• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

<sigh>

Just relax. Try to reason for once.

If Jesus always was God then human pain would be nothing. The story is that Jesus was "fully man".. You cannot be both at the same time. Part of being a man is having at least a rational fear of death.
This is faulty reasoning on your part, your comment is false. When Jesus was on the Earth he was flesh and also had the Spirit of God without limit. He still had to trust the Father in Heaven while He was here on Earth for the 33 years.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The reason your thinking is faulty is all written in the Scriptures. Study up a little
Nope. It does not work that way. You need to defend your faulty interpretation logically. You could not find a a flaw in the logic I used.

Claiming it goes against your personal interpretation of the Bible is not good enough.

Nope. It does not work that way. You need to defend your faulty interpretation logically. You could not find a a flaw in the logic I used.

Claiming it goes against your personal interpretation of the Bible is not good enough.
Your going against God not my interpretation.
God created everything including natural and spiritual laws. He just isn’t bound by them like you and I. You’re trying to use human reasoning that has been corrupted because of sin to understand a Holy God and that’s where you are in error. He creates from nothing, works in the spiritual and physical realm and the supernatural. Science and your reasoning cannot comprehend this and you trip over it every time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your going against God not my interpretation.
God created everything including natural and spiritual laws. He just isn’t bound by them like you and I. You’re trying to use human reasoning that has been corrupted because of sin to understand a Holy God and that’s where you are in error. He creates from nothing, works in the spiritual and physical realm and the supernatural. Science and your reasoning cannot comprehend this and you trip over it every time.
Nope. Claiming that God is illogical does not work either.

Why do you keep insulting your own god?

Nope. Claiming that God is illogical does not work either.

Why do you keep insulting your own god?
How did you get illogical out of that? That’s why we can’t have a conversation because you can’t even understand me, do you even read what I said? Obviously not or you wouldn’t have said your last comment.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How did you get illogical out of that? That’s why we can’t have a conversation because you can’t even understand me, do you even read what I said? Obviously not or you wouldn’t have said your last comment.
No, I understand you. I understand why your reasoning is flawed and why you have no answer. Don't accuse others of illogic.

If Jesus was God and knew everything his sacrifice was a sham. It is not that hard to understand. That is why most Christians believe that he was"fully human ".

You contradict yourself with your beliefs. When you do so you refute your own version of god.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Subduction Zone
Later on brother, have a good one. Done with our conversation now.
Think about it for a while.

If you put your money in a bank with a guaranteed rate of return is your money that you no longer have at risk? Are you surprised when you get it back? If Jesus was God he would have known that there was as no risk for him and no real pain. His coming back would have been more,secure than your money in the bank. This is why you are claiming that his sacrifice was a sham.

Think about it for a while.

If you put your money in a bank with a guaranteed rate of return is your money that you no longer have at risk? Are you surprised when you get it back? If Jesus was God he would have known that there was as no risk for him and no real pain. His coming back would have been more,secure than your money in the bank. This is why you are claiming that his sacrifice was a sham.
That’s your opinion and view, I don’t see it like that, my experience with God and the Scriptures describe something totally different. But have a good one

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That’s your opinion and view, I don’t see it like that, my experience with God and the Scriptures describe something totally different. But have a good one
But you refuse to properly test your beliefs so all you have is confirmation bias. Your version of God is quite different from that of many other Christians. How do you properly test your ideas? You do not want to rely on reason. Do you seriously think emotion leads to the truth?

But you refuse to properly test your beliefs so all you have is confirmation bias. Your version of God is quite different from that of many other Christians. How do you properly test your ideas? You do not want to rely on reason. Do you seriously think emotion leads to the truth?
Brother you’re so deceived, I lived my first 27 years of my life however I wanted with no restraint, then ended up in drug and alcohol rehab. I had nowhere else to turn but God, He showed up and delivered me, I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and God filled me with the Holy Spirit. I know I have Eternal Life, I know God is real and Jesus rose from the dead. I’ve been walking with God for 30+ years now and He’s done everything He promised so far. I know this is fact, I’ve lived with God and without. I’m not going back.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Brother you’re so deceived, I lived my first 27 years of my life however I wanted with no restraint, then ended up in drug and alcohol rehab. I had nowhere else to turn but God, He showed up and delivered me, I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and God filled me with the Holy Spirit. I know I have Eternal Life, I know God is real and Jesus rose from the dead. I’ve been walking with God for 30+ years now and He’s done everything He promised so far. I know this is fact, I’ve lived with God and without. I’m not going back.
You are conflating a crutch with a cure. You may have switched to a better addiction, but you still appear to be dependent. Your fear of drugs is well founded. That is probably why you refuse to reason when it comes to your faith. But you keep refuting your own belief with your various claims here.

As the saying goes "None are so blind as those that will not see".

How would you properly test your beliefs?

Service
You are conflating a crutch with a cure. You may have switched to a better addiction, but you still appear to be dependent. Your fear of drugs is well founded. That is probably why you refuse to reason when it comes to your faith. But you keep refuting your own belief with your various claims here.

One thing I agree with is switching from one addiction to another, I am completely dependent on God now and trust nothing and no one else, this is what it means to be a believer in Christ. Anyone not placing their trust in God and trusting something else whether it’s themselves, drugs, or anything other than Jesus Christ is trusting an idol and called idolatry.

“You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, But he who trusts in the LORD will be prospered. He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭28:25-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Simply put, if one believes in Trump they cannot believe in Christ unless they suffer from cognitive dissonance, and in a previous post I listed many of the things that Trump has said and done to establish this point. It's sorta like if I said "I'm a good NAZI and also believe in Jesus", and actually millions living in Germany made such claims, including some clergy. Now we see much the same with many in Trump's base.

Simply put, if one believes in Trump they cannot believe in Christ unless they suffer from cognitive dissonance, and in a previous post I listed many of the things that Trump has said and done to establish this point. It's sorta like if I said "I'm a good NAZI and also believe in Jesus", and actually millions living in Germany made such claims, including some clergy. Now we see much the same with many in Trump's base.
That’s also a ridiculous statement and shows the problem with our society. Voting for a person who you believe would best fulfill the job of the President as outlined in the Constitution isn’t the same thing as trusting Jesus for your Salvation. If that’s the case a Christian wouldn’t be able to vote at all.

a previous post I listed many of the things that Trump has said and done to establish this point
Only thing you established is you bought into the false narrative of the liberal media, believes their half truths, slander and false commentary about Trump and are participating in character assassination of someone. Media depiction of Trump is perverted and you not only eat it up but spread the lies.