• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arms sale approved for Taiwan. Good news.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Can we have some good news for Americans, please? Being the world's biggest arms dealer isn't doing **** for the average American. Do you own stock in weapons manufacturers or something?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can we have some good news for Americans, please? Being the world's biggest arms dealer isn't doing **** for the average American. Do you own stock in weapons manufacturers or something?
Have you considered that we might think
Taiwan should be able to defend itself
against being conquered by China?
It's similar to Ukraine's self defense, ie,
justice plus discouraging violent conquest.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Have you considered that we might think
Taiwan should be able to defend itself
against being conquered by China?
It's similar to Ukraine's self defense, ie,
justice plus discouraging violent conquest.
I think the US government needs to stop meddling in world affairs and focus on issues at home. Taiwan and Ukraine have nothing to do with issues facing Americans and these sell-out politicians care more about Ukrainians than the people who voted for them! After all, our foreign policy has crap all to do with "justice"! What a laugh! We're the biggest conquerors on the planet. We've destroyed several countries, murdered their heads of state, occupied them, etc. all in the last 20 years. Russia and China don't hold a candle to us there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think the US government needs to stop meddling in world affairs and focus on issues at home. Taiwan and Ukraine have nothing to do with issues facing Americans and these sell-out politicians care more about Ukrainians than the people who voted for them!
It is arguably useful to support countries threatened
& attacked by rapacious regimes. If not now, then
we risk a larger enemy emboldened by tacit approval.
There's no guarantee that this is the best course.
But it's a reasonable foreign policy to address
very real risks.
After all, our foreign policy has crap all to do with "justice"! What a laugh! We're the biggest conquerors on the planet. We've destroyed several countries, murdered their heads of state, occupied them, etc. all in the last 20 years. Russia and China don't hold a candle to us there.
Belief that USA is terrible is no justification for
allowing Russia & China to conquer whomever
they please. Let those with sin throw stones
too...if the cause is just.
It's nice that for the moment, USA is supporting
better causes than so many in the past. BTW,
I'm no longer in weapon design, so I've nothing
financial to gain by supporting these countries.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Freedom = good.
Tyranny = bad.
Then the US government should stop spreading tyranny and propping up tyrants. I'm not dumb enough to buy into ridiculous warmongering propaganda, especially from the government. They lie their ***** off all the time. It's all about $$$$ and probably more nefarious things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I suppose it would be un-American to think for yourself and not live in fear of the countries that your government tells you to fear.
I don't fear for myself, but for those whose lands, lives, and freedoms are under threat.
It's preferable to displaying a sociopathic indifference toward injustice and suffering.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It is arguably useful to support countries threatened & attacked
by rapacious regimes. If not now, then we risk a larger enemy
emboldened by tacit approval.
There's no guarantee that this is the best course. But it's
a reasonable foreign policy to address very real risks.

Belief that USA is terrible is no justification for allowing
Russia & China to conquer whomever they please.
Let those with sin throw stones too...if the cause is just.

It's nice that for the moment, USA is supporting better
causes than so many in the past.
Then someone should've supported Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya against us. We brought those countries to ruins and over a million people all together died because of it. Seriously, this is just nonsense. If you think I believe for a second the "Russia and China = evil invaders, America = force for freedom and democracy" bs, you don't know me and need to peddle it elsewhere. You want to go to war against China and Russia, go join a merc group and have fun getting yourself killed. I'm not interested, and don't want my money used for such garbage.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't fear for myself, but for those whose lands, lives, and freedoms are under threat.
It's preferable to displaying a sociopathic indifference toward injustice and suffering.
Man, stop drinking the Team America Kool aid. You can't possibly sincerely believe that the US government cares about the suffering of others. :rolleyes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Then someone should've supported Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya against us. We brought those countries to ruins and over a million people all together died because of it. Seriously, this is just nonsense. If you think I believe for a second the "Russia and China = evil invaders, America = force for freedom and democracy" bs, you don't know me and need to peddle it elsewhere. You want to go to war against China and Russia, go join a merc group and have fun getting yourself killed. I'm not interested, and don't want my money used for such garbage.

Nobody wants to go to war against Russia or China, only help innocent people defend their land against aggression.
Would you accuse someone of "picking a fight" for giving a woman pepper spray to fend off rapists?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Of course it should, but in what way is helping the people of Ukraine and Taiwan defend their sovereignty an example of this?
The Ukraine is a corrupt dump run by an actor playing the role of a dictator. We helped overthrow their elected government in 2014 and are using them as pawns in a proxy war. If we want to help those people, we need to stop using them as cannon fodder. Honestly, Russia hasn't even really invaded them. They could if they wanted to, but they're mostly fighting in the east, where the disputed territories are. There's nothing happening in Kiev, where the actor plays the role of fearless "wartime" leader in olive green, while doing photo ops with celebs and politicians in broad daylight. The Taiwan thing is probably similar saber rattling. I don't see how anyone can take what the government and MSM say seriously at this point. It's blatant propaganda.