 7:30 AM Church Organization/Priesthood
June 17 @ 3:30 PM Church Organization/Priesthood
June 24 @ 7:30 AM Spiritual Gifts
June 24 @ 3:30 PM Spiritual Gifts

To view BYU (Brigham Young University broadcasting's current internet streaming program click here:http://byutv.org/streaming/

KBYU-TV (Utah Television schedule)

This may serve to help dispell any myths about what goes on in our worship services, which anyone can walk in and be a part of..

Outside each LDS church building it states "guests welcome" right below the name of our church..."Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".

Dream Angel

Here's a link to LDS worship services that can be viewed online and on public television here in Utah.

These are Mountain Standard times...

It's 4:00 PM (MST) here now so the last worship service pre-recorded broadcast has just finished..

Will try to remember to post a "reminder" link to this next week.

BYU Television (internet broadcast link)
June 10 @ 7:30 AM Accountability/Self-Reliance
June 10 @ 3:30 PM Accountability/Self-Reliance
June 17 @ 7:30 AM Church Organization/Priesthood
June 17 @ 3:30 PM Church Organization/Priesthood
June 24 @ 7:30 AM Spiritual Gifts
June 24 @ 3:30 PM Spiritual Gifts

KBYU-TV (Utah Television schedule)

This may serve to help dispell any myths about what goes on in our worship services, which anyone can walk in and be a part of..

Outside each LDS church building it states "guests welcome" right below the name of our church..."Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".

Thanks FFH!!! I will prob need the reminder - its exam week next week!

FFH

Veteran Member
Thanks FFH!!! I will prob need the reminder - its exam week next week!
Here's a direct link which I'll post next week, just before 3 PM (MST), when it airs.

In the mean time, there's a lot of good programming, 24 hours a day, which may help to dispell any myths about our religion and who we are as a people.

spacer.gif

www.BYUb.org

www.BYUtv.org

This program linK: http://byutv.org/schedule/?v=grid will update automatically, each time you click on it, and will show you what's currently playing.
spacer.gif

FFH

Veteran Member
"American Prophet" is airing now if anyone is interested.

Story of Joseph Smith's life.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

It reairs every so often.

Next air times

American Prophet
AmericanProph.jpg

Mountain Standard Time

• Thursday, June 14, at 7 & 10pm
  • Sunday, June 17, at 1am
  • Monday, June 25, at 7 & 10pm
The Prophet Joseph Smith’s work has been ridiculed, applauded, belittled, embraced, and rejected as the church he restored on American soil has grown to worldwide membership to almost thirteen million. His story is one of remarkable achievement, as well as horrific persecution.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Sorry if this has been asked already, i couldn't be bothered to check all 70 pages. :D

Mark 14:32-36 said:
They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray."
He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled.
"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."
Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him.
"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
How does this passage fit in with your concept of Jesus being the willing sacrifice, volunteering before the world began to descend to Earth and purify man through his death?
He seems to be scared, worried, even unwilling to go through with it here. What is your take on this?

FFH

Veteran Member
LDS worship service reminder...

See posts 703 and 705...

The broadcast starts now and repeats in 9 hours from now

Promised I'd remind Dream Angel