• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art Ask&Receive

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I thought it might be cool to create a thread where anyone can ask art questions and answer them.

Here is my question:

Say you kind of digitally drew a bunch of characters and a floor, somewhat overhead view, and you made it such that it "looks" like there is a pretend lighting source coming from the very top right of the screen.

Hero3.png

To further enhance this image and the portrayal of such a lighting, I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to apply as a foreground image over all of the arts you have placed, a full screen image made in image software that simply starts as solid white at the top right corner, and ends with black, and made the image partially transparent over the whole thing, like a reduced opacity level to the image (the whole image being partially transparent)? Example of foreground image:

Foreground.png

Or would it just give everything a mayonnaise look and simply be a bad practice with there being no such easy free lunch to art?