• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artists,Gay straight lesbian image audience?

Riders

The thing of it is an artists image or relationship with their audience may not mirror the private sexual orientation at all and what's wrong with that , if that's what the artist is comfortable with?

When I went to see New Kids On The Block there were Gays and lesbians there claiming they needed facetime with Donnie facetime is any personal time you get with Donnie Wahlberg, could be a hand shake or a hug or a kiss.
But they were in love with New Kids On The Block crushing out on them as teens, so what difference should it make? I was in love with Deborah Harry when I was 12 Blondie, I loved crushed out on the whole group and now even at 74 I think she's a beautiful lady, still crushed out on her. But I am heterosexual.

But George Michael I saw a special on him and his career past. They said when he was with Wham, he had been hurt a lot because he felt pressured to live up to the heterosexual image of a heterosexual guy chasing women.

But he allowed his fans to know he was Gay and we loved him anyways. But yea I remember songs he was credited with like I Want Your Sex and Edge Of Heaven and I love those songs and I loved watching him chase the women so I can see where he felt pressured from it.

But then again in New Kids On the Block we have Jonathon Knight whom I can hear now I know what he would say about this post" Oh please don't bring me into this". Its because his personal life has nothing to do with his performing life his life with his fans which is cool. He has come out to being Gay but it really doesn't matter; He does not like having it be talked about and who can blame him, we either love him or we don't.

But he still kisses his fans at concerts and hugs us and we love it we love him and he's comfortable singing from a heterosexual space, the same songs he same as a kid. But does it really matter, I mean I think in his place his private life has nothing to do with his performing so it shouldn't matter.

But George Michael had a very different experience so I just think its interesting. I hope nobody's offended by this as I said I don't want to draw attention to anyone's private orientation but sense I have witnessed two different perspectives coming from artists on handling the sexual orientation I thought it would be interesting.

Riders

search

Deborah Harry

deborah harry pictures - Bing images

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The thing of it is an artists image or relationship with their audience may not mirror the private sexual orientation at all and what's wrong with that , if that's what the artist is comfortable with?

When I went to see New Kids On The Block there were Gays and lesbians there claiming they needed facetime with Donnie facetime is any personal time you get with Donnie Wahlberg, could be a hand shake or a hug or a kiss.
But they were in love with New Kids On The Block crushing out on them as teens, so what difference should it make? I was in love with Deborah Harry when I was 12 Blondie, I loved crushed out on the whole group and now even at 74 I think she's a beautiful lady, still crushed out on her. But I am heterosexual.

But George Michael I saw a special on him and his career past. They said when he was with Wham, he had been hurt a lot because he felt pressured to live up to the heterosexual image of a heterosexual guy chasing women.

But he allowed his fans to know he was Gay and we loved him anyways. But yea I remember songs he was credited with like I Want Your Sex and Edge Of Heaven and I love those songs and I loved watching him chase the women so I can see where he felt pressured from it.

But then again in New Kids On the Block we have Jonathon Knight whom I can hear now I know what he would say about this post" Oh please don't bring me into this". Its because his personal life has nothing to do with his performing life his life with his fans which is cool. He has come out to being Gay but it really doesn't matter; He does not like having it be talked about and who can blame him, we either love him or we don't.

But he still kisses his fans at concerts and hugs us and we love it we love him and he's comfortable singing from a heterosexual space, the same songs he same as a kid. But does it really matter, I mean I think in his place his private life has nothing to do with his performing so it shouldn't matter.

But George Michael had a very different experience so I just think its interesting. I hope nobody's offended by this as I said I don't want to draw attention to anyone's private orientation but sense I have witnessed two different perspectives coming from artists on handling the sexual orientation I thought it would be interesting.

I've always loved Kids on the Block as it was always one of my favorite comedy shows overall.

They're one of the few comedy troupes that could handle tough issues like those faced with gay and lesbian themes.

You might also want to consider Graham Norton as well as he actually faced real world violence on his person, and still came out for all appearances positive and straightforward as a gay man. Most noted for his appearances on Father Ted and his own talk show, it's a testament to his courage and for his clear comedy talent even if his talk show does get a little too much for me sometimes.

Riders

I've always loved Kids on the Block as it was always one of my favorite comedy shows overall.

They're one of the few comedy troupes that could handle tough issues like those faced with gay and lesbian themes.

not a Comedy Troup a Boy Band from the 80s who sang hits like Step By Step!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
not a Comedy Troup a Boy Band from the 80s who sang hits like Step By Step!
OMG!

I just realized. *Yikes*

Kids on the Block It's not the same thing as
Kids in the Hall!

God, I'm getting so damm senile these days!

PureX

Veteran Member
I am a fan of Ani DiFranco because I'm an artist, and she is an artist, and I greatly admire her intelligence, honesty, courage, and creativity as an artist. But when I went to her live shows, I was often the one single older male in a sea of young lesbian women. That's because Ani DiFranco is openly bisexual and openly expressive about this on stage, in print, and in her music. And even though Ani has written as many songs about relationships with men as she has about relationships with women, young lesbian women have almost no other artists out there writing songs that they can identify with, so specifically. I was in the audience because I identify with her as an artist (not as a lesbian women), but I understand and appreciate that all those young lesbian women were in her audience because Ani was singing songs that spoke to and of their life experiences.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Man I did, did you see the video for I want your sex. But it really means very little these days what the image is.
I mean maybe it’s just because I’m a millenial. So it’s either with hindsight I view these icons or I just don’t know that much about 80s fashion to distinguish what was considered “straight” at the time.
It’s kind of like telling me that Boy George was considered straight. One look was all it took to set my gaydar off lol

Riders

I mean maybe it’s just because I’m a millenial. So it’s either with hindsight I view these icons or I just don’t know that much about 80s fashion to distinguish what was considered “straight” at the time.
It’s kind of like telling me that Boy George was considered straight. One look was all it took to set my gaydar off lol

Not for me.I thought George Michael was a hit sexy guy and I appreciate his style and looks.