• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a Christian I'm against religion.

John1.12

Free gift
1) I do not mean I'm against people who are in a religion . Prejudice or bigoted .

2) Yes I'm making the distinction between What I believe and' religion '.
Its the same thought when you look up the definition of a cult compared with a biblical definition of a cult . Its the same with 'religion '. The dictionary definition would lead some to put everyone in the same basket so to speak . The bible makes a distinction in the NT .

3) I Do see 'religion' as harmful and ultimately leads people away from God .

4 ) There are some religions that are man made . For power and control. But ultimately I believe each religion is satanic at the core of them.

5) No I don't believe everyone is bad , satanic , or such ,who follow a 'religion '
. Yes the motivation to join can be good . I believe no one is dumb for Joining a religion . I believe people are sincere who Join and even their founders sincere .

6 ) Yes I know this sounds contradictory and confusing. No I'm not superior or the only person to never be deceived.
But this is the perspective of what I believe the bible says .
7 ) Yes ,even within Christianity the pull to 'religion ' is Strong and can lead Christians to be come ' religious '

8) Yes I believe 'religion ' is responsible for SOME wars . Yes I believe its responsible for , conflict and spiritual abuse also
9 )Relatively speaking, not all religion is bad .
Any questions lol ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. Given the lack of questions, doubt, or content that promotes discussion in the OP, it seems like you have it all figured out.

Enjoy. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1) I do not mean I'm against people who are in a religion . Prejudice or bigoted .

Its the same thought when you look up the definition of a cult compared with a biblical definition of a cult . Its the same with 'religion '. The dictionary definition would lead some to put everyone in the same basket so to speak . The bible makes a distinction in the NT .

4 ) There are some religions that are man made . For power and control. But ultimately I believe each religion is satanic at the core of them.

5) No I don't believe everyone is bad , satanic , or such ,who follow a 'religion '
. Yes the motivation to join can be good . I believe no one is dumb for Joining a religion . I believe people are sincere who Join and even their founders sincere .

6 ) Yes I know this sounds contradictory and confusing. No I'm not superior or the only person to never be deceived.
7 ) Yes ,even within Christianity the pull to 'religion ' is Strong and can lead Christians to be come ' religious '

8) Yes I believe 'religion ' is responsible for SOME wars . Yes I believe its responsible for , conflict and spiritual abuse also
Any questions lol ?
Nope. look like you answered them all by your self :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Define religion.
Not the dictionary definition.
The definition YOU use.

pearl

In a broad sense any religion which venerates a person is a cult.

4 ) There are some religions that are man made

All religions are man made in response to faith. We not ought to confuse the two. We get into trouble when we make religion the God who is supposed be served, mixed with political agenda, it takes on a life of its own,

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Any questions lol ?
I'm still going to consider you as in a religion.

I see this "all the other religions are religions, but my religion isn't a religion" thing that some Christians like to argue as nonsense.

... and no, I don't care how you think the Bible defines "religion."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Any questions lol ?

I think change the way you define religion. Its not religion that turns people but the politics and individual people's actions.

If person A and B follows the same religion and A killed and B's life is transformed and does good, is B following his religion correctly?

Does he need to do bad things to consider him religious?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I see this "all the other religions are religions, but my religion isn't a religion" thing that some Christians like to argue as nonsense.

Not limited to Christians, I'm afraid. The spiritual but not religious crowd, and others will say that, and then turn around and do actions that are straight out of a religious handbook, or correspond to a religion. I consider it mostly self-talk to disassociate themselves with aspects that are considered negative by the general public. I study the actions, not the words, and also see it as nonsense. At the same time, people have the right to practice nonsense. They, in turn, may very well see all my views as nonsensical.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Not limited to Christians, I'm afraid. The spiritual but not religious crowd, and others will say that, and then turn around and do actions that are straight out of a religious handbook, or correspond to a religion. I consider it mostly self-talk to disassociate themselves with aspects that are considered negative by the general public. I study the actions, not the words, and also see it as nonsense. At the same time, people have the right to practice nonsense. They, in turn, may very well see all my views as nonsensical.
Sometimes that's the case, sure.

One difference I see with the "spiritual but not religious" crowd, though: it seems to me that many of them don't belong to anything that I'd consider a community of shared belief, so I wouldn't consider those people to be part of a religion.

(FYI: I draw a distinction between a religion and a belief system)

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sometimes that's the case, sure.

One difference I see with the "spiritual but not religious" crowd, though: it seems to ne that many of them don't belong to anything that I'd consider a community of shared belief, so I wouldn't consider those people to be part of a religion.

That's true, but some do, as well. I had a now deceased friend that talked SBNR, and was a staunch devotee of Satya Sai Baba, and came to the Hindu temple I go to regularly, as well as the local Sai Center. There are a couple of similar people here on RF. (I won't give names because they'll argue it.)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But ultimately I believe each religion is satanic at the core of them.
I believe all authentic religions, not made-up artificial ones like Scientology or some hate group usurping the name of God, like Christian Nationalism, is the desire to find Truth, Beauty, and Goodness. I cannot understand how that is Satanic, which symbolizes the opposite of the Divine, worshipping death and chaos and power over others.

But religions are made up of individuals, and most often, those in positions of power and leadership are not Awakened individuals, and religion becomes an extension of their egos. They are the 'Religious but not Spiritual' crowd (RBNS), as the insidious opposite of 'Spiritual but not Religious' crowd (SBNR).

And what makes them "satanic", if anything, is that the lower, carnal impulses are called the highest good, that they are "serving God", when in reality, they are 'usurping God". It becomes insidious, because it is 'evil' masquerading as 'good'. "Wolves, in sheep's clothing". So devious it is, the person doing it themselves is deceived that they are doing good.

So both exist within religions made up of humans. Some reaching to the Divine, others co-opting the Divine for power and gain. The latter is 'Satanic', but that is not the core of religion, rather, it comes with religion because it is made up of humans all at different stages. The core of religion, what gives it life at all, is the desire to transcend the carnal, or that which does the opposite of serving Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.

What really determines the health of the religion is simple, "By their fruits you shall know them". Take Jan. 6 for example as the fruit of a form of Christianity that stormed the Capitol. Is that godly, or satanic? Once you strip away the language of serving God, what you see is death and violence on a bed of lies. That's 'Satanic' by definition.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

And it wouldn't help them to appeal to the Bible anyway, as the Biblical authors weren't averse to all "religion" the way some modern Evangelicals are.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe in religion. Although I like a change once in a while the things I do over and over are comfortable.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe perhaps that Christianity can have religion but is not bound to it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And it wouldn't help them to appeal to the Bible anyway, as the Biblical authors weren't averse to all "religion" the way some modern Evangelicals are.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27

I believe this has its roots in the reformation. There was a desire to remove all the attachments made by the RCC as extra baggage that isn't needed. The Quakers are more symptomatic not having ministers nor a form of worship but dropping the eucharist appears to be getting rid of the baby with the bathwater to me.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

Any questions lol ?
No questions.