• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a Calvinist!

Luke 11:6 (NRSV)

6 "So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.

Welcome to Ask a Calvinist! :)

There are very few threads in the Calvinist DIR so I decided to start this thread. This thread is a Q & A. You may ask a question about Calvinism and a Calvinist will answer your inquiry. ^_^ Everyone is free to ask their questions and other Calvinists are free to answer inquiries from our "guests."

Let's keep the ball rolling, guys! ;)

atpollard

Calvinism and Evangelism:

A criticism of Calvinism that I have heard is that following it to its logical conclusion can lead one to the conclusion that there is no need or point in personal evangelism ... God will save whom he will save with or without my efforts.

A criticism of the Arminian position that I have heard is that Arminians think that all of the effort of salvation rests on their shoulders ... Some will be damned because I failed to properly convince them of the truth.

How do you, personally, thread the needle between arrogant apathy and inappropriate guilt?
As a Calvinist, what is your responsibility to the salvation of others?