• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

Do you know that 25-50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriages? In most of these cases, the woman is not even aware that she is pregnant. Is this God's way of limiting the global population?
Never thought of it that way, probably not seen as God said be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth. Childbearing is a blessing from the Lord. Miscarriage and abortion are result of sin, not God’s plan but consequences of our rebellion and bringing sin into the world Adam and Eve.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Never thought of it that way, probably not seen as God said be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth. Childbearing is a blessing from the Lord. Miscarriage and abortion are result of sin, not God’s plan but consequences of our rebellion and bringing sin into the world Adam and Eve.
LOL! I thought that they were due to the Tooth Fairy.

Seriously, referring to a known myth does not help when you try to explain something.

Do you realize that some of the stories in the Bible are just stories. The parables for example. Why do you insist that the myths of Genesis are true when they are so easily shown to be false. It is sad that you cannot see that there is no real difference between a Flat Earth Christian and a Christian that believes the myths of Genesis.

Seriously, referring to a known myth does not help when you try to explain something.

Do you realize that some of the stories in the Bible are just stories. The parables for example. Why do you insist that the myths of Genesis are true when they are so easily shown to be false. It is sad that you cannot see that there is no real difference between a Flat Earth Christian and a Christian that believes the myths of Genesis.
Trolling again I see

In conclusion, the claim that Jesus is a copy of mythological gods originated with authors whose works have been discounted by academia, contain logical fallacies, and cannot compare to the New Testament Gospels, which have withstood nearly 2,000 years of intense scrutiny. The alleged parallels between Jesus and other gods disappear when the original myths are examined. The Jesus-is-a-myth theory relies on selective descriptions, redefined words, and false assumptions.

Jesus Christ is unique in history, with His voice rising above all false gods’ as He asks the question that ultimately determines a person’s eternal destiny: “Who do you say I am?” (Matthew 16:15).

Not my own but from another fellow believer. Not about the story of Genesis but Jesus Christ the King of Kings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In conclusion, the claim that Jesus is a copy of mythological gods originated with authors whose works have been discounted by academia, contain logical fallacies, and cannot compare to the New Testament Gospels, which have withstood nearly 2,000 years of intense scrutiny. The alleged parallels between Jesus and other gods disappear when the original myths are examined. The Jesus-is-a-myth theory relies on selective descriptions, redefined words, and false assumptions.

Jesus Christ is unique in history, with His voice rising above all false gods’ as He asks the question that ultimately determines a person’s eternal destiny: “Who do you say I am?” (Matthew 16:15).

Not my own but from another fellow believer. Not about the story of Genesis but Jesus Christ the King of Kings.
Nope, it has not. Where did you get that crazy idea from? And what supposed "logical fallacies"? I doubt if you know how to apply those correctly

The problem is that the New Testament has not been under scrutiny until recently. There have certainly not be 2,000 years of scrutiny. You need to study history a bit. You would see that the Bible was just accepted without any rational thought.

And lastly the parallels are still there. The "logical fallacies" arise when difference are found. No one said that Jesus was a direct copy of other myths. That is the strawman argument of believers. What is claimed is that the Jesus myth borrowed parts of other myths. That is common with myths. They frequently borrow parts from each other.

But we were not even discussing the Jesus myth. You moved the goalposts. Another logical fallacy.

Now do you want to learn at why at least some of your beliefs have been shown to be wrong?

Nope, it has not. Where did you get that crazy idea from? And what supposed "logical fallacies"? I doubt if you know how to apply those correctly

The problem is that the New Testament has not been under scrutiny until recently. There have certainly not be 2,000 years of scrutiny. You need to study history a bit. You would see that the Bible was just accepted without any rational thought.

And lastly the parallels are still there. The "logical fallacies" arise when difference are found. No one said that Jesus was a direct copy of other myths. That is the strawman argument of believers. What is claimed is that the Jesus myth borrowed parts of other myths. That is common with myths. They frequently borrow parts from each other.

But we were not even discussing the Jesus myth. You moved the goalposts. Another logical fallacy.

Now do you want to learn at why at least some of your beliefs have been shown to be wrong?
Stories aren’t even close, extrapolations, false equivalencies. My goal posts don’t change yours do

Nope. If I was wrong you could show that I was wrong. I can show you how you are wrong, but I doubt if you are willing to learn. All you have are empty claims. A sure sign of a false belief.
What kind of evidence are you looking for exactly? Name the term. What kind of proof? Do you realize science can’t prove evolution or biogenesis? You said you had “endless” and all I’ve seen and heard is trolling and hot air.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Stories aren’t even close, extrapolations, false equivalencies. My goal posts don’t change yours do
LOL!! Once again, no one claimed that they were copes. Why is that so hard to understand? The Jesus myth borrows elements from others stories. You are simply confirming your errors at this point.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What kind of evidence are you looking for exactly? Name the term. What kind of proof? Do you realize science can’t prove evolution or biogenesis? You said you had “endless” and all I’ve seen and heard is trolling and hot air.

Sorry, but you do not even understand the concept of evidence or of "proof".

Here is a fact that you cannot show to be wrong and I can show to be correct: There is endless scientific evidence, the most reliable form of evidence, for the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence for creationism. By the legal standard of "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt" evolution has been "proven". Scientists do not like the word "proof" because there is such a thing as a mathematical proof. But that type of proof applies only to mathematics.

First off you need to quit lying. I have not trolled. I have not just supplied hot air. When I try to get a serious discussion going you run away. Do you want a discussion or do you prefer to break the Ninth Commandment?

Sorry, but you do not even understand the concept of evidence or of "proof".

Here is a fact that you cannot show to be wrong and I can show to be correct: There is endless scientific evidence, the most reliable form of evidence, for the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence for creationism. By the legal standard of "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt" evolution has been "proven". Scientists do not like the word "proof" because there is such a thing as a mathematical proof. But that type of proof applies only to mathematics.

First off you need to quit lying. I have not trolled. I have not just supplied hot air. When I try to get a serious discussion going you run away. Do you want a discussion or do you prefer to break the Ninth Commandment?
Now you’re saying you’ve been serious, tooth fairy comments etc aren’t serious but trolling

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now you’re saying you’ve been serious, tooth fairy comments etc aren’t serious but trolling
Incorrect. Your beliefs are on par with a belief in the Tooth Fairy. You try to force your God to be a cheap magician. As I have pointed out before, you do not realize it but you keep claiming that your God is a liar.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And thank-you because the Resurrection of Jesus Christ has the eyewitness proof beyond a reasonable doubt if presented in a court of law.

Where? Where are the supposed eyewitnesses? There are none that I know of in the Bible.

By the way, in a court of law eyewitness testimony is the weakest evidence allowed. Forensic evidence tops eyewitness evidence. Why are you celebrating evidence just barely above hearsay? And that is all that the Bible has. It does not have any eyewitness accounts.