• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you singing a 'new song'?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
No, I disagree, Baha'u'llah had the right, no one else does, not you, not me, no any one else until at least another 850 years.
If we read Baha'u'llah's statements, he said that if there was a corruption of his message, then God would send someone to destroy it, and he included that the person would have the name of the city of God - which in my understanding is Zion according to the Bible.
84 How great the blessedness that awaiteth the king who will arise to aid My Cause in My kingdom, who will detach himself from all else but Me! Such a king is numbered with the companions of the Crimson Ark—the Ark which God hath prepared for the people of Bahá. All must glorify his name, must reverence his station, and aid him to unlock the cities with the keys of My Name, the omnipotent Protector of all that inhabit the visible and invisible kingdoms. Such a king is the very eye of mankind, the luminous ornament on the brow of creation, the fountainhead of blessings unto the whole world. Offer up, O people of Bahá, your substance, nay your very lives, for his assistance.
When we then understand there are multiple prophecies about 'Your Divine Being Zion' (Psalms 146:10, Psalms 147:12, Isaiah 52:7); we can see that Zion (ציון) becomes part of the New name of the Messiah.

According to what I understand of Baha'u'llah's statements, you're meant to be helping me fix where the world's religions became corrupted, so that we can create world peace, without the need of total destruction; choosing otherwise I'd state isn't very sensible.

You see you keep repeating this 1000 years prophecy; which I'd agree would make sense if the Baha'i message had been heard globally, and accepted - Yet instead it hasn't, and thus God sent someone to try to fix it; where Baha'u'llah has specified by name, like many of the other religious texts globally make allocation for.

In my understanding the terminology in Revelation of the Lamb, is a plural diminutive i.e the Flock; where in ancient Hebrew that was pronounced Zan (צאן), modern Hebrew is pronounced Tson - This is the same as the name of the Creator in many cultures.

Where Zeus was known as Zan, and the ancient Greek scholars, understood that was the same being as Jupiter, and Jove (YHVH).
The Cretans have a tomb of Jupiter, with this inscription. “Here lieth Zan, whom they call Jove.” - Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Vol. XIII
In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited:

Bree

To your first question, I would suggest that you are looking at a set of laws in an intellectual and societal vacuum and that's not how Judaism sees the same laws. Yes, they are vestiges of an earlier time, but it is the institution of slavery that no longer exists -- the laws which teach us about how to treat other people and the specifics which can be developed from those laws and applied to other situations do still apply. The complexity of "slavery" laws is because their reach goes beyond a singular situation. I would suggest reading this to help understand some of that.

As to your second question, the covenant is new because its form is new (directly to the hearts), the participants are "new" in that they have changed their natures to accept God properly and, to the mind of the new people, the content seems new. I often think of Timothy Busfield's character in Field of Dreams who cannot see the baseball players. But when a change occurs and he suddenly can, he asks "when did these ball players get here?" They had been there all along but he changed, so to his eyes, they "just got there."

The Torah is equivalent to the ball players. We are Timothy Busfield. We become new (as in Ezek 36:26-27 among other places) so the covenant with God is a new one.

A couple of side notes --

the first is that the Hebrew word "chadash" means new and also renewed. Each month we celebrate a "new moon" but is the moon really "new"? Or is it the same moon that is renewed and begins to grow again?

I also found this write up which addresses the textual song more literally.

In regard to your first point, the way i see it is that God had to give those laws back then because that is how the world was and how it was functioning. Slavery was normal in every nation. Now God comes into the picture and tells the newly freed Isrealites 'No More Slavery'? No. He tells them to treat their slaves better. Why not eliminate slavery back then? Quite simply because the world functioned that way...the nations around Israel functioned that way and it was quite acceptable and normal practice. '

However, today we dont accept slavery as ok. Today God has no need to instill laws that stipulate how to treat your slaves in a better way. Do you see what i mean about the laws of the Torah being specific to the people and time they were written in? Not all the laws are relevant for us today so why would God continue to try and convince us of them?

This is why the 'new covenant' has to be different to what he gave the Isrealites.

I agree with your second point. Some people will revert to a new mindset, they will open their hearts to receive all that God is and instructs.
But do you believe 'ALL' people will do so? I mean, the Pslams speak very clearly that the wicked will be removed and the righteous will live forever on earth. I think that shows that not all will turn to God and change their minds and hearts.

wizanda

Premium Member
that's not how Judaism sees the same laws.
As far as I understand the Messiah shall issue the New Laws (Isaiah 2:3), and remove the false leaders who've corrupted our religion about the Lord's teachings, into their own (Jeremiah 23:1-4, Ezekiel 34:2-10); which is why it is now called 'Rabbinic', as it is about their teachings.

I believe based on prophecy this isn't optional either; we either get the Rabbi talking to me online, else soon we will see Betelgeuse has gone supernova, as the Zionist (Gog) have war with Iran, and then after in the resurrected new world these things will be established - yet without a majority who didn't want to listen when given the opertunity.

wizanda

Premium Member
But do you believe 'ALL' people will do so? I mean, the Pslams speak very clearly that the wicked will be removed and the righteous will live forever on earth. I think that shows that not all will turn to God and change their minds and hearts.
Each religious group thinks they are the chosen ones to survive; the problem with this is that I believe we could show most don't keep to the Laws already set...

Where we can blatantly show the world is already following anti-Christ's doctrine, and most are not wise enough to get it.

Personally I'd rather educate people about the requirements, because all souls belong to God (Ezekiel 18:4); even the wicked, and God created reality for rehabilitation.

Since there are verses saying that the Gentiles will come to the Messiah for correction (Isaiah 2:3-4), and the Gentiles will seek the Jews, as they've heard the Messiah is with them (Zechariah 8:23); there is a clear reason to question that those under educated will also exist in that time.

rosends

In regard to your first point, the way i see it is that God had to give those laws back then because that is how the world was and how it was functioning. Slavery was normal in every nation. Now God comes into the picture and tells the newly freed Isrealites 'No More Slavery'? No. He tells them to treat their slaves better. Why not eliminate slavery back then? Quite simply because the world functioned that way...the nations around Israel functioned that way and it was quite acceptable and normal practice. '

However, today we dont accept slavery as ok. Today God has no need to instill laws that stipulate how to treat your slaves in a better way. Do you see what i mean about the laws of the Torah being specific to the people and time they were written in? Not all the laws are relevant for us today so why would God continue to try and convince us of them?
I understand that, but, again, this sees the laws of slavery as just laws of slavery. The laws are designed to impact us in deeper ways which are still relevant and the specific laws inform other interactions. We don't see the laws as a vestige of an earlier time but as eternal laws which mold how we think about each other.
This is why the 'new covenant' has to be different to what he gave the Isrealites.
But the text says explicitly that it is the same. Deciding that it should be different would ignore that the text identifies the content as identical.

there are different stages of the advent of and dawning of the messianic era. There will be tumult and war so cwertainly not everyone will automatically accept things. But out of that will develop the new mindset and the wish to learn about God (not "become Jewish and be bound by all Jewish laws" necessarily).

wizanda

Premium Member
But out of that will develop the new mindset and the wish to learn about God
What gets me is this thread's topic is about the Song of the Lamb referenced in Revelation 15, which is prior to the Great Tribulation in Revelation 16.

It tells us in Revelation 16:15-16 that the Messiah is back before Armageddon; where I'm trying to be fair by letting the world know the details required on ReligiousForums.com.

After the Great Tribulation it is stated God will only resurrect the Messianic Guest-list (Enlightened Saints), and then after everyone will already know what the Source of reality is (אל); plus respect when their spiritual King (אלה) is asking them to take something seriously.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if you know what the new song is, and only the 144,000 know it, then the 144,000 should not be a mystery to you ;)

I read a Prayer this morning, it is really the new song, the call of the nightingale to all humanity, the prayer is powerful the answer to all conflict and woe.

I put it behind a spoiler, as one must choose to listen to the Song, it should never be forced.

He is the King, the All-Knowing, the Wise! Lo, the Nightingale of Paradise singeth upon the twigs of the Tree of Eternity, with holy and sweet melodies, proclaiming to the sincere ones the glad tidings of the nearness of God, calling the believers in the Divine Unity to the court of the Presence of the Generous One, informing the severed ones of the message which hath been revealed by God, the King, the Glorious, the Peerless, guiding the lovers to the seat of sanctity and to this resplendent Beauty.

Verily this is that Most Great Beauty, foretold in the Books of the Messengers, through Whom truth shall be distinguished from error and the wisdom of every command shall be tested. Verily He is the Tree of Life that bringeth forth the fruits of God, the Exalted, the Powerful, the Great.

O Ahmad! Bear thou witness that verily He is God and there is no God but Him, the King, the Protector, the Incomparable, the Omnipotent. And that the One Whom He hath sent forth by the name of ‘Alí¹ was the true One from God, to Whose commands we are all conforming.

Say: O people be obedient to the ordinances of God, which have been enjoined in the Bayán by the Glorious, the Wise One. Verily He is the King of the Messengers and His book is the Mother Book did ye but know.

Thus doth the Nightingale utter His call unto you from this prison. He hath but to deliver this clear message. Whosoever desireth, let him turn aside from this counsel and whosoever desireth let him choose the path to his Lord.

O people, if ye deny these verses, by what proof have ye believed in God? Produce it, O assemblage of false ones.

Nay, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, they are not, and never shall be able to do this, even should they combine to assist one another.

O Ahmad! Forget not My bounties while I am absent. Remember My days during thy days, and My distress and banishment in this remote prison. And be thou so steadfast in My love that thy heart shall not waver, even if the swords of the enemies rain blows upon thee and all the heavens and the earth arise against thee.

Be thou as a flame of fire to My enemies and a river of life eternal to My loved ones, and be not of those who doubt.

And if thou art overtaken by affliction in My path, or degradation for My sake, be not thou troubled thereby.

Rely upon God, thy God and the Lord of thy fathers. For the people are wandering in the paths of delusion, bereft of discernment to see God with their own eyes, or hear His Melody with their own ears. Thus have We found them, as thou also dost witness.

Thus have their superstitions become veils between them and their own hearts and kept them from the path of God, the Exalted, the Great.

Be thou assured in thyself that verily, he who turns away from this Beauty hath also turned away from the Messengers of the past and showeth pride towards God from all eternity to all eternity.

Learn well this Tablet, O Ahmad. Chant it during thy days and withhold not thyself therefrom. For verily, God hath ordained for the one who chants it, the reward of a hundred martyrs and a service in both worlds. These favors have We bestowed upon thee as a bounty on Our part and a mercy from Our presence, that thou mayest be of those who are grateful.

By God! Should one who is in affliction or grief read this Tablet with absolute sincerity, God will dispel his sadness, solve his difficulties and remove his afflictions.

Verily, He is the Merciful, the Compassionate. Praise be to God, the Lord of all the worlds.

Bahá’u’lláh

All the best with the songs that motivate your heart.

Regards Tony

Bree

Each religious group thinks they are the chosen ones to survive; the problem with this is that I believe we could show most don't keep to the Laws already set...

Where we can blatantly show the world is already following anti-Christ's doctrine, and most are not wise enough to get it.

Personally I'd rather educate people about the requirements, because all souls belong to God (Ezekiel 18:4); even the wicked, and God created reality for rehabilitation.

Since there are verses saying that the Gentiles will come to the Messiah for correction (Isaiah 2:3-4), and the Gentiles will seek the Jews, as they've heard the Messiah is with them (Zechariah 8:23); there is a clear reason to question that those under educated will also exist in that time.

do you believe Jesus was the messiah?

Redemptionsong

To your first question, I would suggest that you are looking at a set of laws in an intellectual and societal vacuum and that's not how Judaism sees the same laws. Yes, they are vestiges of an earlier time, but it is the institution of slavery that no longer exists -- the laws which teach us about how to treat other people and the specifics which can be developed from those laws and applied to other situations do still apply. The complexity of "slavery" laws is because their reach goes beyond a singular situation. I would suggest reading this to help understand some of that.

As to your second question, the covenant is new because its form is new (directly to the hearts), the participants are "new" in that they have changed their natures to accept God properly and, to the mind of the new people, the content seems new. I often think of Timothy Busfield's character in Field of Dreams who cannot see the baseball players. But when a change occurs and he suddenly can, he asks "when did these ball players get here?" They had been there all along but he changed, so to his eyes, they "just got there."

The Torah is equivalent to the ball players. We are Timothy Busfield. We become new (as in Ezek 36:26-27 among other places) so the covenant with God is a new one.

A couple of side notes --

the first is that the Hebrew word "chadash" means new and also renewed. Each month we celebrate a "new moon" but is the moon really "new"? Or is it the same moon that is renewed and begins to grow again?

I also found this write up which addresses the textual song more literally.
Your hyperlink to the 'shira', or 'new song', makes some interesting points.

The writer makes a connection between the singing of the 'new song' and sinlessness. The Torah is associated with the new song and is seen to be the source of man's inspiration. Furthermore, the failure of some Torah students to find inspiration in the Torah is accounted for as being a human failing.

The conclusion l reach is that the new song cannot be sung by a sinful man. It must come from a holy soul.

The question that arises, therefore, is, How is a sinful man made holy?

If God places the Torah in the heart of man, it is not an action for which man can take credit. It is God's doing, and God's alone.

As l see it, faith is the open door by which God is able to pass the Torah (spiritually) into the heart of man. And repentance is the key that opens the door.

Bree

But the text says explicitly that it is the same. Deciding that it should be different would ignore that the text identifies the content as identical.

the text says 'my LAW i will write on their hearts'

It doesnt say i will write the TORAH on the heart

So before God gave Israel the Mosaic laws, what laws did people such as Abraham abide by?

there are different stages of the advent of and dawning of the messianic era. There will be tumult and war so cwertainly not everyone will automatically accept things. But out of that will develop the new mindset and the wish to learn about God (not "become Jewish and be bound by all Jewish laws" necessarily).

The jews of the first century must have believed in 'last days' because the christian scriptures record the account of the Jewish woman Mary tell Jesus that she believed her brother Lazarus (who had died) would rise in the resurrection on the 'last day'

Are 'last days' something that Jewish people still look forward to?

wizanda

Premium Member
do you believe Jesus was the messiah?
I accept Yeshua fulfilled Messianic prophecy prior to the 2nd temple destruction, and believe I can prove God told me as a child before reading religion, that I'm the return prior to the Great Tribulation...

Where I've always remembered things from two thousand years ago, that could help fix the religious issues globally; plus fulfilled prophecy in multiple places prior to reading it.

In my understanding the Song of Moses (Exodus 15:2) is that the Lord will become Yeshua (Salvation), and then the Song of the Lamb (Revelation 15:3), is at the return the Lord becomes the Lamb (Zan/צאן ▬ Zion/ציון).

In my opinion.
:innocent:

rosends

the text says 'my LAW i will write on their hearts'

It doesnt say i will write the TORAH on the heart

But that's the point -- it DOES say that! Verse 31 reads נָתַ֤תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ "and I shall give my Torah to their innermost parts and on their hearts I will write it." It is explicit in the Hebrew.
So before God gave Israel the Mosaic laws, what laws did people such as Abraham abide by?
There are different understandings. We know he was bound by the noachide laws and by separate ones he was given directly by God. The question is whether the forefathers learned the Torah content (as tradition teaches that the Torah in some sense was written 2000 years before creation), and whether they kept all or part of it.

The jews of the first century must have believed in 'last days' because the christian scriptures record the account of the Jewish woman Mary tell Jesus that she believed her brother Lazarus (who had died) would rise in the resurrection on the 'last day'
While that logic does seem to hold, you are relying on Christian texts to tell you about Judaism and that's not a great idea.
Are 'last days' something that Jewish people still look forward to?
Yes, the phrase is part of our belief system
Jewish eschatology - Wikipedia.

Redemptionsong

The new song is sung by those who make it to heaven. Everything becomes new on the new earth with the new Jerusalem.
If we had to wait to get to heaven to sing the new song then Psalm 96 is wrong! It says, 'sing unto the LORD, all the earth'.

The new song is already sung by those who follow Christ under the new covenant.

What is the new song of salvation?

Psalm 33:3, 40:3, 96:1, 98:1, and 149:1

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psalm 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 96:1 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.

Psalm 98:1 O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

Psalm 149:1 Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

The new song of salvation:

Hail Mary, full of Grace!
Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

A new song of thanksgiving for bringing our salvation!

And Mary found our salvation lost by Adam! Lk 1:30

And thanksgiving for the incarnation of Jesus Christ! The word was made flesh and dwelt among us thanks to Mary’s “yes” consenting to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Christ is our salvation: Lk 2:30

Note: new heaven and earth are spiritual and came 2000 years ago the kingdom the New Jerusalem the new covenant holy mother church
Thanks