• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Demigirl

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Inspired by the nonbinary thread.

Howdy. Call me Ashoka. I'm a therapist, a cat mom, a Hindu, and a Demigirl.

Demigirl falls under the nonbinary umbrella. It's a term for people who identify only partially as female.

My pronouns are She/They/Fae.

Ask away!

What led you to take on "demigirl"? Is this something you've explored for a while? Something you've recently discovered?

My own spouse has explored this as a way to manage their lifelong struggles with gender. They've expressed that with complete neutrality in the middle, they are slightly on the female side but are much more comfortable with neutral terms.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
What led you to take on "demigirl"? Is this something you've explored for a while? Something you've recently discovered?

It's interesting, because even as a child I never felt like a girl Or at least, not so much. But I wasn't exactly a boy either. I used to tell my mom this even as a little girl. When I heard of the term, I was cautious because, while I felt I found something that described me, I was afraid of what the connotations might be. So I guess I didn't admit it to myself. But I had a dream where I was fully out and proud, my gender dysphoria gone, and I looked exactly how I wanted: flat chest (tmi, sorry), a pixie cut and cute earrings. I felt like me in the dream. That's when I was like, okay. It's time for me to take this on, now or never.

I still struggle with body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria, but I plan to fix that one day, hopefully.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It's interesting, because even as a child I never felt like a girl Or at least, not so much. But I wasn't exactly a boy either. I used to tell my mom this even as a little girl. When I heard of the term, I was cautious because, while I felt I found something that described me, I was afraid of what the connotations might be. So I guess I didn't admit it to myself. But I had a dream where I was fully out and proud, my gender dysphoria gone, and I looked exactly how I wanted: flat chest (tmi, sorry), a pixie cut and cute earrings. I felt like me in the dream. That's when I was like, okay. It's time for me to take this on, now or never.

I still struggle with body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria, but I plan to fix that one day, hopefully.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
As long as you ask me questions respectfully, I will answer ^_^