• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Argan oil

dantech

I absolutely love it. Have you tried it?

My favorite salad is just sliced tomatoes, argan oil, salt, pepper, chopped garlic. You can add fetta cheese(if you do, don't add the salt). Great with toast or crackers.

My favorite morning eggs are cooked sunny side up, in argan oil, with paprika,a tiny bit of cumin, salt and pepper.

Being of Moroccan origin, I've seen argan oil in many dishes. Have you? I'm very anxious to try something new!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I absolutely love it. Have you tried it?

My favorite salad is just sliced tomatoes, argan oil, salt, pepper, chopped garlic. You can add fetta cheese(if you do, don't add the salt). Great with toast or crackers.

My favorite morning eggs are cooked sunny side up, in argan oil, with paprika,a tiny bit of cumin, salt and pepper.

Being of Moroccan origin, I've seen argan oil in many dishes. Have you? I'm very anxious to try something new!
Peace be on you.

"
Culinary uses[edit]
Culinary argan oil (argan food oil) is used for dipping bread, on couscous, salads and similar uses. Amlou, a thick brown paste with a consistency similar to peanut butter, is produced by grinding roasted almond and argan oil using stones, mixed with honey and is used locally as a bread dip.

Various claims about the beneficial effects on health due to the consumption of argan oil have been made. Researchers have concluded that daily consumption of argan oil is 'highly likely' to be one factor helping the prevention of various cancers, cardiovascular diseases and obesity.[8]

The results of a nutritional intervention study, in which volunteers were given either argan oil or animal fats (butter) in their diet, were published in 2005. The results showed that regular dietary intake of argan oil led to reduced levels of harmful cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, compared to a diet with regular intake of animal fats.[9]'
Source: Argan oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for telling.

:truck:---:truck: ...Use till supply lasts.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I mentioned Moroccan Argan Oil several times in posts, I use it in my hair daily and LOVE it! I have a thick set of hair at 59 years old, because I limit shampoo and use Argan oil daily. Smells great, too.

dantech

I mentioned Moroccan Argan Oil several times in posts, I use it in my hair daily and LOVE it! I have a thick set of hair at 59 years old, because I limit shampoo and use Argan oil daily. Smells great, too.
Have you used it in food?

dantech

Peace be on you.

"
Culinary uses[edit]
Culinary argan oil (argan food oil) is used for dipping bread, on couscous, salads and similar uses. Amlou, a thick brown paste with a consistency similar to peanut butter, is produced by grinding roasted almond and argan oil using stones, mixed with honey and is used locally as a bread dip.

Various claims about the beneficial effects on health due to the consumption of argan oil have been made. Researchers have concluded that daily consumption of argan oil is 'highly likely' to be one factor helping the prevention of various cancers, cardiovascular diseases and obesity.[8]

The results of a nutritional intervention study, in which volunteers were given either argan oil or animal fats (butter) in their diet, were published in 2005. The results showed that regular dietary intake of argan oil led to reduced levels of harmful cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, compared to a diet with regular intake of animal fats.[9]'
Source: Argan oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for telling.

:truck:---:truck: ...Use till supply lasts.
You taught me something.

Have you ever used it in food?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Well hello Dan Tech! Well no I never have used it for food. I didn't even know there was an edible product for sale until I read this post. Where would you buy the edible version?

As I said I use REAL (a bit expensive) Moroc product Argan Oil in my hair. I even keep a vile in my car to spruss up. But this is sold for the hair.

dantech

Well hello Dan Tech! Well no I never have used it for food. I didn't even know there was an edible product for sale until I read this post. Where would you buy the edible version?

As I said I use REAL (a bit expensive) Moroc product Argan Oil in my hair. I even keep a vile in my car to spruss up. But this is sold for the hair.
You use the one branded Moroccan Oil? The company's owner is from Montreal. I made their website.

You can find it in most Arabic grocery stores.
Amazon.com: argan cooking oil

This here is my favorite brand. DOREMI PHARMACY | Rakuten: [Aicha] Extra Virgin Argan Oil (250ml)
I know the price seems expensive, and it is, but know that it is very fragrant and when you use it on food, you only put a few drops at a time.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Thanks Dan, looks like a great product. I tried to order it, but it would not let me change the Country in the Shipping Information from Singapore to any other country. I live in the US, so ... I couldn't change it from Singapore to USA.

Do you live in Singapore? If not, how did you get past this problem from this online Singapore based web-market?

Thanks! I can check eBay later for this same Brand.

dantech

Thanks Dan, looks like a great product. I tried to order it, but it would not let me change the Country in the Shipping Information from Singapore to any other country. I live in the US, so ... I couldn't change it from Singapore to USA.

Do you live in Singapore? If not, how did you get past this problem from this online Singapore based web-market?

Thanks! I can check eBay later for this same Brand.
I don't live in Singapore. I live in Montreal. Here we have it in a local shop. I just wanted to show you the brand that I use. Maybe you could find it elsewhere.