• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ascension-Me’raj: Two Different Spiritual Night Journeys of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) with Deep Lessons.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you…In the light of explanations by Promised Messiah Mahdi (a.s.) and his Promised Son (Musleh Moud, r.a.), a gist is being presented.

Strictly speaking, a night journey in Arabic is called 'Israa'.......

a)- Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) spiritually went to heavens at night, near the start of his Prophethood; it was a grand vision which paved the base of Shariah, it is called Me'raj.

b)- Latter in the 11 th or 12 th year of Prophethood, prior to migration to Madina, another grand vision was shown to him (s.a.w.), it is called Israa..

[But as mentioned in the beginning, since a night journey is Israa, thus early-Meraj and latter-Israa both are technically Israa.]

Me'raj and Israa of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) being two different spiritual occasions, having incidental evidences. These two different events have been mixed up by people.

SOME FACTS ABOUT 'MERAJ' AND 'ISRAA'
= Me'raj happened in the early years of Prophethood of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). It happened before the 5 th year-of-Prophethood .

= Israa happened after the 11 or 12 year-of-Prophethood.

= Surah Al Najm, chapter 53 of Holy Quran mentions the spiritual night journey known as Me'raj.

= In Me'raj, Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) spiritually met Allah the Exalted.

= Five prayers were granted in Me'raj.

= Me'raj was start of Shariah; Me'raj had two parts.

= Surah Bani Israel Chapter 17 Holy Quran mentions another spiritual night journey known as Israa. It took place in 6 months or 1 year before migration of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) to Madina.

= In Israa, Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was taken to Baitul Muqaddas.

= In Israa of Surah Bani Israel, Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was told about progress of his faith.

= Prophet Musa (on whom be peace) has had an Israa too.

= In his Israa, he saw love of God as fire. He heard God too.

= In Surah Al Kahf, Chapter 18, Prophet Musa (a.s.) was told Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) and about progress of his faith.

HOLY QURAN'S VERSES ABOUT ME’RAJ..SURAH AL NAJM, CHAPTER 53
[53:5] It is nothing but (pure) revelation, revealed (by Allah).
[53:6] (The Lord) of Mighty powers has taught him.
[53:7] The (One) Possessor of Power (which manifest themselves repeatedly). So He settled Himself (on the throne).
[53:8] And (He revealed His Words) when he was on the uppermost horizon.
[53:9] Then (the prophet) drew (near to allah); then (Allah) leaned down (towards him).
[53:10] So that he became, (as it were), one chord to two bows or closer still.
[53:11] Then (Allah) revealed to His servant that which He revealed.
[53:12] The heart (of the Prophet) lied not (in seeing) what he saw.
[53:13] Will you, then, dispute with him about what he saw?
[53:14] And certainly, he saw Him a second time (also),
[53:15] Near the farthest Lote-tree,
[53:16] Near which is the Garden of Eternal Abode.
[53:17] (This was) when that, which covers, covered the Lote-tree.
[53:18] The eye deviated not, nor (did it) wander.
[53:19] Surely, he saw the greatest of the Signs of his Lord.

ABOVE VERSES MENTION MERAJ - THE POINTS MENTIONED ARE FOUND IN VARIOUS AHADITH
All the verses in Chapter 53 above, are narrates of Me'raj, like 1) sidratul muntaha – farthest Lote tree, 2) something covering it, 3) viewing paradise near Lote-tree, 4) condition like chord of two bows emerged, 5)meeting Allah, 6)revelation from Allah, 7)

All these matters are found separately in various Sayings of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) /Ahadith about Me’raj.

Therefore, Surah Al Najm mentions Me'raj. Suraj Al Najm, was revealed in or before 5 th year of Prophethood. Therefore, Me'raj has had happened before 5 th year of Prophethood.

Foundation of Shariah was laid in this first Me'raj; spiritual meeting with Allah, Prophets; Salaat was given, spirituality was taught. Satan was belittled.

===================================================================================
===================================================================================

HOLY QURAN'S VERSE ABOUT ISRAA-SURAH BANI ISRA'IL (also called SURAH AL ISRAA),CHAPTER 17
[17:2] Glory be to Him Who carried His servant by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Distant Mosque, the environs of which We have blessed, that We might show him (some) of Our Signs. Surely, He alone is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Various sources like companions of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) / Sahaba (r.a.), historians and logic fixe that Israa happened 6 month to 1 year before Hijrah / Migration. That time appears to be 11 th or 12 th year of Prophethood.

A GREAT POINT: SALAAT WAS MADE OBLIGATORY AT EARLY ME’RAJ, NOT AT LATTER ISRAA
Salaat was made obligatory in Hadith of Me'raj...... If Me'raj is (above mentioned Israa of Surah Bani Israel, Chapter 17, Verse 2), that would mean 5 obligatory Salaats were commanded in 11 th or 12 th Hijrah which is obviously incorrect….Thus it also proves that Me'raj took place in early years of Prophethood and Israa in 11 th or 12 th Hijrah.

WHY PEOPLE MIXED MERAJ AND ISRAA
1- In Arabic, night journey is called Israa. Me'raj and journey to Baitul Muqaddas took place at night. Thus both can be called Israa.

2- There were many common spiritual and metaphoric scenes seen in both journeys, like Burraq, meeting with Prophets, leading Salaat, some views of Paradise and Hell and other unusual spiritual scenes.

3- That caused mix up in some narrators' minds and they mentioned two different matters as one.

4- But those with stronger memory, started their narrate with distinction of either going to heavens or going to Baitul Muqqadas.

INDICATIONS IN THIS ISRAA
1-The news of incoming migration to Madina was given; in the kashf ‘masjedil aqsa’ meant ‘masjid e nabwi’.

2- Leading all Prophets in Salaat meant, Islam would spread to others nations too and it would happen after going to Madina.

3- Masid Nabwi and Madina would be blessed.

4- Masjid in dream may means scholars of area. It meant, religious influence in area.

5- It meant, when Islam would be weak in latter days, ardent devotee of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) would revive it as promised in Surah Jumua (62:4); Ahadith called him Messiah, Mahdi (who has come by the Grace of Allah).

HAZRAT MUSA (A.S.)’S SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS
[27:8] (Call to mind) when Moses said to his family, I perceive a fire. I will bring you from there some news (of great import), or I will bring you a flaming brand that you may warm yourselves.
[27:9] So when he came to it, he was called (by a voice): Blessed is he who is in the fire and also those around it, and glorified be Allah, the Lord of the worlds;
[27:10] ‘O Moses, verily, I am Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

[18:61] And remember the time when Moses said to his young companion, ‘I will not stop until I reach the junction of the two seas, or I will journey on for ages.’ ---AND NEXT VERSES

Notes:
1-It was not actual fire which Prophet Moses saw. Had it been actual, he would have used expression ‘I have perceived the fire’ instead of ‘I have perceived a fire’.

2-Besides, if it was actual fire, other family should have seen too.

3-The fire was not God….It was symbol of love of God.

4- Before appointed as Prophet to Bani Israel, Hazrat Musa’s one travel is mentioned. It was towards Madyan.

5- Surah Al Kahf [18:61 link given at the end]also mentions a travel of Hazrat Musa (a.s.) with a companion. It was not to Madyan. It ought to be a spiritual Kashf, the companion was Hazrat Esa (a.s.) as his follower Prophet. The man (with whom Moses traveled) was Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)….Thus in this Me'raj, Hazrat Musa (a.s.) , met Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.).

Reference: Tafsir Kabir – Commentary of Holy Quran, vol 4 by Hazrat Musleh Moud (may Allah be pleased with him) - The 2 nd Ahmadiyya Khalifah.

CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
CONTINUES
PROMISED MESSIAH - THE MAHDI SAYS
1-Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was fully and sincerely consumed in the love of God the Exalted and when received His blessings then he descended on humanity with mercy. Holy Quran points to that: “And We have sent thee not but as a mercy for all peoples.” (ch 21 : v 109)

2- God gave divine knowledge to Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) in the time of wide spread darkness.

3- Me'raj was kashf / vision of maximum purity and with huge powers….. It was grand ‘roya’ as Hazrat Aysha (may Allah be pleased with her) reported.

4- Journey from Masjedil Haram (Ka’bah) to Masjedil Aqsa [“maynul masjedil haramay elal masjedil aqsa” from 17:2 ] signifies:

a-Holy Prophet would have properties of all Prophets of Israel [Masjedil Aqsa is taken as Baitul Muqaddas] and Islam would spread to Baitul Muqaddas.

b-The blessings associated with Ka’bah raised by Hazrat Ibrahim (on whom be peace) and manifested through Islam of Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would be spread worldwide [….masjedil aqsa allazi barakna holahu....17:2] through Mosque-at-far-distance i.e. the mosque of Promised Messiah, for whom it is said: “And (among) others from among them who have not yet joined them…….” (ch 62: from v 4)..Promised Messiah is other end of Holy Prophet’s spiritual radition.

5- The word 'Haram' points that the opponents were not allowed to destroy Islam through blessings of Ka’bah and this blessing would be extended to the arrangements of Masjedil Aqsa i.e. the one who belongs to that mosque i.e. the Promised Messiah.

6- Me'raj showed the ultimate capacity of reach of spirituality of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) and it was ‘Arsh’ the spiritual throne of Allah.

7- Angel Gibrael used to come to Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) but other people could not see him. Likewise Me'raj was something like this, other people could not see it. Hadith says; summas teqaza (then he woke up).

8- Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) is called ‘abd’. It means humbleness, sincerity, purity and steadfastness of his self was prepared by Allah. By virtue of knowledge he (s.a.w.) was ‘Mahdi’ [the guided one] and by virtue of actions, he (s.a.w.) was ‘abd’…….Under his (s.a.w.) spiritual shadow, is ‘ghulam ahmad’ [the name of Promised Messiah]; ‘ghulam’ means ‘abd’.

Reference: From Promised Messiah (on whom be peace)'s Commentary of verses of Holy Quran …alislam.org/quran

MORE READING
Commentary from Holy Quran

Spiritual Journey of the Holy Prophet (saw) to Heaven

Spiritual Journey of Prophet Moses (a.s.)

Last edited: