• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you woried about looking like a fool?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everyone of you!

Here is a little something I found on the web a while back but never really read much of it until yesterday ...

It's called "100 Happiness Hacks" by Meghashyam Chirravoori.

The first one that I looked at is as follows -

One of the coolest things you can ever do – something that might truly make you feel blissful is this – facing a social/psychological fear you have.

I know this sounds weird. Firstly – are you even afraid of anything? Secondly, even if you are – why should you face your fear?

The answer is yes – you are afraid of many things. I am not talking about physical fear here, like the fear of fighting a lion – but social fears like fear of embarrassment and the fear that others will think you are a fool.

Right now imagine going out of your home and dancing on the street. Really imagine it. What if you really did it? Well, also imagine people on the street looking at you and thinking you're mad or that you don't know how to dance or maybe dropping a coin near you. Does the thought not sound scary? And yet – what if you truly felt like dancing? Why should you not? Why should you stop yourself? Are you harming anyone? The truth is – you are afraid that others will think unfavorably of you or make fun of you. Simple. Yes, you are afraid.

Read the rest - it's free - at this site -

An Early 20-Something's Dabblings in Personal Growth

Try the "FREE e-books" menu

I must confess - haven't really been tempted to go dancing in the street just yet - I dance on the inside!

Thanks for watching!

:)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If I did, then I would definitely not post here. Like I told my kids growing up, if you find yourself naked in front of the world, give them a good show.