• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

sooda

Veteran Member
In the beginning they were shepherds but this changed, Joseph became ruler of Egypt and Joseph brought all the Israelite people to Egypt where they were given pasture land and whatever they wanted.

(Gen 41:39 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:

(Gen 41:40 KJV) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

(Gen 41:42 KJV) And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

(Gen 41:44 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.

Gen 41:46 KJV) And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh King of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Joseph who is now the de facto ruler over all of Egypt saves the Israelites who are experiencing a great famine and moves them to Egypt and gives them power over all the agriculture lands. Clearly they were not slaves as some would have believed.

(Gen 42:1 KJV) Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, why do ye look one upon another?

(Gen 42:2 KJV) And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence;

(Gen 42:5 KJV) And the sons of Israel came to buy corn among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

See above, they abandon the land of Canaan and move to Egypt

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:4 KJV) They said moreover unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

The truth will set you free :)-

The story is fiction. Moses was raised and educated in the Pharaoh's house yet he never knew the name of the Pharaoh.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Many people do somersaults to deny the Palestinian people the right to their own land!!
Remember that MOST of the so called Palestinians are actually immigrants, their children and grandchildren, from Jordan and Egypt. Arafat himself was born in Cairo. True Palestinians (those who families have lived in the land for hundreds, or even a thousand years) are really very rare.

You go back to the 1800's and the thing most remarkable about the holy land was how empty it was. The few Jews, Arabs, and Christians there lived in peace and harmony.

The Zionists filtering in from Europe didn't threaten anyone, and legitimately bought property from Arab owners, absentee landlords that lived outside of the holy land. Usually it was the worst land, often the coastal swamps, which they then drained and treated and turned fertile.

It wasn't until the Balfour Declaration guaranteeing both Palestinians and Jews separate homelands that the Arabs in neighboring new countries freaked out and started moving there as part of an occupation strategy to prevent the formation of a Jewish state.

sooda

Veteran Member
Remember that MOST of the so called Palestinians are actually immigrants, their children and grandchildren, from Jordan and Egypt. Arafat himself was born in Cairo. True Palestinians (those who families have lived in the land for hundreds, or even a thousand years) are really very rare.

You go back to the 1800's and the thing most remarkable about the holy land was how empty it was. The few Jews, Arabs, and Christians there lived in peace and harmony.

The Zionists filtering in from Europe didn't threaten anyone, and legitimately bought property from Arab owners, absentee landlords that lived outside of the holy land. Usually it was the worst land, often the coastal swamps, which they then drained and treated and turned fertile.

It wasn't until the Balfour Declaration guaranteeing both Palestinians and Jews separate homelands that the Arabs in neighboring new countries freaked out and started moving there as part of an occupation strategy to prevent the formation of a Jewish state.

Arafat was born in Jerusalem.. His father was from Cairo.

His mother, Zahwa Abul Saud, was Palestinian.

The lie that the Palestinians were immigrants is just another ploy for dismissing their rights.

Palestine never had much population.. 700,000 tops. The Bible numbers are gross exaggerations.

sooda

Veteran Member

By 1948 the Jews had purchased 6% of the land.. The rest they took. Remember they destroyed over 300 Arab villages not to include the 60 they destroyed in the Golan in 1967.

Ancient Jerusalem: The Village, the Town, the City ...
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/jerusalem/ancient...
Jan 11, 2019 · Overall, however, the area comprises only about 11–12 acres. Geva estimates the population of the city during this period at between 500 and 700 “at most.” (Previously other prominent scholars had estimated Jerusalem’s population in this period as 880–1,100, 1,000, 2,500, 3,000; still this is hardly what we would consider a metropolis.)

IndigoChild5559

Arafat was born in Jerusalem.. His father was from Cairo.

His mother, Zahwa Abul Saud, was Palestinian.

The lie that the Palestinians were immigrants is just another ploy for dismissing their rights.

Palestine never had much population.. 700,000 tops. The Bible numbers are gross exaggerations.
You are mistaken. Yasser Arafat was born in Cairo, Egypt. I stand by absolutely everything I said.

sooda

Veteran Member
You are mistaken. Yasser Arafat was born in Cairo, Egypt. I stand by absolutely everything I said.

His birth was registered in Cairo. All you have to do is promote 6 lies over and over again to claim there were no Palestinians.. they were immigrants.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
How many of the Jewish leaders were born in Israel, not many.

IndigoChild5559

How many of the Jewish leaders were born in Israel, not many.
1. They don't claim to be natives of Israel. Israel is set aside as a country to give safe harbor to refugee Jews.
2. Jewish identity is not determined by being born in Israel. I'm a Jew and I've never been to Israel.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Israel is a country stolen from the native Palestinians, end of story.

Lyndon

Premium Member
I did the research, no one seems completely sure where he was born.

Vrindavana Das

I believe that the country Jesus traveled to and became the revered Jesus we know today, mentioned in "the lost years of Jesus,"holds the key to the actual promised land :)