• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aron Ra debates Hovind:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Round 1:

Round 2:

And this iis the discussion that I posted earlier. In this video Hovind is continually corrected, Hovind wanted a debate and Aron would not agree to one since Hovind is notoriously dishonest. He wanted a discussion where corrections could be made when obvious errors were made:

Hovind got so ticked off by how he had his rear end handed to him in the above video that he challenged Aron to a debate. Aron was more than happy to accommodate him.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Omg Aron Ra!!!! Oh the nostalgia! I used to love the YouTube Athiest/Scientist/Skeptic community back in the day. Thundy, how to pwn a YEC, armoured Skeptic etc.
I think I learnt more Biology from them than my actual Biology class.
Now it's mostly politics and e-drama. :(

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Omg Aron Ra!!!! Oh the nostalgia! I used to love the YouTube Athiest/Scientist/Skeptic community back in the day. Thundy, how to pwn a YEC, armoured Skeptic etc.
I think I learnt more Biology from them than my actual Biology class.
Now it's mostly politics and e-drama. :(
Yea. Aron can get a little out of control in the drama dept. but I got to say I learned a lot from him myself. He's one hell of a good teacher.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yea. Aron can get a little out of control in the drama dept. but I got to say I learned a lot from him myself. He's one hell of a good teacher.
Right!?
Thunderfoot taught me a lot of biology back before he went all "damn the Feminazis"
Such a simpler time.

Twilight Hue

Right!?
Thunderfoot taught me a lot of biology back before he went all "damn the Feminazis"
Such a simpler time.
I still think Thunderfoot is a pretty level and intelligent dude. I agree, I do miss his old style of doing things though.

Something always seems to happen whenever people get a moderate degree of success. Something gets lost in the transition.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right!?
Such a simpler time.
He has been off that kick for a while. Lately he has been refuting some devices that promise far more than they can deliver. I think he realized that the rather extreme feminists were their own worst enemy.

Twilight Hue

The hilarious (or sad) thing is, right off at the start of the debate, Hovind couldn't even associate and/or comprehend that an elephant and a tree are classified as being both eukaryotes. Slick move on Alan Ra's part.

Hovind's personal ignorance and horrendous lack of education pierced through the dark like an 18 million candlepower spotlight the instant Hovind vemenitly disputed that, and just blabbed on about whatever crossed his mind rather than simply agreeing with Aron Ra.

It confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hovind doesn't even have the simplest concept in regards to what cell structure is. Much less debate the complexities of evolution in depth.

You could almost see Aron's expression (almost of delight) to the fact that he just right then and there, immediately established the fact to everyone watching the debate that Hovind doesn't have an inkling of being remotely educated in science, much less the thought of him teaching " high school science" class in high school for 16 years (perish the thought) and claiming himself as a professional. I genuinely feel sorry for the kids in his class.

No wonder academics don't debate Hovind. Outside of the obvious entertainment value, it's actually a complete and pointless waste of time if per chance anyone wants to see a serious discussion commenced.

Still, I'm glad Aron Ra did that , and hope we see more things like this in the future if for anything, putting these people out to pasture as it were, and educating people at just how ridiculous and nonsensical creationism actually is.

tas8831

I think he realized that the rather extreme feminists were their own worst enemy.
And I hope that such are not emblematic of all feminists, just as creationists are not emblematic of all Christians. Crapping on SJWs only gets you so far, and it is sad that so many once-thought-provoking youtubers have slunk down to the lowest common denominator (ginning up the basement dwellers and incels) for ad bucks.
Potholer is still good (though inactive)!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And I hope that such are not emblematic of all feminists, just as creationists are not emblematic of all Christians. Crapping on SJWs only gets you so far, and it is sad that so many once-thought-provoking youtubers have slunk down to the lowest common denominator (ginning up the basement dwellers and incels) for ad bucks.
Potholer is still good (though inactive)!
Potholer is nowhere near as active as he used to be but he still knocks out a few videos a year. And I think that Tunderf00t took a good look at who was opposing the extreme feminists and did not like where that would lead him. Not all feminists, in fact they would be the minority, are the sort of feminists that makes a person shake his or her head in disbelief. They harm the movements quest for equality.

Potholer has made about 10 videos in the last year. And in fact you made me look up his channel, which I am subscribed to. He just released a new one today:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
He has been off that kick for a while. Lately he has been refuting some devices that promise far more than they can deliver. I think he realized that the rather extreme feminists were their own worst enemy.
Oh thank the all mighty Cthulu monster above. Still I will always prefer his vs Creationist videos.