• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arriving at a Theistic Belief

ppp

Wow, you are overtly and categorically incorrigible??? You need evidence to prove whether or not animals kill incessantly and indiscriminately, and without compunction?
Yes.

They eat their prey alive - what part of their constitution do you not understand? And like a pedantic *** you request proof - like I've said to you enough times, open your oblivious eyes!
You are incessantly and indiscriminately, and without compunction claiming that they all do. Which is false.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It requires evidence if one's belief is to be rationally justified. If one does not care about such things then evidence is merely a hinderance.
Religious or spiritual belief is often not about this physical world we live in, so the evidence you seeking as a non-believer is not a priority in spiritual seeking, and can not be answered by physical evidence. But the answers arise from by wisdom of the spiritual realm.
And yes it is a belief, not science

ppp

Religious or spiritual belief is often not about this physical world we live in, so the evidence you seeking as a non-believer is not a priority in spiritual seeking, and can not be answered by physical evidence. But the answers arise from by wisdom of the spiritual realm.
And yes it is a belief, not science
Define spiritual.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Define spiritual.
One answer is

Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature.

others may have different answer

ppp

Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature.
Is "spiritual" just a symbol that you use for that particular mental state? Or are you saying it is something wholly different from cognition?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is "spiritual" just a symbol that you use for that particular mental state? Or are you saying it is something wholly different from cognition?
It is both actually.
Spiritual contain both an consciousness and an area of understanding one can not realise fully consciousness with ego present

ppp

piritual contain both an consciousness and an area of understanding one can not realise fully consciousness with ego present
Define the part of "spiritual" that is not cognition, and explain how to determine that it is actually a thing, and not a fiction.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Define the part of "spiritual" that is not cognition, and explain how to determine that it is actually a thing, and not a fiction.
Is spirituality a thing? Can you touch it? It is not a thing and you can not touch it, only experience it.
By that the question you ask can not be answered in words, but must be experienced by each individual person who seek spiritual awakening.

And since no person are at the same level of wisdom the answer I give would only resonate to me, your understanding is totally different and your answer would not resonate with what I say.

So, I can not answer in a way you understand.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There are plenty of things that I can only experience, yet can still identify and discriminate from other things.

Ok. Do you understand?
I understand the teaching i follow and practice at the level of wisdom i have realized. So the answers i have is meant for me to solve the next layer of the teaching, thats all there is to it.

ppp

I understand the teaching i follow and practice at the level of wisdom i have realized. So the answers i have is meant for me to solve the next layer of the teaching, thats all there is to it.
Fair enough. :) Thanks for the conversation. I am heading to bed.