• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art or Censorship

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think its quite censorship, as it doesn't fully prevent anything from being seen, it just tries to shift focus.

I'm not sure its artistic expression, either, as nothing new is being expressed.

Perhaps just a creative way of seeing something old in a new light....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People are completely nuts now.

Except the diaper some college students put on a statue of David in my area.

I thought that was funny.

Brinne

I think it's just another way of framing the piece, I think the idea of it being 'face-to-face' with the viewer when they arrive at the exhibit is interesting as opposed to having to gaze upwards.

There was a comment in the article about parts of the exhibit being separated though? What I gathered based on ticketing price? Which seemed a little odd -- unless I'm misinterpreting those last few lines in the article.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The perfect solution is this. Those that can't handle art that shows the human body nude, should just stay at home, and complain about how filthy life is without clothing on. They couldn't appreciate any art at all, with such a puckered anus approach to life.

ecco

Veteran Member
For most visitors, though, David’s head is all they will see as they tour the pavilion. Only VIPs with special access will be able to catch a view of the statue from head to toe while it’s on display for the next six months at Dubai’s Expo 2020.
I thought only VIPs were allowed in Dubai anyway.