• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Satanist have you ever felt un-superior?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Is it right for a Satanist to feel not-superior or lack self confidence around a certain person?

ScottySatan

Is it right for a Satanist to feel not-superior or lack self confidence around a certain person?

Is it right? That question does not compute.

Does it happen? Of course. A Satanist won't likely say that he's the world's best at everything he wants to do. The feelings that this conflict brings are one strong motivation for self-improvement.

jasonwill2

Well if you are struck with love at first sight and weak at the knees or around someone really awesome, ya.

Satanism is about being human. As a result, we have to admit our human faults as well as human strengths. realistically a human, and therefore Satanist, can't always be strong and never have anything go bad for them or feel inferior.

I for one am fulling willing to admit I havn't done a whole lot with my life so far, and don't feel really good at a lot of things. I'm a really creative guy but have not found my niche for that creative energy. As a result I'm not particularly good at any one creative pursuit. That doesn't mean that I'm a bad Satanist for feeling inferior, it only means that I understand my limitations and do not want to get counter-productive pride by inflating my ego beyond what is really is. I should be proud when I create something really cool, but not when I create crap.

A Satanist can't always be awesome or invincible, even if some Satanists think that we should be. Failure and weakness is a very human thing; even the strongest warrior can have a moment of weakness and break down and cry when his blood brother passes. Granted, he may be filled with rage afterwards, but the grief of his fallen brother will surely strike him before and after the vengeance is all said and done.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Very odd question... but, the answer is emphatically: "No."

I believe that a true Satanist will deem themselves superior in all aspects to other people in regard to their own situation. Is someone making more money that you superior? No, generally they're more lucky. Is someone stronger than you physically better? Probably not, if your concerns were physical activities you probably would naturally be more fit. Your criteria are determined by yourself -- and likely you will find that most people gravitate to being happy with themselves. If they need more of this or more of that they go and get it.

That being said some issues are more pressing than others and as a result you aren't going to get to attend to or master everything that you desire before you die. This requirement should be the governing factor in what you "get to" and when. It's much easier to join the army when you're 17 than when you're 38 for physical reasons.. One can become a computer programmer at 38 if they desire, but probably don't have enough knowledge of business to do it well at 17. If you don't set goals you have no idea how to score yourself -- prancing around like you are awesome when you haven't even hit your own marks just makes you pretentious. These are the ONLY considerations to someone who is truly a Satanist. Am I excelling at meeting MY expectations? If you can answer that question with a "Yes" you might be on the right track.

Nihilism is a rather silly concept to a Satanist since life has meaning to us but it in a different way. We're typically not concerned with the status quo or what society thinks other than to manipulate it to our ends. That defacto means that you aren't buying the nihilist load of crap. Satanism isn't about sitting around and reading books all day -- it's about implementing your vision and making it real. Half of the traditional philosophers were drugged out freaks with mental disorders the other half are rote scholars that never did anything but write or talk. Be Jack -- all work and no play, but by making your work and play the same. =) Your work, play, and anything else you do have plenty of meaning to YOU... maybe not anyone else..

Interesting thread. There is a trend, one that makes me a but sick to my stomach, to adopt the label Satanist as if doing so somehow changes you or elevates you above others in some meaningful way. It doesn't. This air of superiority is generally a hollow thing, for in my observations nothing is as truly humbling as walking (as opposed to typing some **** on the internet) the dark path, gaining 'pathei mathos' and in sodoing, learning your own boundaries and limitations...for this is indeed the first step towards transcending them.

As for nihilism..I find it empowering, but misunderstood. The knowledge that none of this really matters, that perspectives of good and evil are arbitrary, and that there is no master purpose towards which 'right actions' can lead you is psychologically liberating. This is not to say we each do not strive toward our own ends.

jasonwill2

Interesting thread. There is a trend, one that makes me a but sick to my stomach, to adopt the label Satanist as if doing so somehow changes you or elevates you above others in some meaningful way. It doesn't. This air of superiority is generally a hollow thing, for in my observations nothing is as truly humbling as walking (as opposed to typing some **** on the internet) the dark path, gaining 'pathei mathos' and in sodoing, learning your own boundaries and limitations...for this is indeed the first step towards transcending them.

As for nihilism..I find it empowering, but misunderstood. The knowledge that none of this really matters, that perspectives of good and evil are arbitrary, and that there is no master purpose towards which 'right actions' can lead you is psychologically liberating. This is not to say we each do not strive toward our own ends.

So how does this view of nihilism differ from the idea of "create our own meaning" attitude towards atheism? I'm not sure what your getting at exactly, that we create our own goals, or that we are free to be Satanic (and thus in-tune with our nature) when we realize there is no purpose or meaning?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Another question: What are your views on Nihilism?

It exists.

Is it right? That question does not compute.

Does it happen? Of course. A Satanist won't likely say that he's the world's best at everything he wants to do. The feelings that this conflict brings are one strong motivation for self-improvement.

I agree with this.

I'm aware that I can excel in the things I like to do, but I know for the most part when to act and compete and when not too. And if I find myself in rut, I'll fight to death for what I believe in, even if I have to change it to keep my system running.

You know, for these ancient devices we use, we have been fairly up to date with them.

So how does this view of nihilism differ from the idea of "create our own meaning" attitude towards atheism? I'm not sure what your getting at exactly, that we create our own goals, or that we are free to be Satanic (and thus in-tune with our nature) when we realize there is no purpose or meaning?

Atheism isn't really an ism..it's misleading language. An atheist is simply anyone that lacks superstitious belief in entities that can be classified as 'deos'. An atheist can still believe in spirits, karma, faith healing, ufos or any number of fringe things.

Atheism has nothing to do with it. If you believe in a deity that has no master plan and doesn't give a ****, you can also be a theist nihilist. With that said...

The idea that there is a 'right' way to act or think is based on the idea of a 'right' morality. This creates objective purpose to the believer in doing and believing these 'right' things and by contrast steering from the 'wrong' ones. This is the stuff of the RHP, a forced stasis in that which is naturally dynamic(us, our minds, our experiences). Once it is realized there is no lawgiver but the facticity of the phenomenal world, no driving purpose towards 'right' or 'correct' conduct, hence no objective 'reason' for anything that we do or happens to us beyond the WtP of ourselves and others, a lot of doors open. Sure, to many this is a dark and depressing concept..creating our own meaning moment to moment provides no comfy security blanket, no ego boost that comes with being 'special' or 'purposed', and nothing to fall back on when you feel weak or tired. Yet, the alternative to me seems a sort of intellectual suicide.

jasonwill2

Atheism isn't really an ism..it's misleading language. An atheist is simply anyone that lacks superstitious belief in entities that can be classified as 'deos'. An atheist can still believe in spirits, karma, faith healing, ufos or any number of fringe things.

Atheism has nothing to do with it. If you believe in a deity that has no master plan and doesn't give a ****, you can also be a theist nihilist. With that said...

The idea that there is a 'right' way to act or think is based on the idea of a 'right' morality. This creates objective purpose to the believer in doing and believing these 'right' things and by contrast steering from the 'wrong' ones. This is the stuff of the RHP, a forced stasis in that which is naturally dynamic(us, our minds, our experiences). Once it is realized there is no lawgiver but the facticity of the phenomenal world, no driving purpose towards 'right' or 'correct' conduct, hence no objective 'reason' for anything that we do or happens to us beyond the WtP of ourselves and others, a lot of doors open. Sure, to many this is a dark and depressing concept..creating our own meaning moment to moment provides no comfy security blanket, no ego boost that comes with being 'special' or 'purposed', and nothing to fall back on when you feel weak or tired. Yet, the alternative to me seems a sort of intellectual suicide.

Just as a note when I said "attitude towards atheism" I was talking about existentialism, which is a very popular atheist view. I wasn't meaning to say that atheism was a philosophy. Hell I said that post of mine was from months ago >.>

Visionary28

Seeker of Serpent's Fruit

Agreed, the use of the label "Satanist" should be of little or no importance. The substance and knowledge is all that is of value. This is often the human desire to label or identify ones self to a certain path or belief system. Even more broad terms such as Left Hand Path can be limiting to the individual. What is the true meaning or goal? To defeat personal limitations and conceptions of our human condition? Satan may only be a starting point before it becomes restrictive. This is not the end goal as the reunification with God is to the Christian. The identification with Satan should only be a temporary tool to reach further beyond one's previous limits.