• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

Where? Where are the supposed eyewitnesses? There are none that I know of in the Bible.

By the way, in a court of law eyewitness testimony is the weakest evidence allowed. Forensic evidence tops eyewitness evidence. Why are you celebrating evidence just barely above hearsay? And that is all that the Bible has. It does not have any eyewitness accounts.
“For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:3-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
“For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:3-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I see that you did not understand that verse.

Paul is claiming that Peter saw Jesus. But there is no eyewitness testimony. He claims that the twelve disciples saw him. But that was not eyewitness testimony. Both those claims appear to be hearsay only. Then he claims there that he saw Jesus. But you need to read the rest of his writings. Paul makes it clear that he never saw Jesus in the flesh. He only saw Jesus in "visons". There is another word for "visions" it is "hallucinations".

So once again, where are the eyewitnesses of Jesus? I don't count hallucinations as being an eyewitness. Do you need me to supply the verses where Paul saw Jesus? They were all visions. You are still without any actual eyewitness testimony. You have only hearsay and a the testimony of a delusional man.

Paul is claiming that Peter saw Jesus. But there is no eyewitness testimony. He claims that the twelve disciples saw him. But that was not eyewitness testimony. Both those claims appear to be hearsay only. Then he claims there that he saw Jesus. But you need to read the rest of his writings. Paul makes it clear that he never saw Jesus in the flesh. He only saw Jesus in "visons". There is another word for "visions" it is "hallucinations".

So once again, where are the eyewitnesses of Jesus? I don't count hallucinations as being an eyewitness. Do you need me to supply the verses where Paul saw Jesus? They were all visions. You are still without any actual eyewitness testimony. You have only hearsay and a the testimony of a delusional man.
Nice try brother, you failed on that one. Such a dishonest comment. Shows you don’t understand the Scrictures.

Last edited:

Can you read All the Apostles, plus 500. Why were they waiting in Jerusalem at Pentecost? Because Jesus told them to and when the promise of the Holy Spirit was given things changed and they turned the world upside down. Now you can
accept the truthful witness of these men and women or not. But to continue to deny eyewitness accounts is dishonest and shows you really don’t want a serious conversation only an adversarial one and why it’s a waste of time talking to you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nice try brother, you failed on that one. Such a dishonest comment. Shows you don’t understand the Scrictures.
Nope. You failed. Where was I wrong?

Find one point that I was wrong on and substantiate that claim. But as I have told you so many times. You cannot understand your own Bible as well as I do because of your fear.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can you read All the Apostles, plus 500. Why were they waiting in Jerusalem at Pentecost? Because Jesus told them to and when the promise of the Holy Spirit was given things changed and they turned the world upside down. Now you can
accept the truthful witness of these men and women or not. But to continue to deny eyewitness accounts is dishonest and shows you really don’t want a serious conversation only an adversarial one and why it’s a waste of time talking to you.

You really do not know where they were at Pentecost. You keep forgetting that the Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence.

Let me repeat this to you, the story says that they were waiting there. By the way, why doesn't the first Gospel written mention Pentecost?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What is that bruv? Not sure why anyone would say this.
Because it is rather obvious. Your passage had no actual eyewitnesses. You could not refute my corrections. Paul told you what he believed about the disciples. He never claims that they told him this personally. Paul never saw Jesus. Read his writings. He only saw visions long after Jesus died on the cross.

Mark does not mention Pentecost at all. Only the author of Luke Acts mentions it. And he was not an eyewitness either.
Why don’t the Gospels mention Pentecost and they were in Jerusalem.
“And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:1-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Because it is rather obvious. Your passage had no actual eyewitnesses. You could not refute my corrections. Paul told you what he believed about the disciples. He never claims that they told him this personally. Paul never saw Jesus. Read his writings. He only saw visions long after Jesus died on the cross.
How can you deny this as an eyewitness? A hallucination wouldn’t change someone’s course or empower them to heal people with demonstrations of God’s power working through them like Paul’s ministry.
“As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.” So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:3-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why don’t the Gospels mention Pentecost and they were in Jerusalem.
“And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:1-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
So again, no eyewitnesses. Just hearsay.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can you deny this as an eyewitness? A hallucination wouldn’t change someone’s course or empower them to heal people with demonstrations of God’s power working through them like Paul’s ministry.
“As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.” So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:3-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
This is why you should study the history of the area. The "Road to Damascus" story is full of holes.

Tell me, why was Paul going to Damascus?

This is why you should study the history of the area. The "Road to Damascus" story is full of holes.

Tell me, why was Paul going to Damascus?
Whether you say there are holes doesn’t bother me, you said you know the Bible and the apostles weren’t waiting in Jerusalem on Pentecost when they were. Jesus told them to after He rose from the dead and walked with them for 40 Days. I’m really have no reason to continue with you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That’s why we are done, when eyewitness testimony is shown you still deny the obvious.
You do not seem to know what eyewitness testimony is.

Once again, Paul only had visions. And that was long after Jesus was dead, And either in a common grave or still up on the cross. He does not qualify as an eyewitness. Trust me, if you go to court and claim to be an eyewitness to a murder because you saw a vision of it they would laugh you out of there.

Where are the eyewitness accounts?

You do not seem to know what eyewitness testimony is.

Once again, Paul only had visions. And that was long after Jesus was dead, And either in a common grave or still up on the cross. He does not qualify as an eyewitness. Trust me, if you go to court and claim to be an eyewitness to a murder because you saw a vision of it they would laugh you out of there.

Where are the eyewitness accounts?
Read the Bible, full of eyewitnesses

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Whether you say there are holes doesn’t bother me, you said you know the Bible and the apostles weren’t waiting in Jerusalem on Pentecost when they were. Jesus told them to after He rose from the dead and walked with them for 40 Days. I’m really have no reason to continue with you.
I have serious doubts that they were waiting. Again that is only a claim. There is no good reason to believe it and some good reasons to deny it.

You keep forgetting that you need to qualify your statements. You do not know if Jesus told them that. Remember this mantra: The Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence. The disciples had probably scattered after the crucifixion. Seeing your leader nailed to a tree can have that effect on people.