• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Christian I'm against religion.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No saved person ( Christian) is under the law anymore .
Romans 6:14

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”
That's Paul. not Jesus. You are a follower of Paul, not a follower of Jesus.

Matthew 5:17-18
King James Version

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

How Paul changed the course of Christianity

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Of course he doesn't sound like a bad guy to some ,because that's how he deceives. He does destroy and kill but he also promises ' peace ', success, fame , and will have people caught in a bind of religious observances, rituals, practices , guilt, self focus, ever chasing but never arriving at the truth . Keeping you blinded from the truth . What better way than 'religion ' ? Look at how much the world is obsessed and preoccupied by it .

Seems like Satan is even more powerful than god from the way you describe things. God's just kind of hanging out in the back while Satan is out running the show.

John1.12

Free gift
That's Paul. not Jesus. You are a follower of Paul, not a follower of Jesus.

Matthew 5:17-18
King James Version

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

How Paul changed the course of Christianity
I said ' a Christian is no longer under the law . I didn't say it was no longer in use for something or someone.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I would sum up in a nut shell that most religions are to attain something by what we do , Where as Christianity is about what Jesus did to attain for us .
Do you skip the part of doing something? only rely on what Jesus did ? (that is a question, not a critique :) )

John1.12

Free gift
Some people believe Satan is still roaming around. I do not; I believe people make their own choices, and some may have misinformation and believe it without regards of trying to figure out of what has been told them is true or not.

I believe people make choices and if they will willingly reject anything that doesn’t line up with how they think, it is one of the reasons why the Bible is also so hard to get into because it is like looking in to a mirror when you follow the Lord and listen to his teaches, you become understanding even more so of the human nature that is within us all, that causes to hate, be greedy and all everything else you can think of because of this flesh we live in.

When it comes to spiritual things even faith the flesh hates the idea and fights against it: especially when it comes to reading the Bible. The Bible makes these things very clear.

People makes choices and I don’t judge or condemn them of their choice because that is what they want and desire.

Satan doesn’t have power over anyone; people are drawn away and enticed by whatever is they enjoy according to the Bible, James 1:14. Because it is their own choice; just like it was my own choice to make every single decision in my own personal life.
I agree that reguard less of influences, satanic or otherwise, God holds people accountable for their choices.

MatthewA

Paul was an chosen apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God. The reason his letters are in the Bible serve a purpose. They expound even further of what happens later on in history after the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

My belief when it comes to the Bible is that everything was completed by the Lord Jesus Christ and fulfilled; Having the victory over Satan, Sin, Grave, Hell/Sheol, and death.

I believe that hell is empty now, I believe Satan is defeated, I believe that people have a choice to either have God and His son in their life or not. Because having a relationship with God by faith is one way to know you can have peace with God. (Romans 5:1-5)

Do you all have the ability to say you have peace with God because of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ??

When passing away will you be ready to see the creator?

Or do you believe that you won’t see anything or are you going to reincarnated because of your differences of religion?

My understanding is all people are resurrected and their are two resurrections one for unbelievers, and one for believers and the destination for the unbelievers is outside of the Kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem, those who were believers will go into the Heavenly Jerusalem, to be with the Lord God Almighty.

You can ponder these questions if you would like even reject the information that doesn’t bother me and all my life of debating is over.

John1.12

Free gift
Do you skip the part of doing something? only rely on what Jesus did ? (that is a question, not a critique :) )
There is a prerequisite to attain what Jesus did yes . Here is the big list ,you might need to write it down . I.ll highlight it :
1 Corinthians 1.21
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe .

MatthewA

Everything in life is predicated on your own personal choices you make. Unless it was some unfortunate mistake of another than impacted life or that of accidents that typically happen when things fall apart,

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

I respect you being against something and not the followers of the something ,because that was my point also .
It is my opinion that a person's religious beliefs mean nothing in estimating them as a fellow member of the human species. Except perhaps for the ability to note when a person is willing to believe in or defend something without good foundations. That is the actual, revealing item of interest, not the religion itself.

John1.12

Free gift
So you say. Why should I believe the source you would say that I should investigate - especially when it would defy Occam's Razor?
The death ,burial and resurrection of Jesus for example we have many alternative explanations for the accounts . Some of the leading ones that are seriously debated are ' The swoon hypothesis ' , ,hallucinations hypothesis” The stolen body Hypothesis of course everyone's favourite ' corruption of the text / telephone game theory . But I believe that actual claims are the simplest explanation. That being all the writers believed fully what the reported, what they were told, what some saw and heard . This i believe goes for all 66 books of the bible.

John1.12

Free gift
It is my opinion that a person's religious beliefs mean nothing in estimating them as a fellow member of the human species. Except perhaps for the ability to note when a person is willing to believe in or defend something without good foundations. That is the actual, revealing item of interest, not the religion itself.
What you believe does affect your worldview .

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
The death ,burial and resurrection of Jesus for example we have many alternative explanations for the accounts . Some of the leading ones that are seriously debated are ' The swoon hypothesis ' , ,hallucinations hypothesis” The stolen body Hypothesis of course everyone's favourite ' corruption of the text / telephone game theory . But I believe that actual claims are the simplest explanation. That being all the writers believed fully what the reported, what they were told, what some saw and heard . This i believe goes for all 66 books of the bible.

That's cool. Why should I believe it?

What makes all 66 of the books more of a simpler explanation than "It's a man made account of an event that was never recorded independently of these books." Especially when the books of the bible have contradictions that point to them being a man made product, and not any more supernatural or special than any other religious text?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What makes all 66 of the books more of a simpler explanation than "It's a man made account of an event that was never recorded independently of these books."
As an aside, what about the other books accepted by the RCC and OC not accepted by Protestants? How do they know they're not missing scriptures?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would sum up in a nut shell that most religions are to attain something by what we do , Where as Christianity is about what Jesus did to attain for us .
Do you mean so that you don't have to do anything? Sorry, but that is not what Jesus taught, that is what Christianity teaches.

Matthew 25:35-45 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

John1.12

Free gift
That's cool. Why should I believe it?

What makes all 66 of the books more of a simpler explanation than "It's a man made account of an event that was never recorded independently of these books." Especially when the books of the bible have contradictions that point to them being a man made product, and not any more supernatural or special than any other religious text?
I should do a op on " I also don't believe the bible and in God the same way as you do "
I don't believe there are any contradictions ( dictionary definition helps ) No other religious text comes close by comparison.