• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

Shaul

Premium Member
Arafat was born in Jerusalem.. His father was from Cairo.

His mother, Zahwa Abul Saud, was Palestinian.

The lie that the Palestinians were immigrants is just another ploy for dismissing their rights.

Palestine never had much population.. 700,000 tops. The Bible numbers are gross exaggerations.
Sorry but you are factually wrong. Yasser Arafat was indeed born in Cairo, Egypt. Also there was a large Arab immigration into Palestine during the period between the First and Second World Wars. The British records during its Mandate in Palestine show this quite clearly. That is one reason why UNRWA defines a “Palestinian” someone who lived in the area (or descend from such a person) for a mere six months before the 1948 partition.

sooda

Veteran Member
Sorry but you are factually wrong. Yasser Arafat was indeed born in Cairo, Egypt. Also there was a large Arab immigration into Palestine during the period between the First and Second World Wars. The British records during its Mandate in Palestine show this quite clearly. That is one reason why UNRWA defines a “Palestinian” someone who lived in the area (or descend from such a person) for a mere six months before the 1948 partition.

Stop lying. It doesn't justify what the Zionists have done or the 3 billion a year we continue to GIVE ISRAEL.

sooda

Veteran Member
Again, the discussion is closed. You lost. You were unable to support your point and answer the question.

No the discussion is not closed and you should stop lying about the census before 1880.

What the Zionists have done is cruel and immoral. Your nationalism is racist. One would think the Jews of all people would reject such crap.

Israeli nationality could be acquired and lost. The Law of Return has since been amended twice and the Citizenship Act thirteen times. The primary principles of Israeli citizenship is jus sanguinis for Jews and jus soli for others. Apart from citizenship, there i
Israeli citizenship law - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_nationality_law

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No the discussion is not closed and you should stop lying about the census before 1880.
I've gone to many different websites. They all give figures in approximately the same ballpark, which is several hundred thousand in the 1800's. Do your own research.

You are still not answering the question. You are still offering only non sequiturs. Thus you have lost the argument. BADLY.

sooda

Veteran Member
I've gone to many different websites. They all give figures in approximately the same ballpark, which is several hundred thousand in the 1800's. Do your own research.

You are still not answering the question. You are still offering only non sequiturs. Thus you have lost the argument. BADLY.

Demographic history of Palestine (region) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)
According to Ottoman statistics studied by Justin McCarthy, the population of Palestine in the early 19th century was 350,000, in 1860 it was 411,000 and in 1900 about 600,000 of which 94% were Arabs. In 1914 Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews.

IndigoChild5559

Demographic history of Palestine (region) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)
According to Ottoman statistics studied by Justin McCarthy, the population of Palestine in the early 19th century was 350,000, in 1860 it was 411,000 and in 1900 about 600,000 of which 94% were Arabs. In 1914 Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews.
This is no way contradicts what I just wrote. Honestly Sooda, you are a great guy and we often agree. I suspect you get so bent out of shape on this topic that you can't think straight, or at least can't read correctly. You certainly aren't comprehending my posts.

And you still haven't answered my question to you, which means you have still lost the argument. You might as well stop replying. Nothing you are saying is making any difference. Your posts are just non sequiturs.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
come back to reality!! he didn't lose the argument you did, your figures were totally inaccurate.

IndigoChild5559

come back to reality!! he didn't lose the argument you did, your figures were totally inaccurate.
We are not arguing over figures. I'm not disputing his figures before 1948. I asked a totally different question, which you would know if you bothered to actually read my posts.

sooda

Veteran Member
This is no way contradicts what I just wrote. Honestly Sooda, you are a great guy and we often agree. I suspect you get so bent out of shape on this topic that you can't think straight, or at least can't read correctly. You certainly aren't comprehending my posts.

And you still haven't answered my question to you, which means you have still lost the argument. You might as well stop replying. Nothing you are saying is making any difference. Your posts are just non sequiturs.

I'm not a guy at all .. but a grandmother. Generally speaking I like Jewish people and admire them.. except for their denial about Palestine.

IndigoChild5559

I'm not a guy at all .. but a grandmother. Generally speaking I like Jewish people and admire them.. except for their denial about Palestine.
Awwww. Being a grandmother is one of the best things in life. :) I'll have to remember that you are a she like me. :)

Yes, I know that you have a good attitude about Jews. I just don't know why you don't have a more nuanced outlook about the middle east. It's very complex. There are wrongs on both sides.

Muffled

Jesus in me
For instance... Abraham had no camels.. The story (with camels) was written after the 5th century BC and the writers added camels. Moses, Abraham and the Exodus are all myths.

How do you know whether he had camels or not were you there?

I do not believe an addition if that were the case changes the authenticity of the original story.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Before they moved to Haran they were Ammonites. They were Canaanites.

According to the study, the Canaanites were the common ancestor for several ancient peoples who inhabited the Levant during the Bronze Age, such as the Ammonites, Moabites, and Israelites. “Each achieved their own cultural identities but all shared a common genetic and ethnic root with Canaanites,” according to the authors of the new study.
The Canaanites weren't annihilated, they just 'moved' to ...
www.timesofisrael.com/the-canaanites-werent-annihilated-they-just-moved-to-lebanon/

I believe Abram was from Ur in Chaldea before moving to Haran. There is no evidence that he is anything except an Adamite.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe Abram was from Ur in Chaldea before moving to Haran. There is no evidence that he is anything except an Adamite.
There was no ur in Abraham's day. There was urfa nearest haran and it was canaanite syrian.

sooda

Veteran Member
How do you know whether he had camels or not were you there?

I do not believe an addition if that were the case changes the authenticity of the original story.
Camels came long after Abraham and hundreds of years later they invented the camel saddle in Arabia. It's an anachronism because the story was written 800 years after Moses.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe it is simple. I believe you don't really know which Herod the Bible is talking about so you speculate that it was Herod the great.
Nope, now you are grasping at straws. Historians knew which Herod the author of Luke was referring to. I am not the one speculating here.