• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As expected of Democrats, Biden exempts congress he mandates the forcing of vaccine.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
NOTICE: This thread is not intended as a covid vaccine debate. Its about making mandates they themselves don't have to follow.

Congress exempt from Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

If any mandate is issued, they follow it as well.

End of story.

Questions......

What makes them so dam self important that they somehow always make sure that they don't have to follow any mandates they put on others? Power trip?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
NOTICE: This is not intended as a covid vaccine debate.

It is intended however, as a debate on the irritating habit of hypocritical Democrats almost always exempting themselves on the mandates they expect others to follow.

End of story.

Questions......

What makes them so dam self important that they somehow always make sure that they don't have to follow any mandates they put on others? Power trip?

Congress is the legislative branch of government, not the executive.

Not that accuracy is important, carry on...

anna.

but mostly it's the same
NOTICE: This thread is not intended as a covid vaccine debate. Its about making mandates they themselves don't have to follow.

End of story.

Questions......

Last I checked, Congress is still roughly half Republican...

Laika

Premium Member

I have no dispute with you there. Congress should expect to lead by example and if they can't or won't do it, they shouldn't expect others to do so.

However, I do wonder if there is an issue with the separation of powers here as the exemption applies to Congress and the Federal Courts as legislative and judicial branches of government. It's possible, Biden may not have jurisdiction to mandate the vaccine in those branches but I'd have to ask a lawyer to be sure.

Twilight Hue

I have no dispute with you there. Congress should expect to lead by example and if they can't or won't do it, they shouldn't expect others to do so.

However, I do wonder if there is an issue with the separation of powers here the exemption applies to Congress and the Federal Courts as legislative and judicial branches of government. It's possible, Biden may not have jurisdiction to mandate the vaccine in those branches but I'd have to ask a lawyer to be sure.
I don't think he has jurisdiction as well. Its a state matter.

I hear court cases are going to be introduced on the constitutionality of those mandates.

That's all I ask of any leader.

Lead by example and don't be a hypocrite.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

End of story.

Questions......

I don't think Biden can mandate anything to Congress. Separation of powers?
I think the title from the link is a bit clickbait.
The article itself said it doesn't apply to congress or the courts. I don't think legally it can.
I guess it is defacto exempt but I don't think he could have done otherwise.
A little misleading?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
They shouldn't be exempt any more than Democrat's then.

This is the consequence of an executive order, which as the article you yourself posted explains, applies only to the executive branch and not the legislative or judicial branches. As he's the head of the executive branch, it's tough to argue that the President doesn't have jurisdiction over said branch.

It has nothing to do with anything partisan.

Twilight Hue

I don't think Biden can mandate anything to Congress. Separation of powers?
I think the title from the link is a bit clickbait.
The article itself say it doesn't apply to congress or the courts. I don't think legally it can.
I guess it is defacto exempt but I don't think he could have done otherwise.
A little misleading?
I dunno.

I heard about this on the radio first so it's more than Fox. Apparently they got the story on the net before other networks I guess.

Laika

Premium Member
I hear court cases are going to be introduced on the constitutionality of those mandates.

I do hope it goes to the Courts and can be settled properly. I understand the logic of forcing people to get the vaccine in terms of a "public interest", but it sets me on edge to say the least. I'd much prefer we win the argument with anti-vaxxers than force them to comply. Given the concern over rights to bodily autonomy, it's appears similar to forcing people to have an abortion (or not), to get people sterilised or euthanized. We have legitimate fears of government messing around in those areas and I don't think people being alarmed by the vaccine is wrong. It's just how you weigh it up against the public health risks during the pandemic.

Twilight Hue

This is the consequence of an executive order, which as the article you yourself posted explains, applies only to the executive branch and not the legislative or judicial branches. As he's the head of the executive branch, it's tough to argue that the President doesn't have jurisdiction over said branch.

It has nothing to do with anything partisan.
Why are there any exemptions no matter what branch?

anna.

but mostly it's the same
They shouldn't be exempt any more than Democrat's then.

But your headline ("As expected of Democrats") implies that Republicans wouldn't also be exempt. They would be, but then that would kind of mess with the OP. Anyway, from what I understand, an executive order by its very definition doesn't apply to Congress.

Twilight Hue

I do hope it goes to the Courts and can be settled properly. I understand the logic of forcing people to get the vaccine in terms of a "public interest", but it sets me on edge to say the least. I'd much prefer we win the argument with anti-vaxxers than force them to comply. Given the concern over rights to bodily autonomy, it's appears similar to forcing people to have an abortion (or not), to get people sterilised or euthanized. We have legitimate fears of government messing around in those areas and I don't think people being alarmed by the vaccine is wrong. It's just how you weigh it up against the public health risks during the pandemic.
Bingo.

Twilight Hue

But your headline ("As expected of Democrats") implies that Republicans wouldn't also be exempt. They would be, but then that would kind of mess with the OP. Anyway, from what I understand, an executive order by its very definition doesn't apply to Congress.
Congress is representing us. It should follow that if congress is exempt then those they represent ought to be as well.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Makes sense but it serves as a poor example all the same.

A poor example of what? If Biden put out an executive order that was more expansive, you'd whine about tyranny and separation of powers. So when he puts out an order that is within his authority, your whine is now that he's...not tyrannical enough?

You know he's vaccinated, right?

Suave

Simulated character

End of story.

Questions......

F.Y.I. .... Congressional Democrats have a 100 percent vaccination! rate. Covid: Congressional Democrats have 100% vaccination rate - CNNPolitics

I'm guessing Biden's vaccine mandate does not want to apply to Congress in order to avoid upsetting any non-vaccinated Congressional Republicans into changing their minds regarding their support of the bipartisan infrastructure bill.