• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Christian I'm against religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I too don’t care about religion. Though I believe a healthy relationship with God and Jesus Christ is important to me and for anyone seeking to have a relationship with God and Jesus Christ.

I believe one religious practice is praising God and this is what is said of that: Ps. 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The reference to some religions being ' satanic ' is not what we would necessarily consider ' bad ' . The bible describes Satan as an angel of light . He doesn't come with pointy horns , a pitch fork and dressed in red . No he appeals to what easily deceives a person . Religion ,being a tool to seduce people away from God . This is all through the OT ( Associated with the earlier religions like Baal worship, Molech and such. And then in the NT ,the greek and Roman religions / gods . The idea being, similar beliefs and practices ,repackaged , re branded over and over ,with the same false Spirits behind them .

I suppose you mean this: Rom. 1:23 and they exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible mankind, of birds, four-footed animals, and crawling creatures.

1) I do not mean I'm against people who are in a religion . Prejudice or bigoted .

2) Yes I'm making the distinction between What I believe and' religion '.
Its the same thought when you look up the definition of a cult compared with a biblical definition of a cult . Its the same with 'religion '. The dictionary definition would lead some to put everyone in the same basket so to speak . The bible makes a distinction in the NT .

3) I Do see 'religion' as harmful and ultimately leads people away from God .

4 ) There are some religions that are man made . For power and control. But ultimately I believe each religion is satanic at the core of them.

5) No I don't believe everyone is bad , satanic , or such ,who follow a 'religion '
. Yes the motivation to join can be good . I believe no one is dumb for Joining a religion . I believe people are sincere who Join and even their founders sincere .

6 ) Yes I know this sounds contradictory and confusing. No I'm not superior or the only person to never be deceived.
But this is the perspective of what I believe the bible says .
7 ) Yes ,even within Christianity the pull to 'religion ' is Strong and can lead Christians to be come ' religious '

8) Yes I believe 'religion ' is responsible for SOME wars . Yes I believe its responsible for , conflict and spiritual abuse also
9 )Relatively speaking, not all religion is bad .
Any questions lol ?

even the Christian religion established by Jesus Christ in the new covenant on Peter and the apostles and their successors? Matt 16:18