• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Satanist have you ever felt un-superior?

desideraht

Hellspawn
To the original question: I believe you mean inferior, and a matter of self-esteem and self-worth varies from person to person, regardless of faith of philosophy. I do feel that Satanism promotes self-confidence and nurturing the starving ego rather than gluttonously stuffing it fat (leading to things like overcompensation and undue vanity).

Another question: What are your views on Nihilism?
I understand how people reach the point of Nihilism. I have understood it as thus: if one has established there is no afterlife, and bases existence on his own existence, then once he has died, existence ceases (as he knows it), and since we are merely experiencing time "over a span" because of how our brains are constructed, everything has "already happened" and existence has "already ceased", therefore, nothing exists. I could not operate by such a principle—I simply must believe things exist, lest I give no ***** and just kill Myself since every act in life would ultimately have no meaning. I value the meaning and the power of the present, as right now, it does mean everything. I see Nihilism as very opposed to Satanism because while Nihilists feel nothing exists and nothing matters because when we die we no longer exist (at least this is My understanding of it), Satanists believe that because to our own existence we are most important, that our own survival and Self-worship is paramount.

Wouldn't that be undue and dishonest, though?
In the eyes of a Satanist, no. We are superior, and more important, for preservation of the Self is paramount. In My life's experience, I am the most important person in My life. It has very much to do with perspective. One might not be objectively the best or most important, but to our subjective experiences, the self is most important, for without the self, there is no experience to be had.

That all being said, I don't believe that truth of self-importance is justification for beating others down unnecessarily. It is a waste of energy. Just as we should not waste love on ingrates, we also should not waste Wrath on those who have not wronged us. They do not deserve our time and attention unless they have affected us in some real manner.