• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Druid

Theweirdtophat

Celtic Reconstructionists are usually more traditional and do their best to make sure that their worship is as accurate as possible. Most of them are polytheistic while Druidry is a little more open to other beliefs such as Pantheism, monotheism or polytheism or even duotheism. There's also a difference when it comes to titles as Celtic Reconstructionist will call people a "druid" if they pass certain tests and earn the title of it while Druidry will usually call anyone who practices celtic paganism a "druid". Druidry tends to be more eclectic. Reconstructionist tends to be more religious overall while Druidry, still considered a religion, can also be described as a spiritual path and doesn't have to necessarily be a religious one.

Last edited:

Theweirdtophat

What are your views on life after death?

My views involve reincarnation but also various "Otherworlds" that one can go to and visit. Since life has a cycle I believe death has a cycle as well, and that we are constantly learning, even after death. Spirits can visit in dreams but the otherworld is a place we can go to, even in this life, via trance, dreaming ect. I believe when one accumulates certain positive energy by doing virtuous good things, we can go to different otherworlds, see more things, learn more things, have an easier time visiting mortals, and reincarnate once more when it is time, but if we accumulate too much negative energy by doing bad things, the person would go certain trials and just punishment would be due. What the punishment would be would depend on their crimes Everyone reaps what they sow, in this life and the next and if they were miserably bad in this life, it'll be the same in the next one. I think they'd reincarnate once more like everyone else once they mull on their sins and wish to be redeemed but would start lower on the totem pole so to speak.

I think The Otherworld is one of many places to go to governed by entities and spirits. I don't think that there is a final destination so to speak since the universe or multiverse is so vast and there'd be never ending things to learn. :)

How important is it to visualize the energy you're working with when you do a ritual?

It all depends on the ritual really. Once you practice and commit to the ritual, it gets more potent the more you practice it, especially when you use wands, plants, stones and crystals. I try to practice visualization as much as I can before I do a ritual, even a basic one. Some rituals are quite intense and can leave a person drained which important to get something to drink afterwards. :)

Hi there!
Out of curiosity, which of these (if any) would you say best describes your own views? :)

I lean more towards Druidism or Druidry than Celtic Reconstructionism but there are some parts of Celtic Recontructionism I like with certain rituals and the ceremonial magic they do. But Druidism just seems less restrictive and can be a spiritual path as well as a religious one. I'm a polytheist, worshipping many different gods and goddesses. I also try to work with nature spirits and plants. I also practice magic. Mostly healing and blessing and protection magic as well as magic to communicate with plants. :)

I always liked studying other paths and really I think just about every religion has truth, has it's own afterlife to visit and it's deities whether it's Druidism, Taoism Hinduism Christianity, ect. :) I choose Druidism, but I don't declare that is the one right path that people should follow. It's just that it's the right path for me.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
My views involve reincarnation but also various "Otherworlds" that one can go to and visit. Since life has a cycle I believe death has a cycle as well, and that we are constantly learning, even after death. Spirits can visit in dreams but the otherworld is a place we can go to, even in this life, via trance, dreaming ect. I believe when one accumulates certain positive energy by doing virtuous good things, we can go to different otherworlds, see more things, learn more things, have an easier time visiting mortals, and reincarnate once more when it is time, but if we accumulate too much negative energy by doing bad things, the person would go certain trials and just punishment would be due. What the punishment would be would depend on their crimes Everyone reaps what they sow, in this life and the next and if they were miserably bad in this life, it'll be the same in the next one. I think they'd reincarnate once more like everyone else once they mull on their sins and wish to be redeemed but would start lower on the totem pole so to speak.

I think The Otherworld is one of many places to go to governed by entities and spirits. I don't think that there is a final destination so to speak since the universe or multiverse is so vast and there'd be never ending things to learn. :)
I really, really like your answer.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I heard there is a religion close to Islam that sounds like Druz in Arabic for the plural and Durzi for the singular. Is it the same?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
From which contemporary Druidic movement do you draw inspiration or follow? ADF style? OBOD style? RDNA style? AODA style? Something else entirely? From your answers so far, I'd guess OBOD since they tolerate non-polytheism, but better to ask than assume.

Theweirdtophat

I really, really like your answer.

Thanks! :D I really appreciate it. :)

I heard there is a religion close to Islam that sounds like Druz in Arabic for the plural and Durzi for the singular. Is it the same?

I can't say as I'm not too knowledgeable about Islam or Druz.

From which contemporary Druidic movement do you draw inspiration or follow? ADF style? OBOD style? RDNA style? AODA style? Something else entirely? From your answers so far, I'd guess OBOD since they tolerate non-polytheism, but better to ask than assume.

I have been inspired from many styles really. I am more inspired by OBOD and AODA but ADF is pretty cool as well as RDNA, but I have been inspired from a lot of groups and I don't belong to any particular group and follow my own path really. :)