• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

That test does not really work. You see one could test and "confirm" Islam, Hindu, just about any religion with that method. It really does not tell you anything. A proper test has a legitimate chance for failure. With your test the failure is often blamed on the person that did the testing instead of the source.

Can you think of a proper test for your beliefs? One that would not support the beliefs of others if they ran a similar test.
Plant an apple seed and see if an apple tree grows.

ecco

Veteran Member
I see things a lot different than you, I’m limited in that I don’t have all the information or desire to judge God or make assumptions like you do. Of course those are difficult to understand but they are there. If you believe the people were innocent that received the punishment then you’re wrong about that. Even says right there here are those who caused the trespass. I’m going to trust God’s judgement on that, yes.

It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the rape of young girls because their fathers did something wrong.
It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the murder of young boys because their fathers did something wrong.
It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the horrific slaughter of young children, young mothers, and pregnant women and their fetuses by drowning and mudslides because mankind didn't turn out the way your omniscient, omnipotent god wanted.

You will have the opportunity to confront God yourself, get some things straightened out.

No, neither you nor I will ever see your non-existent god. However, I can find comfort in the fact that I find raping and killing of children to be horrific. You cannot honestly say the same. All you do is look for excuses and say "There must have been a reason". That the same kind of thinking that led to many Christians owning and beating slaves. That the same kind of thinking that led to many Christians raping their slaves.

ecco

Veteran Member
No that’s not what I’m saying about testimonies and fraudsters, I’ve seen plenty of fakes, also seen and experienced the legitimate. All aren’t frauds although in the last days the Bible says that because people reject the truth they will believe the lie.

Perhaps "The Lie" is what religious leaders of all different forms of religion have been foisting on the gullible for at least as long as there have been written records.

If you believe that Allah and Shiva and Shango are real gods - OK. If not, then you know that the leaders of those religions lied to the people.

Yet you believe that your religious leaders have not lied to you. How quaint.

ecco

Veteran Member
Another thing is God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. So knowing and receiving the blessings, promises and inheritance from Him dispels any notion He is evil, wrong or has any of that.It’s Satan that steals, kills, destroys and is the father of lies.

They say ignorance is bliss.

Is that why you keep ignoring the words in your holy scripture?

Your God ordered every male among the little ones killed.
Your God ordered every woman killed.
-Except-
All the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him (the young virgin girls). These young girls your God ordered to be distributed to the victorious soldiers to be done with was they pleased. In other words, raped and enslaved.
Your God ordered these things. Not Satan - Your God!

ecco

Veteran Member
Another thing is God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Is it your belief and understanding that Christ is part God and therefore eternal?

If so, Christ did not die.

Christ spent some thirty years among humans. A mere blink of an eye. Was that the great sacrifice, having to be a mortal for an infinitesimally short period of time?

His "death" was merely a transition out of his earthly body.

Think.

It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the rape of young girls because their fathers did something wrong.
It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the murder of young boys because their fathers did something wrong.
It's really amazing and sad how people can rationalize the horrific slaughter of young children, young mothers, and pregnant women and their fetuses by drowning and mudslides because mankind didn't turn out the way your omniscient, omnipotent god wanted.

No, neither you nor I will ever see your non-existent god. However, I can find comfort in the fact that I find raping and killing of children to be horrific. You cannot honestly say the same. All you do is look for excuses and say "There must have been a reason". That the same kind of thinking that led to many Christians owning and beating slaves. That the same kind of thinking that led to many Christians raping their slaves.
You ok brother? You aren’t sounding like it. Any sexual immoral behavior is a sin, so if someone practices a sin like that and claims to be a Christian, they are lying. Not sure, but your understanding of the Bible and how a believer lives and thinks is totally perverted.

tas8831

When I was in school I learned evolution, creationism, creation (not the same thing) and even something about life coming from other planets. All of those were presented as theories and the teachers left it up to us to make up our minds when we got older and had a better understanding of all that.
Didn't hurt me a bit, on the contrary, it was good to know.
Where did you go to school?
What age-range did you learn about these things?

tas8831

I'm relatively sure it will be challenged to the Supreme Court, where Kitzmiller v. Dover conclusions will be in full effect: Creationism isn't scientific, doesn't meet the criteria of a scientific theory, and doesn't belong in a science class at all.
Not so confident with the right-wing agenda-driven pro-religion majority on SCotUS....

tas8831

Believing in creationism is highly unlikely to interfere with
anyone's life.
In and of itself, sure.

Although this site does not seem to have one, many of these larger Christians sites hosting multiple forums will have a 'Conspiracy Theory' or an 'Alternative Science' forum or something similar. In my experience, the majority of people arguing FOR conspiracy theory garbage or 'alt-sci' nonsense are the same folks spewing anti-evolution nonsense.
Being taught to disbelieve anything that does not comport with your religious indoctrination (and let's be honest, that what a child gets from creationism) opens one up to merely rejecting that which does not comport with their other beliefs - political, social, etc. , and demanding that those beliefs be respected.
It is one of many underlying causes of the division we see in the country today - the proliferation of nonsense, fake science, conspiracy crap, and religious mumbo jumbo - with all of the proponents of such nonsense (and there is a LOT of overlap among them - creationists/anti-vaxxers-alt-med kooks- flat earthers/etc.) demanding a seat at the table, which they do not deserve.

In and of itself, sure.

Although this site does not seem to have one, many of these larger Christians sites hosting multiple forums will have a 'Conspiracy Theory' or an 'Alternative Science' forum or something similar. In my experience, the majority of people arguing FOR conspiracy theory garbage or 'alt-sci' nonsense are the same folks spewing anti-evolution nonsense.
Being taught to disbelieve anything that does not comport with your religious indoctrination (and let's be honest, that what a child gets from creationism) opens one up to merely rejecting that which does not comport with their other beliefs - political, social, etc. , and demanding that those beliefs be respected.
It is one of many underlying causes of the division we see in the country today - the proliferation of nonsense, fake science, conspiracy crap, and religious mumbo jumbo - with all of the proponents of such nonsense (and there is a LOT of overlap among them - creationists/anti-vaxxers-alt-med kooks- flat earthers/etc.) demanding a seat at the table, which they do not deserve.
Who is this babbler on here?

Can't see the relevance. Explain.
You were babbling about alt science, conspiracy theories, anti vaxxers, etc.
Not being able to determine sex of a person is pretty bad, you can’t tell now?
We are so smart now we need more education to prevent pregnancy, people have no idea apparently because we kill thousands of “fetuses” and we can’t even call them babies anymore because we are so depraved. And the answer: wait for it... if you are against abortion then you are responsible to take care of me and my child. Anti vaxxers? That’s funny seen as if it was a good thing and everyone needed it, it wouldn’t be a big deal, unfortunately it’s not safe, it doesn’t make you immune. If I already had Covid and my body built up an immunity then I don’t need it or want it. Do you even know the stats? Just ignorant talk on your part. Only thing I agree with is the “flat earth” people are out there, don’t know about those people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You were babbling about alt science, conspiracy theories, anti vaxxers, etc.
Not being able to determine sex of a person is pretty bad, you can’t tell now?
We are so smart now we need more education to prevent pregnancy, people have no idea apparently because we kill thousands of “fetuses” and we can’t even call them babies anymore because we are so depraved. And the answer: wait for it... if you are against abortion then you are responsible to take care of me and my child. Anti vaxxers? That’s funny seen as if it was a good thing and everyone needed it, it wouldn’t be a big deal, unfortunately it’s not safe, it doesn’t make you immune. If I already had Covid and my body built up an immunity then I don’t need it or want it. Do you even know the stats? Just ignorant talk on your part. Only thing I agree with is the “flat earth” people are out there, don’t know about those people.
:confused:o_O

Perhaps you should stick to one rant at a time.