• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armed Trump supporters hold protest outside FBI Phoenix offices Saturday

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Armed Trump supporters hold protest outside FBI Phoenix offices Saturday (azfamily.com)

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - Holding various flags and guns, supporters of former President Donald Trump gathered outside the FBI’s Phoenix offices on Saturday to protest what they call an “illegal” raid of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida earlier this week.

This week brought an “unprecedented” number of threats against FBI personnel and property, law enforcement sources tell CNN. In the days following the search, violent threats against the bureau began surfacing online, with posters writing, “Garland needs to be assassinated” -- referencing Attorney General Merrick Garland, who “personally approved” the decision to seek a warrant -- and “kill all feds.” Additionally, the biography and contact information of the federal magistrate judge who signed the search warrant was wiped from a Florida court’s website after he too became the target of violent threats.

In a separate incident Thursday, a man who was believed to be armed with an AR-15 rifle and a nail gun tried to breach the FBI’s Cincinnati field office. He was killed hours later after a standoff with authorities. Although the suspect’s motive has not yet been identified, he had been known to the FBI because he had an unspecified connection to the January 6, 2021, riot at the US Capitol and because he had associates within a far-right extremist group, two law enforcement sources told CNN on Friday.

Court papers show that the FBI recovered documents labeled “top secret” from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. The papers released Friday indicate the seized records include some marked top secret and “sensitive compartmented information,” a special category meant to protect the nation’s most important secrets, and those that, if revealed publicly, could cause “exceptionally grave” harm to U.S. interests. The court records did not provide specific details about what information the documents might contain. Trump backed the warrant’s “immediate” release but contended the government could have had them any time by asking.

Armed Trump supporters protest outside of FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago probe (fox10phoenix.com)

PHOENIX - Signs reading "Honor your oath" and "Abolish FBI" were seen outside the FBI office in Phoenix on Aug. 13, just days after news broke that the agency searched former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in Florida.

Several of those who were there were armed with guns.

I guess it's not too surprising. We'll probably see more of these kinds of protests. I think armed protests are a bit shaky, ostensibly intending to intimidate and scare people, not reach any kind of amicable or mutual understanding. Seems that some people are just spoiling for a fight.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Armed Trump supporters hold protest outside FBI Phoenix offices Saturday (azfamily.com)

Armed Trump supporters protest outside of FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago probe (fox10phoenix.com)

I guess it's not too surprising. We'll probably see more of these kinds of protests. I think armed protests are a bit shaky, ostensibly intending to intimidate and scare people, not reach any kind of amicable or mutual understanding. Seems that some people are just spoiling for a fight.
Or simply "spoiling" for attention.

Meanwhie....
Man crashes burning vehicle into US Capitol barricade, begins firing gun, shoots himself...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

As ever, the solution is more guns.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As ever, the solution is more guns.
Especially with government.
Ya never know when a kitty might threaten officer safety.
303896bbb4ab8d9f67f5994119101b25.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member

From the look of it this was just a few nutters who got bored and left after a couple of hours.

I notice however that the article you linked ends with a little burst of Trumpie disinformation. Whether or not the documents were "declassified" - and it is far from clear that that is true - seems to be irrelevant to the terms of the warrant. The notion that "the Biden administration" is in "damage control mode" is also false. This was an FBI law enforcement operation.

I suppose that's just Fox being Fox.:rolleyes: At least it's a step up from that photoshopped image they showed on TV, of the warrant judge's face superimposed on Epstein's body, to make it look as if Ghislaine Maxwell was giving the judge a foot massage. (I presume the purpose of that was to create a false equivalence with the occasions that Trump was seen socially with Epstein and Maxwell.;))

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
From the look of it this was just a few nutters who got bored and left after a couple of hours.

I notice however that the article you linked ends with a little burst of Trumpie disinformation. Whether or not the documents were "declassified" - and it is far from clear that that is true - seems to be irrelevant to the terms of the warrant. The notion that "the Biden administration" is in "damage control mode" is also false. This was an FBI law enforcement operation.

I suppose that's just Fox being Fox.:rolleyes: At least it's a step up from that photoshopped image they showed on TV, of the warrant judge's face superimposed on Epstein's body, to make it look as if Ghislaine Maxwell was giving the judge a foot massage. (I presume the purpose of that was to create a false equivalence with the occasions that Trump was seen socially with Epstein and Maxwell.;))
Quite correct, it matters not a whit whether the documents were declassified (even if only in pectore) by Trump -- they were government property and as such were required to remain in the hands of the government -- which Trump was no longer a part of.

As to his saying, "they could have just asked for the documents," the fact is, they did -- first in a meeting (at which Trump lawyers actually signed that there were no more such documents at Mar-a-Lago), then by subpoena, which did no good at all, and then finally by search and seizure warrant.

Oh, and things like declassification actually has procedures around it, as you would expect of all things government -- what do they do better than red tape? For Trump to suggest that, "if I take something, then it is deemed to be declassified" is pure nonsense.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have to wonder what will happen if as I hope will happen Trump is charged with a crime or three. At least there's a prima facie case that he violated the Presidential Records act.

Shaul

Premium Member
How did they determine those with arms were Trump supporters and not false flag Trump haters?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Omg I saw that. How is that allowed on a syndicated news network?
Like I swear anyone tried that stuff here and they’d be sued for libel or something.
Well maybe Sky News might try it, but still

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What I genuinely don’t understand (and maybe it’s because I’m not an American) is well a couple of things really.
Why this crop of folks being told to and repeating fears of “if they can come after the President they can come after me!!”
Like firstly, you were never safe from legal scrutiny to begin with. Not sure why folks felt safe from FBI raids?? And secondly, I thought that was the point of the rule of law? That even the former President was beholden to it? Wouldn’t it be a good thing he was raided? Because it shows that even those in high places are to be held accountable?

And two (and this probably speaks to our voting habits. Vote for the party not necessarily the leader.)
Why one would even get so invested in a politician as to protest on their behalf?
Like I’ve voted for political leaders that I’ve genuinely liked before (not particularly often, but it’s happened once or twice.)
But if their house is raided or whatever, I could care less. Even as a naive 18 year old who still believed in government change and all that stuff. As far as I’m concerned that’s their problem lol

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh, and things like declassification actually has procedures around it, as you would expect of all things government -- what do they do better than red tape? For Trump to suggest that, "if I take something, then it is deemed to be declassified" is pure nonsense.
It certainly echoes a famous quote from another disgraced former president:

"If the president does it, it's not illegal."