1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AROUND THE WORLDYes, Canada is Actually Arresting Christian Pastors and Banning Them From Preaching

Discussion in 'The Political World' started by SugarOcean, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SugarOcean

SugarOcean ¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Ratings:
    +283
    Religion:
    Christian
    You would imagine then that Jesus himself sinned per that instruction. As we recall, Jesus prayed aloud and instructed the masses who attended his sermon from the mountain, how to pray. "Our Father who art in Heaven...."

While preaching to the public out of doors is not the same as praying. If it were considered such then indeed Jesus would have violated his own instruction there in Matthew 6 on both counts. Prayer and preaching.

That verse you cite is actually warning against praying for prideful reasons. While the Christian is in relationship with the source of all that exists and therefore our living is prayer without ceasing.
    And when we preach in buildings constructed by mortal hands, where God said he does not dwell, we are gathered together as temples containing that holy spirit and therefore God does dwell within us there. And indeed is everywhere we are and within us.
    I have never been led to proselytize door to door, nor preach in the streets. However, those who are led to do so and not by ego, do so out of love. Not hubris. For what escapes those who think to mock us is this. We believe in God and the good news he sent to the world through His Word, as The Word made flesh in Emmanuel ("God with us").
    We believe that.
    And as such since we gave our life to the faith that tells us what this life means and what awaits after, we seek to tell others about that. And the reason is because God knows for whom the message of Salv-ation shall resonate. And it is those one's whom shall find their way to The Way. Whether we speak aloud on a street in Toronto Canada, or from the pulpit in Ink Ohio.
    You see, it isn't us that leads people to Christ in those ways. Rather it is us who calls out to those whom are awaiting to be called . Wherever they may be. Holy spirit dwells within us. Those who minister speak from that place if they are truly of God. While those who are not ministers still teach by example. Even when they falter as human beings displaying temper, or what have you. They are still the living testimony that God heals and saves the human condition.

2. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Crazy Diamond

Ratings:
    +18,593
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    It comes from a silly song that has no intention of being taken seriously.
    Most of my activity here is LGBT or politically related, or just random stuff. This is also the only forum Im on, and outside of here the only time religion is a thought on my mind is when someone else brings it up.
    It took a lot of effort to get here. Why should I not be proud that where once I was a lost lamb but now I burn with the intensity of a thousand infernos. Self ownership is a privilege few indulge in. I went from being nothing, and now I'm at least five stories high, and I keep growing taller. If things keep going my way, within a few yers I'll be around 10 stories high, and looking to grow even taller. And for me Growing really only began after I embraced Lucifer.
    You said it, not me.

3. SugarOcean

SugarOcean ¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Ratings:
    +283
    Religion:
    Christian
    I have never pretended to know your journey. I know what you show me about yourself when you write your posts. As I show you me in the same way.

From what you've just shared I'll say I will never pretend to know your journey or what you've suffered prior to this moment. You are proud you overcame your obstacles. I don't know them and would never presume to trespass on that privacy and ask. That you overcame them and it made you a better person, if it did, is a blessing.
    Even if you don't believe in that.

I will share with you a bit about my journey and as such a tad piece of advice.
    Overcoming hurdles seemingly meant to do you harm or even kill you takes strength, determination, and a sense of self that realizes one is able to reach deep down and be a victor rather than a victim.
    Sadly, there are many who are not that fortunate and they do not make it out, or over those hurdles with their life. God have mercy.

While we can overcome and be stronger than we were before is glorious. However, if we take with us the residue of darkness that tried to swallow us , if we feel rage, anger, etc... having overcome, we are still in the shadows of that past. And have not actually overcome as much as we think. Because we carry the residue of the oppression and the dark emotions that generated while thinking we strove to enter freedom and the light. And that gives that former darkness power still.

There is only now.
    Freedom from that which thought to consume us, whatever it was, means being washed clean of all of it. ALL of it.
    It doesn't happen overnight. It is a process.
    In my faith that is ritualized in Baptism. In Judaism its like is called the Mikveh. A submersion rite so as to attain "ritual purity". It is ceremony, mind over matter.

You don't have to be a Christian or seeking to convert to the faith to wash away the remains of the darkness that may cling in the form of anger, frustration, rage, that holds on so as to affect your present moment with the emotional reminders of your past.
    You are worth more in this life than the darkness that once called you its own.
    Whether you accept this or not it is of sincere intent and heart; May God bless and keep you all your days. May God's light fall on the path you take moment to moment and keep you safe. May the reflection that gazes back at you from silvered glass show love and peace behind your eyes as one worthy of such blessing. And may you always find it and it in turn find you.
    Amen.

4. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,287
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    It is apparent that you have made up your mind about this.....and you can believe as you wish, I have only one thing to say.....
    If the Bible is the word of God, then what are Paul's writings doing in there? If Paul was a false apostle then surely God would have eliminated his contributions from the Christian scriptures. Please don't tell me you believe that the Catholic church had anything to do with selecting the books that would be included in the final product.

Is it God's word...or men's? If we cannot believe all of it...then logically we should believe none of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kangaroo Feathers

Kangaroo Feathers Hardline moderate

Ratings:
    +6,566
    Religion:
    Catholic
  6. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Crazy Diamond

Ratings:
    +18,593
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Whats wrong with darkness?

7. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,310
    Religion:
    Christian
    Globalism isn't the boogey man you think it is.

Where do you get this stuff about jackboots and the lack of freedom? ...Its been around since the Bonze age .. Every country doesn't have copper. Trade.. commerce between nations enhances peace..

Who benefits from ranting about paranoia?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +6,566
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Stop lying. Lying to further persecution-for-Jesus-fantasy is bearing false witness and explicitly condemned in the 10 commandments. It doesn't help your cause, it only serves to alienate others and inspire contempt for Christianity. Stop. Doing. It.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +6,566
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Self fulfilling prophecy. Shriek mindlessly and endlessly about how everyone's against you, turns everyone against you.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,287
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Its all in the Revelation. We see the enforcers all trained and ready to make sure that all conform to the new ruling authority.

Have you not noticed that the majority of westerners have forgotten how to be self-sufficient?
    The system now supplies everything we need for life....food, water, fuel, transport, currency, electricity.....what would you do if someone took down the power grid tomorrow? How dependent are we on the system? Bit by bit we have given them power over us.
    The Revelation indicates that 'no one will be able to buy or sell' without authority from the new governmental arrangement. They will have absolute control over all resources.

Its a fait accompli....there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. No point in being paranoid about it, any more than Noah was about the flood. God showed him how to survive it....he has shown us how to survive this coming catastrophe too. It won't last long, but it will end badly for those who thought Globalism was going to solve the world's problems......if we aren't putting our faith and trust in God and in his Kingdom, and doing what we are instructed to do now, then there will be no way to survive what's coming. (Matthew 24:21-22)

That is what I believe the Bible says will happen in the not too distant future. Batten down the hatches...we are in for a bumpy ride.

11. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +6,566
    Religion:
    Catholic
    What a ridiculous false dichotomy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,310
    Religion:
    Christian
    Look at the people who are terrified of commerce of "globalism".. They tend towards being poor and uneducated..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,287
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    How do you know it's false? I guess we will all know sooner or later....

14. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,874
    What happens if we all die and find out that Thor is waiting to judge us and doesn't care about repentence of any of that Christian stuff? Or any of the other thousands of god(s) that humans have worshiped?
    I mean, it's not really an either/or type of situation here.

15. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,169
    Religion:
    Christian
    Are you saying none of them could become -- or became -- Christians?

Read Acts of the Apostles 15:5-6.

Some people are willing to change their way of life, to become approved. Saul/Paul was one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,310
    Religion:
    Christian
    How right you are.....…...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dan From Smithville

Dan From Smithville Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,478
    Religion:
    Methodist
    It is what happens when a person decides that paranoid conspiracy theories are sound reasoning to base decisions on. Corporations are the tools of the Devil and they control everything.

I wonder why a person like that would even bother to post on the internet, when they are just waiting around for the doom of the world that is happening tomorrow. No. The next day. No. The day after that. No. Some other day...next month...next year...1914...whenever.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +6,566
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I often am, yet people always seem surprised

• Like Like x 1
  19. SugarOcean

SugarOcean ¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Ratings:
    +283
    Religion:
    Christian
    I've studied the Bible and various disciplines linked with my faith for years.
    There are also Bible scholars that are critical of Saul. And not all the Apostles accepted him.

Actually it isn't an all or nothing matter.

To believe Saul's words is to believe Jesus didn't accomplish what he was born and died for. Saul states at least three different times in his writings that he is delivering his gospel. His words are that of, "my gospel".
    Not one of the actual Apostles of Christ ever referred to Saul as an Apostle. Though Saul assumed that title of his own volition.
    If you believe all of the Bible then why would you ignore Jesus warning about false teachers, and ignore the fact that Saul's arrival and action long after are identical to what Jesus warned against believing.

Jesus' words came first.

Revelation 2 is Jesus inspired words to Apostle John when John was banished to the isle of Patmos. Verse 2 is Jesus referring to Saul.

God did not canonize the new testament. Men did. Men compiled the Bible. Men! The history of the Bible is fascinating in how it came to exist as what we have today. You should look into that. It is quite a study and very time consuming but well worth it. You'll then learn why Saul's letters were the majority text in the canonized new testament.

HOW WAS THE BIBLE DISTRIBUTED BEFORE THE PRINTING PRESS WAS INVENTED IN 1455?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,287
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    I believe it is. The crux of this question is......"is the Bible the word of God or the words of men?" This is where we diverge. You accept the words of men over scripture, their 'scholarship' notwithstanding, you trust them more than you trust God's ability to preserve the integrity of his own word.
    If you accept only parts of it, on whose authority do you accept those parts and reject others? Do you see the problem?

Could I have references for that please....? Paul was specific when giving his own recommendations on various things. He said "I, not the Lord", so he never ascribed to Jesus what he personally thought was good counsel.

Paul was not one of the 12 and never claimed to be. His was an assignment specifically to take the good news to the Gentile nations. His qualifications made him a good choice because the 12 were not equipped educationally to go where Paul went and to address those to whom Paul spoke.

Because I don't believe that God's word contains the teachings of those who would lead Jesus' disciples down the wrong track....satan used the churches to do that. That is what he foretold. If Paul's words are counterfeit Christianity, then God would be to blame for allowing false testimony to be taught as scripture.
    You obviously don't trust God to provide the truth in his own book. :shrug:

When did Paul contradict Jesus?

You can interpret it that way if you wish, but Paul himself issued the same warnings. (Acts 20:29-30; 2 Corinthians 11:13)

God used men to write it too.....it's still God's word. You seem to doubt God's ability to have his own thoughts preserved for all generations as he wanted them recorded. If he was to allow his word to be corrupted, then what other parts are untrustworthy? If you shoot down the Bible writers because you want to imply sinister motives to them, you undermine the authenticity of the whole book.

It is all God's word....or none of it is. To say otherwise is to argue with scripture. I argue with none of it.

No need to shout.

It was hand copied. And the period between when the writing of the Bible's final book was completed, (end of the first century) up until the beginning of the "time of the end" (according to Daniels prophesies) was a dark time when it was foretold that the devil would sow his weeds of fake Christianity and lead the majority of people away from Christ's teaching by doing exactly what Judaism did....adopting the traditions of men and substituting them for the word of God.

Those dark times also saw the word of God taken away from the common man and secreted away for only a select few to ponder. This gave rise to all manner of false ideas being presented as truth because ordinary people were not educated and had to take the words of those men for what the Bible contained. They told lies that are still around as 'gospel' to this day.

The one thing that God did not allow, was the corruption of scripture itself. Men could put all manner of false interpretation on the meanings of its words, but never were they permitted to alter its message. This is true of all scripture and I have studied it deeply for the last 47 years. The one thing I do not rely on is the opinion of men corrupted by Christendom's pathetic interpretations of God's word to form my beliefs. Look at its sad and sorry state....divided into literally thousands of bickering fragments, none of whom reflect Christ's teachings in the slightest. If Christ came back tomorrow Matthew 7:21-23 would see its fulfillment.

That is how I see it.