• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

firedragon

Veteran Member
"noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
the act of conspiring.
an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result." - Definition of conspiracy | Dictionary.com

Emphasis mine.

Of course mate. SO you are accusing that someone has a "SECRET" plan to make the next generation stupid by teaching creationism in school. Or did someone publicly make a statement like "WE ARE PUBLICLY PLANNING TO MAKE THE NEXT GENERATION STUPID"?

Sometimes mate, people have a habit of arguing for the sake of arguing.

No more mate. Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
"Cognitive dissonance" seems to be a phrase many people throw around without knowing what it is.

Is that you you were talking about?

Correspondence bias is a 'COGNITIVE DISSONANCE'. Maybe brother you are today happy to jump to insult someone to boost your adrenaline or something so you are too quick to do that.

Have a little more character. Have a good day if you can. Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Quite the opposite. You said it was a conspiracy. I said it isn't because it's open and for all to see.

Lol.

A conspiracy is a secret plan, but things are done openly with a secret agenda behind what they do openly. Thats exactly what you claimed this was. A secret plan to make the children stupid pretending to be a good thing. Thats a conspiracy.

I think this is bordering lunacy. Never expected this.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Science is wrong about so much (evolution, age of earth, climate change, vaccines, covid measures, etc.) and distorted by so many hoaxes and agendas that schools might as well drop it altogether.
Did the Bible invent the technology that enables you and me to communicate?
What about holidays, did the Bible invent the car, plane, train.
Did the Bible find the vaccine for COVID

Sorry, you are overestimating the fable and underestimating science; yes, it gets things wrong occasionally but it does at least correct those mistakes.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I read the quoted law.
Calling it "child abuse" is mischievous.
They just want to teach what they believe,
but the OP doesn't believe. It's wrong for
a different reason from abuse.

Is teaching children any religion also child abuse?
They're all loopy & unscientific after all.

You are right in this. I don't see how this is child abuse. It is only child abuse if it is taught through methods of indoctrination (which could be said about the education system as a whole, but that is another topic).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am even against the intelligent design taught in public schools...since as this author explains it is incompatible with Evolution.

Facts right here... I've had to spend countless hours educating myself after getting out of religious school, and my knowledge is still lacking. At least it's engendered in me a passion for learning!
None of the evolution and science teaching helped me with life, only tried to convince me that there was no God. Then when I was in trouble, none of those teachers or people had any ability or answers to help me out. So at 28 years old I did call out to God in my desperation and He was there to help, had the ability and did it as well as many other things since then. Best of all He gave me eternal life. There is no scientific proof of the theory of evolution, it’s foolishness. But God showed up and that’s real. The whole Bible is true and you’ll see on that Day when you meet Him face to face. Or if you’re fortunate enough to hit bottom and call out to God see for yourself He is true.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
None of the evolution and science teaching helped me with life, only tried to convince me that there was no God. Then when I was in trouble, none of those teachers or people had any ability or answers to help me out. So at 28 years old I did call out to God in my desperation and He was there to help, had the ability and did it as well as many other things since then. Best of all He gave me eternal life. There is no scientific proof of the theory of evolution, it’s foolishness. But God showed up and that’s real. The whole Bible is true and you’ll see on that Day when you meet Him face to face. Or if you’re fortunate enough to hit bottom and call out to God see for yourself He is true.

We all have our own unique struggles in life, and we've all had to face them in our own ways. I'm glad you were able to conquer yours with the help of your god in a positive way.

I was able to conquer mine too in my own way. :)

As for your thoughts on evolution, why do you assume that evolution being real or science in general would try to convince you that god isn't real? You know those things can be true, while god can still be true too, right? Many scientists out there are old earth creationists.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
When I was in school I learned evolution, creationism, creation (not the same thing) and even something about life coming from other planets. All of those were presented as theories and the teachers left it up to us to make up our minds when we got older and had a better understanding of all that.
Didn't hurt me a bit, on the contrary, it was good to know.
Creation theory is as scientifically supported as the theory that children are brought by storks. I wonder what parents would think if the biology teacher asks children to make up their mind between embryology and storks. I would remove my kid from school asap.

Scientific knowledge is not something that is left to opinions.

Ciao

- viole

We all have our own unique struggles in life, and we've all had to face them in our own ways. I'm glad you were able to conquer yours with the help of your god in a positive way.

I was able to conquer mine too in my own way. :)

As for your thoughts on evolution, why do you assume that evolution being real or science in general would try to convince you that god isn't real? You know those things can be true, while god can still be true too, right? Many scientists out there are old earth creationists.
That was my take on the original post and what they were communicating. I’m like the blind man who got healed and the Pharisees grilling him on how it happened. I don’t know, all I know is I was blind but now I see. I’m not a scientist but was a drug addict and alcoholic who ruined and wasted my life. I’m not smart but have trusted God and lived by His Word. He has enabled me to provide for my family of 14 children. I don’t regret any of my life after I was born again, not so the first 28 years. I know for a fact the whole Bible is a truthful accurate account. I have my proof, other people will have to get theirs. But to listen to the original post, am compelled to say something.[/QUOTE]

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ask any kid and most will say having to get up early and to go to school is child abuse lol
"Child abuse" is so broadly used that every child is a victim now.
Too much religion....too much school...too little religious instruction...
....too little school....too little free time....too much pressure...
...too little encouragement....someone brought a PBJ sammich
to school....ad nauseum.

Did the Bible invent the technology that enables you and me to communicate?
What about holidays, did the Bible invent the car, plane, train.
Did the Bible find the vaccine for COVID

Sorry, you are overestimating the fable and underestimating science; yes, it gets things wrong occasionally but it does at least correct those mistakes.
God created man in His Image and gave him the ability and resources to do all these things.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then what do we call it when it impedes a child's progress and right to chose for themselves? Where do they begin as a legal entity and the parent's personal wants end?
Thoughts...
Kids don't get to choose public school curricula for themselves.
Schools must obey the law (including the Constitution).
If kids receive bad info in their education, it's "mis-education".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You've got it. And some add physical abuse to the mental abuse.
I see great difference between physical abuse of a child,
& teaching it creationism as science. The former poses
great danger. The latter is unlikely to have any effect on
the child's life, but it's also easily corrected.