• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Christian, what specifically do you believe? And why?

JamesThePersian said:
Well, it's a bit rich having a go at me for judging you as something you aren't when you are happy to judge my apology as insincere. It was not, but if you wish to take it as such that is your prerogative. I didn't actually confuse textual infallibility with sola scriptura. The two are intimately related. You cannot have the latter without the former and the only people (up to now) who I've ever come across who argue for textual infallibility have been sola scripturalists. I have already apologised, however, for misinterpreting your stance as sola scripturalist. Please try to understand that the only evidence I had to go on was what you wrote in your posts. That this lead me to an incorrect conclusion is unfortunate but I wasn't attacking you. As for your ignorance, I referred specifically to your apparent lack of knowledge on the development of the canon, and did not call you ignorant in general. There are plenty of subjects that I am ignorant of, this just doesn't happen to be one of them, but if you can't distinguish between a specific comment that you appear to lack an understanding of a certain topic and a general insult then perhaps it would be better that we don't correspond further. I genuinely do not have, and nor did I ever have, any interest in upsetting you unnecessarily.

James
its been four or five times now that ive presented a perspective and youve somehow associated that perspective with something that i dont even believe, likely through the context of your own pretextual religious lense; youre simply obfuscating my statements thus far; if you cant read the text for what it says (not associating it with things that i havent said), it seems impossible to communicate; many people with whom i dialogue present more of a dualistic mindset, but yours seems the opposite; more relativistic in nature

if i present one word or concept, it is not necessary to automatically associate it with another word or concept which i did not use; they are in fact different; since you are perhaps the only person who has ever done this within the many hundreds that ive dialogued with over the internet, it stands to reason that the error rests with you; either that, or youre just doing your best to obsfucate my perspective after the manner of some manipulative debate tactic

if someone doesnt understand what im saying, then they should simply ask, instead of assume, as you continually do; you seem to be interpreting my statements through your own pretextual religious lense, instead of taking the words at their face value; for example, infallibility and sola scriptura do not always go together; many people believe that the bible is infallible, while not holding to it exclusively; if you feel that your church is the true church, then i suppose it makes a certain amount of sense that you dont acknowledge the existence of many other religious perspectives beyond your own

dms5aze said:
i invite every christian on this site with the call of islam to come and embrace it,
you christians believe that jesus is the son of god and god himself (trinity)

Glorified be Allah above those who you associate partners to him!!

1. The quran wipes out this allegation of the christians about Allah (in arabic meaning one and only true god) in which they claim he has a son in surat ikhlas which says:
SAY HE IS ALLAH THE ONE!!
ALLAH IS ETERNAL AND ABSOLUTE!!
NONE IS BORN OF HIM
NOR IS HE BORN
AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HIM!!

so ladies and gentlemen there you go the plain truth!! you claim to obey Jesus (pbuh) but you follow not his commands, his command was simple my friends and that was to worship thy father who had sent him!! meaning Allah!! father in metaphorically speaking Allah is the father of all of the prophets yes but that does not mean he has a son glorified be he!! i mean not to offend any 1 and if i have i apoligise sincerely but as Allah (swt) says in the quran : ' it is he who has sent his messenger(prophet muhammad pbuh) with the truth even though they detest it.

i want any christian on this forum i challenge them to pull out one quote in the bible where jesus (pbuh) claims divinity clearly!! verses like worship me etc my email address my brothers and sisters is [email protected]

Asslam Alikum to my muslim brothers on this forum ;)
:) im not aware that jesus actually claimed divinity in the bible, although ive seen verses that could be misinterpreted as such; jesus says "why do you call me good? no one is good except God alone"