• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aren’t you excited to die!?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Well? No? You are not excited to die? Me neither. DEATH ANXIETY to the max my dude.

I'm not excited about dying, but I'm not afraid of dying. Like @George-ananda, I believe there's an expansion of consciousness that occurs at death, and I'm looking forward to it. I've had many interactions with the spirit realm over the years, so I'm not afraid of it.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well? No? You are not excited to die? Me neither. DEATH ANXIETY to the max my dude.
But isn’t death so exciting, particularly for us here on religious forums? We are all here because of some interest in god or the spirit world or religion and the such. Death is the climax in all of our lives, is it not? Religion and belief in god is particularly interested in death. Specifically, what happens to our consciousness when we die.
Well, 100 billion humans have already found out what happens after death. I take comfort in that fact. Me, being alive with a few billion other people, I am very much in the minority.
If the atheists are right, well it’ll sure be boring. Just like sleep. Just like before we were born. If this life is truly it, I gotta stop smoking tobacco! I should do that regardless.
Some suppose God Himself will meet us face to face! How exciting! Even if we happened to be damned, at least you know for certain God is real. Isn’t that something that some of us strive for? I know I want to know if God is real for sure.
What if we are like spirits after we die? That’d be cool, I think. Be a ghost and stuff. Interact with the world mayhaps.
If reincarnation is real, what a journey it will be! Spooky if we happen to descend during our journey, but ya know we’d be conscious(?) during our journey.
If the atheist are right, and we all just turn off when we die, well we won’t be conscious of the answer that there is no god or soul, but that will still be an answer. The most peaceful sleep that will last for eternity. TERRIFYING :eek::oops::eek::eek: (for me at least) but I won’t be conscious to be terrified. I’ll be peacefully dead.
Anywho, are you excited to die? You might meet god himself! You might get all the answers to all the questions you ever pondered.
No, I'm not, but then I'm not an excitable being. Quite dull in fact. My birthday doesn't excite me so the expectation of further, ongoing dissipation of the matter/energy that constiitutes "me" with its attendant loss of conscious awareness isn't exactly giving me a buzz.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well? No? You are not excited to die? Me neither
I am curious what happens after life...well I thought about that, after I came very close to dying...went through this "tunnel of light" and met God briefly, but then God explained things to me and "put me back on earth". For like 30 minutes I think, I went back and forth out of my body, also because it was really nice "up there".

But remembering God gave me some advice, I decided finally to stay on earth "till the next time". Anyway, I now know how to go there, if trouble on earth becomes unbearable again...I did tell God that day "you better take care of my pain, otherwise I will be back before you know"...and that worked miracles, since I got "angry" and "serious" to God about my situation (pain), He took the pain out, since that moment it was gone. So, that made the decision to keep on "living" a lot easier AND more fun

Clara Tea

But isn’t death so exciting, particularly for us here on religious forums? We are all here because of some interest in god or the spirit world or religion and the such. Death is the climax in all of our lives, is it not? Religion and belief in god is particularly interested in death. Specifically, what happens to our consciousness when we die.
Well, 100 billion humans have already found out what happens after death. I take comfort in that fact. Me, being alive with a few billion other people, I am very much in the minority.
If the atheists are right, well it’ll sure be boring. Just like sleep. Just like before we were born. If this life is truly it, I gotta stop smoking tobacco! I should do that regardless.
Some suppose God Himself will meet us face to face! How exciting! Even if we happened to be damned, at least you know for certain God is real. Isn’t that something that some of us strive for? I know I want to know if God is real for sure.
What if we are like spirits after we die? That’d be cool, I think. Be a ghost and stuff. Interact with the world mayhaps.
If reincarnation is real, what a journey it will be! Spooky if we happen to descend during our journey, but ya know we’d be conscious(?) during our journey.
If the atheist are right, and we all just turn off when we die, well we won’t be conscious of the answer that there is no god or soul, but that will still be an answer. The most peaceful sleep that will last for eternity. TERRIFYING :eek::oops::eek::eek: (for me at least) but I won’t be conscious to be terrified. I’ll be peacefully dead.
Anywho, are you excited to die? You might meet god himself! You might get all the answers to all the questions you ever pondered.

Excited to go to heaven? But how many tempt death (stand in a freeway, jump off of cliffs, get shot in the head by a friend)? They might suppose that God would save them from harm if he didn't want them harmed. But, I think that it doesn't work that way. Rather, God doesn't seem to answer prayers or help suffering cancer patients.

Even the Vatican/Pope seems to agree with me. After all, when covid was spreading, the Vatican cut off travel. They didn't have faith that God would protect them. Given their antics (child raping priests), they probably worry about meeting God.

Clara Tea

I'm not excited about dying, but I'm not afraid of dying. Like @George-ananda, I believe there's an expansion of consciousness that occurs at death, and I'm looking forward to it. I've had many interactions with the spirit realm over the years, so I'm not afraid of it.

I'm more afraid of living with pain and debilities. Blindness, loss of limbs, dementia, etc.

Clara Tea

Some people are dying to go to their graves (heaven). Others would rather die first. It depends on expectations.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I am excited to meet Jesus. I'm in no hurry to die however, but it'll happen soon enough. Life here is like an eyeblink.
I don't think there's anything to fear about death if you know Jesus.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want to leave some legacy and offering of good towards God. If I do that, and do my best and leave that good gift and legacy, I don't mind dying at that point if I can't increase good to humanity anymore.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, if my life becomes a pasture of Satan, I pray:

(1) God takes my life before his hate on me intensifies and before his wrath is such that I can't be forgiven.
(2) The Imam (a) of time kills me in the same way Khidr (a) killed the child to save his parents from grief but per hadiths also saved the child from hell.

Amen.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Specifically, what happens to our consciousness when we die.

From a Vedāntic perspective, you are consciousness that has always existed and will always exist. Thus, you are asking, What happens to me when I die? No, you don’t die, rather, the body-mind complex that you inhabit perishes.

Well, 100 billion humans have already found out what happens after death. I take comfort in that fact.

That’s a pretty good approach, actually.

If the atheists are right, well it’ll sure be boring.

Boring now or then? Maybe both? If boring especially then, well, it reminds me of the phrase ‘waking up dead.’ How does one wake up dead?

If this life is truly it, I gotta stop smoking tobacco! I should do that regardless.

Eliminating vices will certainly improve one’s financial well-being.

Some suppose God Himself will meet us face to face! How exciting! Even if we happened to be damned, at least you know for certain God is real.

I think that if one were everlastingly damned, one would certainly know God is real, yes, and one would also hate God like nothing else.

I get the feeling that ghosts feel very unfulfilled.

If reincarnation is real, what a journey it will be!

If you ever feel like an ‘old’ soul, it has already been quite a journey.

Anywho, are you excited to die?

Not excited, no. In my case, I want to feel peaceful and content about it. To do that, I need to become a genuine bhakta or devotee according to the Bhagavad Gītā.

Its cake! For there to be any left, you'd have to get there rather quickly.

I’m more than 10 hours ahead of you, so I get my hands on… no… I put the butterknife into the cake before you do.

I have all my worldly affairs in order, so I am comfortable dying even if it's before I click 'Post Reply' and none of you see this, LOL.

All of your worldly affairs in order, eh?

Do you have any sort of unnecessary insurance?