• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Articles of impeachment

Laika

Premium Member
They will probably be filed on Thursday. There's 2 articles one for abuse of power, the other obstruction of justice.
Here is what could happen.
We have the articles of impeachment. Now what? - CNNPolitics

Everything is completely normal people. Move along. Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the inferno.

the-british-burn-washington-dc-200-years-agos-featured-photo.jpg

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
They will probably be filed on Thursday. There's 2 articles one for abuse of power, the other obstruction of justice.

The demonic dems (not all) target changes so much its not easy to keep up! I am not nit picking but I think the newest charge is an obstruction of congress. The swamp is not a swamp but a cesspool.....we citizens should demand better from our elected officials. Part of the problem, meaning the reason these politicians get away with stealing etc. is a general lack of motivation of the voters. I place myself at the top of the 'too comfortable to fight list'.

shmogie

Wrong, obstruction of congress. Obstruction of justice would actually be a crime as required by the Constitution.

There is no legal standard for abuse of power or obstruction of congress. There is no legal code or statute making either illegal.

Because the democrats could not actually make the case that Trump violated the law, they are using two alleged crimes that aren't by statute crimes. They are crimes because the democrats say they are crimes.

The Constitutional standard for impeachment has not been met.

The senate will deal with these spurious articles very quickly. They may even dismiss them as inadequate for holding a trial in the senate.

What a perfidious waste of time and money. Yet I thank the democrats, it will be Trump in 2020 and their articles makes that even surer.

Riders

I do not even know what yall are talking about what thread are you under. Every single post has implied I am saying Dems are pretending the President is being impeached and were pretending there's a fire. What the heck is that all about I said the opposite. Infact all i said this whole thread was only about the papers being filed, and that is a fact, they are being filed Thursday sorry.

That does not mean he will be impeached. Infact I said in my first post there several things that could happen and read them in the article. Nobody read the article did you? It has ways that Republicans could win and not have an impeachment.

The next time I get a handfull of Republicans shouting me down that I am trying to destroy the President and making stuff up about Trump when I did the exact opposite, I said I don't know how it will turn out several things could happen; I will take it down, anymore of that and I will take this thread down or report you for being off topic.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
@Riders

Your original post says "Obstruction of Justice" when it should say "Obstruction of Congress." That's what the news article you posted says, at least.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
There is no legal standard for abuse of power or obstruction of congress. There is no legal code or statute making either illegal.
It's part of the Constitutional authority of Congress the Supreme Court has decided -- the power of Congress to demand documents and witnesses from the Executive branch. One can read up on that. Here's where I did:

Congressional oversight - Wikipedia

Reading this, one can see Congress has that Constitutional authority to require whatever officials/workers in the executive branch to appear before it and more: it also has the duty of oversight.

Both the Constitutional power, and the Constitutional duty.

So, to block that rightful power of Congress by refusing to allow witnesses to go to Congress is against the Constitution.

That blocking when it happens is by itself, alone, strictly speaking so serious it warrants the impeachment and removal of any such president breaking his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Regardless of any other factors.

(btw, I'm non partisan. But I do like to see large numbers of legit conservatives in office. We'd be far better off with Pence, at this point)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Watching the Democrats go after Trump is like watching a soap opera. There's all of this drama build up but there is never any closure. Just a segue way to the next episode.

Perhaps the "producers" don't really want closure because folks will stop tuning in. Could have impeached him weeks ago, but no, drag it out. I wonder how long the senate will drag it out before they acquit him.

TautCoolDuckbillplatypus-small.gif

Riders

Watching the Democrats go after Trump is like watching a soap opera. There's all of this drama build up but there is never any closure. Just a segue way to the next episode.

Perhaps the "producers" don't really want closure because folks will stop tuning in. Could have impeached him weeks ago, but no, drag it out. I wonder how long the senate will drag it out before they acquit him.

TautCoolDuckbillplatypus-small.gif

If they impeach him and they may, it wont matter to congress anyways, they won't throw him out and they will allow him to run again yes, I have always said that. SO the impeachment will not do anything to get him out of his office.

The only real way we get him out is to not vote for him and we will have to wait to see what happens with that .But I do think the impeachment may come through maybe, but as I said no its not gonna change anything right now. The election is the only thing Dems have to look to to actually get him out of office.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They are crimes because the democrats say they are crimes.

It's the Democrats show. The Republicans have no choice but to let the Democrats impeach him, whatever their reasons.

What a perfidious waste of time and money.

No, this is called oversight. It's money very well spent. That black hole of narcissism and endless ego is really going to hate this.

What's a waste of money is all that golfing on the taxpayer's dime

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If they impeach him and they may, it wont matter to congress anyways, they won't throw him out and they will allow him to run again yes, I have always said that. SO the impeachment will not do anything to get him out of his office.

The only real way we get him out is to not vote for him and we will have to wait to see what happens with that .But I do think the impeachment may come through maybe, but as I said no its not gonna change anything right now. The election is the only thing Dems have to look to to actually get him out of office.

If it were me, I'd say screw it and work on fixing healthcare.

UpperLimits

Wow. The Democrats are finally going to file articles of impeachment. Never saw that one coming. Ya know, I haven't been this shocked since the day Liberace confessed to everyone he was gay....

Last edited:

shmogie

It's part of the Constitutional authority of Congress the Supreme Court has decided -- the power of Congress to demand documents and witnesses from the Executive branch. One can read up on that. Here's where I did:

Congressional oversight - Wikipedia

Reading this, one can see Congress has that Constitutional authority to require whatever officials/workers in the executive branch to appear before it and more: it also has the duty of oversight.

Both the Constitutional power, and the Constitutional duty.

So, to block that rightful power of Congress by refusing to allow witnesses to go to Congress is against the Constitution.

That blocking when it happens is by itself, alone, strictly speaking so serious it warrants the impeachment and removal of any such president breaking his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Regardless of any other factors.

(btw, I'm non partisan. But I do like to see large numbers of legit conservatives in office. We'd be far better off with Pence, at this point)
I think you are overlooking the right of the president to invoke executive privilege. Once invoked, the Constitutional checks and balances of which executive privilege is an example, must be resolved in court.

Invoking privilege isn't wrong, it is perfectly legal, and isn't wrong and isn't "blocking", unless a court declares it so.

shmogie

It's the Democrats show. The Republicans have no choice but to let the Democrats impeach him, whatever their reasons.

No, this is called oversight. It's money very well spent. That black hole of narcissism and endless ego is really going to hate this.

What's a waste of money is all that golfing on the taxpayer's dime
The democrat precedent, which will have no bearing on Trumps presidency, except help him in 2020, has reduced impeachment to a political tactic.

Though the Constitution requires a criminal act, the precedent set only requires behavior the opposing party doesn't like.

The precedent requires no participation by representatives of another party as has been the case in the other impeachments.

The precedent legitimizes perpetual investigations, in search of an impeachable offense, at the expense of other activities on behalf of the citizenry.

Some day there will be a democrat president with Republicans in control of the House. If they follow the democrat precedent, they will begin impeachment investigations the moment the democrat president is sworn in.

As a solely party effort, they will develop articles of impeachment with no crime stated and then impeach the president.

Another tawdry political tactic could become commonplace. Eroding further trust in government institutions.

This impeachment matches perfectly what Hamilton warned about in Federalist 65. An exercise by one party to eliminate a political enemy. Hamilton concludes that a process reserved for the most heinous crimes by a president, could become a method for a political hit job. He decried this as as being a gross distortion of why impeachment was part of the Constitution.