• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you what you complain about?

We Never Know

No Slack
I've took a posting break for a few days and just read posts.

It seems to me in my opinion there are a few here that are exactly like what they complain and accuse others of being.
And a few here that say people shouldn't get offended but yet they are they first to complain.
And others that say don't judge yet thats pretty much all they do.

Its like the preacher telling people they shouldn't do something but then he does it himself. Its hypocritical and pretty laughable.

I'm guilty sometimes of letting people push my buttons or pushing someone's buttons that I have caught in their bs.

The old saying goes....

IMG_20210922_214459.jpg

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It seems to me in my opinion there are a few here that are exactly like what they complain and accuse others of being.

Most of my own complaints are with GOP politics. Maybe the occasional nitpick of Biden, as well.

And a few here that say people shouldn't get offended but yet they are they first to complain.

I was never really much for saying "People shouldn't be offended", myself. Sounds more like a thing hardcore Trump supporters like to do, using the "freedom of speech" shield.

Depends on the context, though.

Sounds like I'm in the clear, as even I admit I judge.

We Never Know

No Slack
Most of my own complaints are with GOP politics. Maybe the occasional nitpick of Biden, as well.

I was never really much for saying "People shouldn't be offended", myself. Sounds more like a thing hardcore Trump supporters like to do, using the "freedom of speech" shield.

Depends on the context, though.

Sounds like I'm in the clear, as even I admit I judge.

Its interesting that your first two responses involved politics. I wasn't even thinking of politics when I wrote the post, just people and their actions in general.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Its interesting that your first two responses involved politics. I wasn't even thinking of politics when I wrote the post, just people and their actions in general.

The context matters because mostly all I complain about on this forum is GOP stuff in the world. Not much else I complain about.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The context matters because mostly all I complain about on this forum is GOP stuff in the world. Not much else I complain about.

It's hard to find other subjects to talk about too, though. Like I don't talk music much because I can never find the good songs. I haven't talked religion lately because I've been on an intentional cool-down period from my faith and religion. I wore out of talking about feminism. And talking trans issues is really difficult on this forum. So these past couple of weeks, I've made a few other threads, but I've probably talked politics the most, maybe.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Really? I would have never thought that of you. Here you seem easy to talk to, laid back and quite intelligent.

Thank you. :)

I think puppy pee is my number one consistent complaint, though. I have an occasional outburst, but until this dog is housebroken, that will be my most frequent gripe.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've took a posting break for a few days and just read posts.

Its like the preacher telling people they shouldn't do something but then he does it himself. Its hypocritical and pretty laughable.
That behavior is caused by Psychological projection.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

According to some research, the projection of one's unconscious qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.[2]
Psychological projection - Wikipedia

The more self-aware a person is the less they exhibit this behavior. I do not have many problems with people on here accusing me of things, only one person does this, but i stand up to him because I will not be defined by anyone, especially a stranger on a forum!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I think it cases like that, sometimes the person in question is treated rudely because they are rude(and others dish it back), but they may not be self aware enough to realize it.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's hard to find other subjects to talk about too, though. Like I don't talk music much because I can never find the good songs. I haven't talked religion lately because I've been on an intentional cool-down period from my faith and religion. I wore out of talking about feminism. And talking trans issues is really difficult on this forum. So these past couple of weeks, I've made a few other threads, but I've probably talked politics the most, maybe.

Arguing with someone over politics/their party is like arguing with them about their favorite color, its a waste if time. They see things as the see them and no matter how you see differently, it won't matter because they already have their mind set.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think it cases like that, sometimes the person in question is treated rudely because they are rude(and others dish it back), but they may not be self aware enough to realize it.
But sometimes they are not treated rudely at all, they are just critical of others for no good reason. I tend to think that they are projecting something they don't like about themselves onto others, people who trigger their issues, but they are not aware this is happening so they keep criticizing.

Someone on this forum tells me I am not self-aware among other things. Somehow this person thinks he knows everything about me, a complete stranger on a forum, but the funny thing is that nobody else sees what he sees in me, so that tells me what he believes he sees is coming from inside his own unconscious mind. I mean, if I was really x, y, and z, other people here would also see it and after four years on this forum someone would have told me. Even my counselors have told me I am very self-aware, so a stranger on a forum knows I am not?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Arguing with someone over politics/their party is like arguing with them about their favorite color, its a waste if time. They see things as the see them and no matter how you see differently, it won't matter because they already have their mind set.
Like abortion and the vaccine, why bother to bring it up? I have strong views but they will just be trampled upon for no good reason.

By the way, I now have a medical accommodation so I won't have to get vaccinated in order to keep by job. Tough tiddlywinks if people think I should get vaccinated, that's their problem.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I never said I believed arguing with them worked. But I see your point. However, I have good reason to gripe as when Trump was in office, it energized my Republican town to be more prone to break laws in the name of politics, etc. Things cooled down a few months after Biden got in. All this matters to me because politics often affects how trans people get treated in real life. So it matters to me as an issue. And my problem is more with the politicians than it is with members. But I guess things might have gotten confused because you talked about issues with posts or members in the OP. But I prefer to tackle things more as showing the politicians for what they are - then when Republicans choose to support them anyway, they'll just look bad to my own party as well as swing voters.