• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Article: Excerpts from Exploring the Inner Universe

No*s

Captain Obvious
This is part of an interview, which I found very useful :). The OIC is a very useful tool.

Excerpt:

Asceticism is something to be practiced. Prayer is very important even if you say it mechanically because the understanding comes later. The Holy Spirit works later in you after you are well established in your ascetic endeavors.

Full article here.

Personally, prayer has always been difficult for me, and as such, articles such as this provide an aid. It's easy for me to analyze, but the mystical side of Christianity is a part I must struggle with. My pride and constant flitting from subject to subject do not help :).

Joannicius

Great Read No*s

I especially liked the last paragraph-

Orthodoxinfo.com said:
Today, when our country wants to follow the way of Democratic reform, what if we leave aside all arguments, all accusations, all desire for revenge and all the demagogic discourses which, in fact, are nothing else than our own weaknesses and inability to enter within the inner temple of the Holy Spirit which is in us? We can defeat Satan only with God, Who is within us. Let us follow the way of the great ascetics of our people in these moments of crisis, because only from this will our salvation come.