• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arguing Against Atheism is most reasonable

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Arguing Against Atheism is most reasonable, yet Atheism people are to be loved and respected. Right? Please
Regards

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Arguing Against Atheism is most reasonable, yet Atheism people are to be loved and respected. Right? Please
Regards
It is reasonable.
Unfortunately religious people don't have very good arguments. I know because I have heard far too many to count. The arguments always come down to submission to human authority and I don't believe humans when they make implausible claims with weak evidence.
Tom

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Regards

Well we all ought to be loved and respected :) (even if some of our opinions are odd.)

But as an atheist I would say that the theist is arguing for the atheist to believe an extraordinary thing (god), without evidence. That's a hard argument for the theist to make.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am not interested in what you people are saying. I will be interested in Paarsurrey's answer. He must be having something very funny on his sleeve. :D

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Reasonable? Eh, seems a tad pushy. Like let people believe or not believe whatever they wish.

HonestJoe

Regards
These seem to be two entirely separate statements.

Arguing against atheism in general does seem silly. You can make a positive argument in favour of a particular theistic belief but just arguing against atheism (especially when correctly defined) doesn’t seem possible.

In general, everyone should be loved and respected. Whether they’re atheist or not and whether atheism can be argued against are both entirely irrelevant to that point.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If the Atheism people say "Arguing Against Atheism is Silly" for instance post #1 from friend Nakosis then it also should be OK to say
"Arguing Against Atheism is most reasonable " . Right? Please
Regards

It's OK to express your opinion. It's important to have the freedom to express your opinion especially where a majority of folks disagree with you. Your statements can be examined and criticized. What makes it an interesting discussion is whether or not you can support your opinion.

My original post was a little tongue-in-cheek, but still I learned a lot from other people's views about it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It's OK to express your opinion. It's important to have the freedom to express your opinion especially where a majority of folks disagree with you. Your statements can be examined and criticized. What makes it an interesting discussion is whether or not you can support your opinion.

My original post was a little tongue-in-cheek, but still I learned a lot from other people's views about it.
One could not support one's expression that Atheism is reasonable. Please
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Regards
I respect your acknowledgement that people are entitled to a modicum of empathy regardless of specific ideologies or beliefs.

It is a shame that you see fit to frame it in such a way. You sincerely believe that atheism is something worth discouraging.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
One could not support one's expression that Atheism is reasonable. Please
Regards

Takes practice. These forums are a good place to work on that.
Maybe a good idea for a topic. "Is Atheism/Theism Reasonable". I'd imagine it'd be easier to support one's own position than argue against someone else's.

Though a topic like, "It's silly to argue Against Theism" I'd expect to get a lot of attention.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Takes practice. These forums are a good place to work on that.
Maybe a good idea for a topic. "Is Atheism/Theism Reasonable". I'd imagine it'd be easier to support one's own position than argue against someone else's.

Though a topic like, "It's silly to argue Against Theism" I'd expect to get a lot of attention.
So one used the disrespectful word of "silly", just to cater attention of the readers. Right? Please
Regrards