• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

armageddon?? pick a #

literal visionary

Okay okay, this thread will probably pertain to people who do have a religion,

Everybody Knows that the bible states that the end of the earth will come about someday, along with just about every other religion. Many people believe that all the things(bad weather, wars) happening in the world today is a sign that doom is upon us. Do you think so? If so please state why, If you want state prophecy, if you know of any as proof.

Every body knows horrible things have always happened in the world, but i thuink the entire human race is sensing some kind of change in the air and the laws of nature state that things over time are going to get worse (delapidate)- and things just tend to explode quite suddenly here on earth. Do you think the earth is at it time or do you think we as a human race have more abuse to give out to ourselves and our planet?

Ragnorak, all natural human relationships will fall apart, balh blah,
The bible, we're going to murder eachother

youve heard it all before, if it is going to happen, when do you think it is going to happen?

And if it does happen how and who will you think is goining to be to blame....
All you liberals out there will be able to compare bush to hitler and say hes the antichrist if you want.....

Oh and is any body in a cu/group where your tgroup leader says the worlds going to come to an end? What does he or she say about it?

ashai

literal visionary said:
Okay okay, this thread will probably pertain to people who do have a religion,

Everybody Knows that the bible states that the end of the earth will come about someday, along with just about every other religion. Many people believe that all the things(bad weather, wars) happening in the world today is a sign that doom is upon us. Do you think so? If so please state why, If you want state prophecy, if you know of any as proof.

Every body knows horrible things have always happened in the world, but i thuink the entire human race is sensing some kind of change in the air and the laws of nature state that things over time are going to get worse (delapidate)- and things just tend to explode quite suddenly here on earth. Do you think the earth is at it time or do you think we as a human race have more abuse to give out to ourselves and our planet?

Ragnorak, all natural human relationships will fall apart, balh blah,
The bible, we're going to murder eachother

youve heard it all before, if it is going to happen, when do you think it is going to happen?

And if it does happen how and who will you think is goining to be to blame....
All you liberals out there will be able to compare bush to hitler and say hes the antichrist if you want.....

Oh and is any body in a cu/group where your tgroup leader says the worlds going to come to an end? What does he or she say about it?

Ushta Literal

Man will only destroy itself if he chooses to.:) The rest earthquakes famines meteors what have you have alway existed since the planet was formed. Jesus is becoming for 2100 years, The Mahdi for 1300 plus Mahayana for god knows how long the 3 Saoshyants for at leat 2500 years! Shah Behram for 1300 plus. Jesus said this generation will see these signs:eek:

Its an industry of fear to make a few bucks by scaring people:bonk:

Ushta Te
Ashai

Bishka

Veteran Member
literal visionary said:

We'd prefer it on this site if you don't refer to people's faith, beliefs and organizations as cults.

may

this planet will never be destoyed , but the bible tells us that those who are ruining the earth will be destroyed...revelation 11 ;18 this happened at another time in history(Genesis 6:11) And the earth came to be ruined in the sight of the [true] God and the earth became filled with violence............. and only a few were saved .....why?..... because they listened to God and followed instructions to be saved...... the same is happening right now some will get through the great tribulation
After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb. revelation 7;9-10
These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Jehovah and Jesus h ave great saving power

Ori

Angel slayer
Well you never know when the world might be destroyed, I suppose it could be anytime considering the kind of weapons we have.

Nehustan

From the Muslim perspective, the fight between the Mahdi and the Dajal, culminating in the arrival of Jeheshuah and his killing of the Dajjal may well be considered to be a little way over the horizon. This however is not the end of the world, merely the point at which Jeheshuah will establish a 'NWO' based on egalitarian principles with him bringing the people of the book to Monotheism, as he will reiterate his message correcting the inaccuracies of his message as recorded, and thus synthesising what are called the 'religions of Abraham' in a way that would be recognisable to the inheritors of the 'Friend' of Allah.

The end of the world(s) will come a good period later when Allah (read the infinite and Absolute that sustains, preceeds and will exceed the universe), and its exactly described as 'when the heavens fold' with the word heaven in this context meaning 'space'. It is after this that Allah will 'recreate' and man will be resurrected to a new life.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
There have always been prophecies about the end of the earth. The gospelers write that even Jesus urged us to "repent, for the Kingdom is near." And, they report that he told his disciples that they would not die before the parousia.

I'm not being a skeptic, saying that something awful isn't going to happen -- it probably will -- the earth's history is full of huge, cataclysmic events. But it's interesting that this is and has been a common theme in the memory of humanity.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
According to the Bible, Armageddon is only the end battle.

The Bible states that this earth will perish. How that's going to go down precisely, I don't know. I thought I read that the earth will be destroyed in fire.

A

angellous_evangellous

beckysoup61 said:
We'd prefer it on this site if you don't refer to people's faith, beliefs and organizations as cults.

Cult simply means worship.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
dawny0826 said:

The Bible states that this earth will perish. How that's going to go down precisely, I don't know. I thought I read that the earth will be destroyed in fire.

Armageddon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Armageddon (disambiguation).
Armageddon refers generally to end times or giant catastrophes in various religions and cultures. It may also refer to any great loss of life in battle or use of weapons of mass destruction. The word armageddon is derived from Mount Megiddo (Har Megido הר מגידו in Hebrew) , the site of the Battle of Megiddo and other battles. Some would argue the word is an early example of a mondegreen.
The only mention of the word "Armageddon" in the Bible was in Revelation 16:16: "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon" (KJV). The bible includes many passages that refer to the concept of Armageddon, however. But this specific bible prophecy reference is ambiguous as to whether any event actually takes place here or whether the gathering of armies is only to be seen as a sign. In fact, a gathering of the Roman army occurred at this place as a staging ground for one of their assaults on Jerusalem in AD 67. This is consistent with the preterist interpretation that the events of Revelation 16:17-21 refer to events culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. However, one indication that the book predicts a future event is the mention of an army from the east of two hundred million, a number that would not have been likely in any battle of that period.:eek:

Adstar

literal visionary said:

Well wars and earthquakes have always happened but they are only a few of the signs given inn the Bible for the second coming of the Messiah Jesus. And by the way the battle of Armageddon is Not the end of the earth. It is the end of the earth as it is organised now.

Signs:

The return of The Jews to Isreal and the founding of the state of Isreal.

The worlds population reaching the numbers needed to field the Army of the beast (200 million) on the plains of Megiddo in northern Israel.

The large rise in the frequency of earthquakes of +5 magnitude recently.

The almost constant wars that have been happening in recent history.

The signs that the worlds polar magnetism is weakening and a rapid shift of the position of magnetic north location over recent times. This is leading to strong speculation that a magnetic polar shift might soon occur.

Revealtion 16
8 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.

The coming of The meteor Apophis due to arrive on Friday the 13th (what a lucky day) 2029. 2000 years after the death and resurrection of the Messiah Jesus. Note Apophis is names after the Egyptian god Apophis: The destroyer Patron of evil and darkness. (What a name to give a meteor lol do you think the scientist that named it was trying to get out a secret warning :biglaugh: )

Revelation 8
8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The re-forming of the Roman empire through the coming together of the European Union. The spread of this powers influence towards the east Euro membership expansion and to the south EuroMed agreement. The EU's central role in peace and security treaty in isreal.

Daniel 8
9And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land.

(Isreal is in a south easterly direction from Europe.)

The Peace and Security agreement it'self.

1 Thessalonians 5
2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

The rise of Hamas (say good bye to peace and security)

The rise of koran adhering islam and the associated rise in terror and Jihad warfare to establish islam as the sole religion of the world.

Matthew 24
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

The technological level of advancement to allow a cashless society to function.

Revelation 13
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The technological advancement allowing for a subdermal self powered chip to facilitate not only a cashless society but one where everyone is trackable at all times.

The technological advancement that allows population control and surveillance measures that Hitlar and old Joh Starlin would have fantasized about.

The rise of the World religious unity movement. Ecumenicalism.

The rise of the New Age movement and associated "God is a force not a being" groups.

The run away Global warming disaster. The prospects of reduced rain fall in the main agricultural centres of the world.
Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth

Revelation 6
5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius,and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”

The narrowing of the food varieties of the mass consumed staples (wheat, rice) increasing the chance of massive starvation due to vulnerability to genetically engineered Bio weapons. super blights.

Matthew 24
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

The super resistant diseases and infections that modern drugs can no longer control.

The rise in the killing efficiency of modern weapons to the stage where nations can be vaporized within one hour time frame.

Revelation 18
9 “The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, 10 standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’

There are more but i am stuffed at the moment so this will have to do.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

may

dawny0826 said:

the litral heavens and earth will not be destroyed .
But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. 2 peter 3;13
(Isaiah 65:17) "For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.​

(Revelation 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.
For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water............. 1 peter 3;5-6 just as the litral earth was not destroyed in noahs day, the earth will not be destroyed when God gets rid of the wicked............7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men......... this mention of fire is refering to Jehovahs firery judgements which will sort the wicked out. notice the verse says the destruction of the ungodly , so it is not refering to a litral fire . many times in the bible( the heavens ) are refering to rulership , and the earth is refering to ( the earthly society of people) so yes there will be new rulership and a new society of people but the earth will stand for ever
The term "earth" is used in more than one sense in the Scriptures.
(earth )also may be used in a figurative sense, referring, for example, to people living on this planet or to a human society that has certain characteristics
Ps. 37:29: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it
For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. Isaiah 45;18 yes Gods purpose to get the earth back to paradise conditions will happen ,the earth , as the planet ,will never be destroyed

may

Orichalcum said:
Well you never know when the world might be destroyed, I suppose it could be anytime considering the kind of weapons we have.
yes if it was left to humans we would eventually destroy this earth , and envent more and more horrible weapons, that is why God is going to step into the affairs of humans very soon, and his people will learn war no more, infact all true christians would not be learning war even now
And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore isaiah 2;4
(Micah 4:3) And he will certainly render judgment among many peoples, and set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. They will not lift up sword, nation against nation, neither will they learn war anymore
(Matthew 5:44) However, I say to you : Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU;​

(Matthew 26:52) Then Jesus said to him: "Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword
(Isaiah 11:9) They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea

Nehustan

dawny0826 said:

Just a moot point Dawny...how will the meek inherit the earth...(after all the Evangelicals ascend in rapture to the new heaven (read position in space) and upon a new earth (read planet)...hehe...like Jehehsuah would choose them for a trip across the Galaxy...)...if there is no longer an earth?????

Consider the rapture, Global warming, George W, and Kyoto, the rapturers should be reminded...no new heaven and earth for you if you skuttle this one.....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Has anyone here read Mircea Eliade on the notion of a Golden Age in religions, ideologies, and mythologies? Just curious.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
michel said:
Armageddon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Armageddon (disambiguation).
Armageddon refers generally to end times or giant catastrophes in various religions and cultures. It may also refer to any great loss of life in battle or use of weapons of mass destruction. The word armageddon is derived from Mount Megiddo (Har Megido הר מגידו in Hebrew) , the site of the Battle of Megiddo and other battles. Some would argue the word is an early example of a mondegreen.
The only mention of the word "Armageddon" in the Bible was in Revelation 16:16: "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon" (KJV). The bible includes many passages that refer to the concept of Armageddon, however. But this specific bible prophecy reference is ambiguous as to whether any event actually takes place here or whether the gathering of armies is only to be seen as a sign. In fact, a gathering of the Roman army occurred at this place as a staging ground for one of their assaults on Jerusalem in AD 67. This is consistent with the preterist interpretation that the events of Revelation 16:17-21 refer to events culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. However, one indication that the book predicts a future event is the mention of an army from the east of two hundred million, a number that would not have been likely in any battle of that period.:eek:

There are MANY interpretations. I don't KNOW what will happen. And I'm not worried about it because HE does.

Ori

Angel slayer
Sunstone said:
Has anyone here read Mircea Eliade on the notion of a Golden Age in religions, ideologies, and mythologies? Just curious.

Nope, is it any good?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
may said:
the litral heavens and earth will not be destroyed .
But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. 2 peter 3;13
(Isaiah 65:17) "For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.​

(Revelation 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.
For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water............. 1 peter 3;5-6 just as the litral earth was not destroyed in noahs day, the earth will not be destroyed when God gets rid of the wicked............7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men......... this mention of fire is refering to Jehovahs firery judgements which will sort the wicked out. notice the verse says the destruction of the ungodly , so it is not refering to a litral fire . many times in the bible( the heavens ) are refering to rulership , and the earth is refering to ( the earthly society of people) so yes there will be new rulership and a new society of people but the earth will stand for ever
The term "earth" is used in more than one sense in the Scriptures.
(earth )also may be used in a figurative sense, referring, for example, to people living on this planet or to a human society that has certain characteristics
Ps. 37:29: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it
For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. Isaiah 45;18 yes Gods purpose to get the earth back to paradise conditions will happen ,the earth , as the planet ,will never be destroyed

Difference in interpretations. I certainly don't claim to understand it all.