• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you singing a 'new song'?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
And if someone more knowledgeable tells you you are wrong, don't be so haughty that you scorn his instruction.
To be consistent - Even if a poor young shepherd boy was to offer correction, we should always be willing to question what lead them to.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
"And they *sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation."

Revelation 14:3

The new song is all about the One who was pierced for our transgressions. The old song seems to be more of a general praise to God the creator.
I like what one pastor says: " We just love on Jesus here and let him do the rest."

Bree

According to Jeremiah 31:32 the new (or 'renewed') covenant is not like the covenant made 'with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of Egypt;'. But, 'after those days, saith the LORD, 'I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts'.

Does this mean that the law is not presently written on the heart of a Torah Jew? To what does 'those days' refer?

This new covenant was explained by a Pharisaical Jew who converted to Christianity in the first century.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second;+ 8 for he does find fault with the people when he says: “‘Look! There are days coming,’ says Jehovah,* ‘and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant;+ 9 not according to the covenant+ that I made with their forefathers in [the] day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt,+ because they did not continue in my covenant,+ so that I stopped caring for them,’ says Jehovah.”*+
10 “‘For this is the covenant that I shall covenant with the house of Israel after those days,’ says Jehovah.* ‘I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts+ I shall write them. And I will become their God,+ and they themselves will become my people.+

The mosaic covenant consisted of decrees and regulation that had to be followed physically. The Isrealites were required to strictly obey those regulations but, they often failed to abide by them because not all Isrealites were worshiping God from the heart.
The new covenant would not have the same decrees and regulations to follow as the Isrealites had to follow.

And this is the point....you would participate in the new covenant with your heart and mind....not by an obligatory set of decrees and regulations. In this way, God would bring to him, every man who's heart impelled him. A person who really wanted to serve God would do so from the heart and not from a handbook of written instructions and obligations.

rosends

This new covenant was explained by a Pharisaical Jew who converted to Christianity in the first century.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second;+ 8 for he does find fault with the people when he says: “‘Look! There are days coming,’ says Jehovah,* ‘and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant;+ 9 not according to the covenant+ that I made with their forefathers in [the] day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt,+ because they did not continue in my covenant,+ so that I stopped caring for them,’ says Jehovah.”*+
10 “‘For this is the covenant that I shall covenant with the house of Israel after those days,’ says Jehovah.* ‘I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts+ I shall write them. And I will become their God,+ and they themselves will become my people.+

The mosaic covenant consisted of decrees and regulation that had to be followed physically. The Isrealites were required to strictly obey those regulations but, they often failed to abide by them because not all Isrealites were worshiping God from the heart.
The new covenant would not have the same decrees and regulations to follow as the Isrealites had to follow.

And this is the point....you would participate in the new covenant with your heart and mind....not by an obligatory set of decrees and regulations. In this way, God would bring to him, every man who's heart impelled him. A person who really wanted to serve God would do so from the heart and not from a handbook of written instructions and obligations.
I'm just going to add bold to another phrase in what you quoted. In the Hebrew, the words in that section are really specific and important:

The "law" in Hebrew is "Torah" so all the "written instructions" and "decrees and regulations" are still the content of the covenant. The difference is that, as the text says, God will write the laws directly on the people's hearts so "No longer will they need to teach one another and say to one another, “Heed the LORD”; for all of them, from the least of them to the greatest, shall heed Me—declares the LORD."

There will be no need for external teaching because people will simply know to follow the laws.

wizanda

Premium Member
There will be no need for external teaching because people will simply know to follow the laws.
Many people already know the 10 Commandments from their heart; as when we break them, we feel the fact we're doing something wrong.

The 10 Commandments are the Laws that the Lord of Creation gave to Moses; the rest was his father-in-law telling him to make a law book to save time.

The 10 Commandments I saw in my Near Death Experience are Jacobs Ladder; where they are dimensional quantum physics.

As a return of the Messiah I've rewritten all 13 including the levels of Heaven, as an advanced metaphysical guide for everyone.

This is a start to explaining them though, as it is possible to teach them as levels of ascension; once they're understood more clearly, then there doesn't need to be a teacher.
"No longer will they need to teach one another and say to one another, “Heed the LORD”; for all of them, from the least of them to the greatest, shall heed Me—declares the LORD."
This isn't saying what you think, that everyone will know the Source of reality (God - אל); it is saying they will know the Lord of Creation Avatar (יהוה אלה):

Where the Song of Moses (Exodus 15:2) said the Lord will become our Salvation (Yeshua - H3444); then the Song of the Lamb (Revelation 15:3) is that the Lord becomes the Head of the Flock (צאן - Zan/Tson).

Where we can show the symbolism that the New Name of the Messiah in Revelation 3:12, is a correlation of Sandalphon (Pillar in the Temple of God), Zion (the name of the New Jerusalem), Sananda (the New Name of Christ), and the name of the Creator in many cultures was Zan.

To comprehend the chain of events in Isaiah 52:10 the 'Spirit of Salvation' was placed into the flesh of David (Yeshua Elohim); then in Isaiah 52:7 the Lord returns as 'Your Divine Being Zion' - Where Zion becomes the name of the Messiah (Psalms 146:10, Psalms 147:12, etc).

Just to be very clear as well, in Deuteronomy 32:15-22 it is saying because the Rabbinic Rebels have rejected their former religion (Deuteronomy 32:7-9), and created a form of Henotheism; where they've rejected Yeshua/Yehoshua (the Lord of Salvation) as their Divine Being (אלה - H433), and replaced it with an imaginary idea about Hashem - then the Source (אל) plans on annihilating everyone, unless I could get everyone to question their scriptures properly on here.

Personally would prefer 'the scriptures to become like a fire' under the Messiah (Jeremiah 23:29), and God doesn't have to destroy everyone for being ignorant of language, contexts, & theology.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psalm 96:1. 'O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth'.

It sounds to me as if God would have everyone sing a 'new song'. What do you understand the 'new song' to be? And was there an 'old' song?

In Exodus 15:1,2. it says, 'Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him'.

Was the song of Moses the old song, or the new song?

In Isaiah 42:10 (KJV) the prophet writes, 'Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.'

It also seems to me that a new song comes from a new heart and new spirit [Ezekiel 11:19; 18:31; 36:26]. Does this mean that the new song cannot be sung until the new heavens and earth appear, or is the new song to be sung under a new covenant within the present heaven and earth [Jeremiah 31:31-34]?

I can offer that in this age it is the song of the nightingale.

It is the New Word of God that appears in each age.

Regards Tony

wizanda

Premium Member
It is the New Word of God that appears in each age.
As far as I understand we're at the end of this Age; where it is clear humanity hasn't got long left - unless there is some divine miracle...

I believe that both Baha'i scriptures, and the Bible (Revelation 3:12) prophesied to look for the one who has the name of the City of God - which I understand based on scripture to be 'Your Divine Being King Zion' (Psalms 146:10, Psalms 147:12, Isaiah 52:7).

If we worked together as the Baha'i texts implied, we could establish Messianic prophecy, where the scriptures become a fire, igniting religious prophecy as being real (Jeremiah 23:29); otherwise what the Source of reality showed me before reading the texts, is it will just cleanse this whole reality, restoring here to Eden, and removing all the fakes.

Bree

I'm just going to add bold to another phrase in what you quoted. In the Hebrew, the words in that section are really specific and important:

The "law" in Hebrew is "Torah" so all the "written instructions" and "decrees and regulations" are still the content of the covenant. The difference is that, as the text says, God will write the laws directly on the people's hearts so "No longer will they need to teach one another and say to one another, “Heed the LORD”; for all of them, from the least of them to the greatest, shall heed Me—declares the LORD."

When you say 'people' will know the laws, who do you mean specifically? Do you mean people of all nations or do you mean the jews?

rosends

When you say 'people' will know the laws, who do you mean specifically? Do you mean people of all nations or do you mean the jews?
The people with whom God has made the Torah covenant, the Jews. All others will accept that God is God and will ask to be taught His laws.

wizanda

Premium Member
The people with whom God has made the Torah covenant, the Jews. All others will accept that God is God and will ask to be taught His laws.
The covenants were made with the Tribes of Israel, where they had a totally different theology to the modern day Rabbinic Rebels (Deuteronomy 32:7-18).

Even claiming that the people will 'accept that God is God' is contrary to the Torah; El and Elohim are not the same, one is referring to that which isn't seen, yet is the Source (אל) of reality, and the other is a divine being (אלה) made manifest (Isaiah 46:9).

As saying since the Source of reality has specifically named me to fulfil these prophecies, of being the return of King David with the spirit of the Lord placed within me, how will 'others' accept our Laws, when I can't even get you to respect what is prophesied about me in years of dialogue?

Revelation 15:3 is saying only those who accept both the Song of Moses (Exodus 15:2), that the Lord will become Yeshua (H3444), and the Song of the Lamb that the Lord will become Zion/Zan are the real Jews - who then praise the Lord as a manifest being in Revelation 15:4.

I should make this very clear, whereas I've been told God is only keeping the Enlightened Saints (Daniel 12:3+10); I've always pleaded with God I could educate everyone since 5-6 years old, even though God told me people wouldn't listen.

Since soon Judgement Day will come, and then we keep those who already did listen, maybe it is pointless even trying to explain; yet I'm trying for the sake of billions of people on here, and would ask you be more serious about everyone's fate.

Please feel free to tell your religious leaders to come discuss the theological errors with the Messiah; as I do believe it is possible for the scripture to become a fire, and fix the comprehension issues.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see the answer to your question is all those that accept the new song, will also embrace the laws given by God Bree.

They will embrace them, even when the societies they live in, will reject them.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psalm 96:1. 'O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth'.

It sounds to me as if God would have everyone sing a 'new song'. What do you understand the 'new song' to be? And was there an 'old' song?

In the Baha'i Faith the concept of the "new song" is an integral part of understanding the Messages given by God. There are many passages that talk of the Music that resonates from heaven upon all humanity, this is an extract from a collection of mystical tablets named "The Call of the Divine Beloved"

Rashḥ-i-‘Amá (The Clouds of the Realms Above)

"... Behold the Palm of Paradise, behold the warbling of the Dove; Behold the glorious hymns that in the purest light are raining down.

Behold the soul-entrancing song, behold the beating of the drum,Behold the sacred rhythms that from Our hand are raining down...."

The Call of the Divine Beloved | Bahá’í Reference Library

This is song that resonates with the heart, this is the purpose of music, to lift the soul unto the realms above, as song was never meant to feed the carnal desires.

Much like the Seekers Song

"We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream and sing with one voice
"I am, you are, we are Australian"

Regards Tony

Bree

There are many laws in the torah that are simply not applicable in todays world.

EG, slavery laws. You can no longer buy and sell a human being or your children. So, when you say the 'torah' laws, do you really think that every human will abide by those very specific laws?

And my second question is if it is to be the same laws as in the Torah, why would God say, through Jeremiah, that he would make a 'new covenant' ?

Why call it new if it were to be the same?

Bree

I see the answer to your question is all those that accept the new song, will also embrace the laws given by God Bree.

They will embrace them, even when the societies they live in, will reject them.

Regards Tony

What do you make of this vision of the Apostle John?

.Revelation 14:2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song+ before the throne and before the four living creatures+ and the elders,+ and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000,+ who have been bought from the earth.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you make of this vision of the Apostle John?

.Revelation 14:2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song+ before the throne and before the four living creatures+ and the elders,+ and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000,+ who have been bought from the earth.

I see Revelation 14 is about the Bab, who was the Lamb for the Revelation to come. I see there is great mystery in 144,000, which numerically has the value of 9. The Fathers name is the new song, it was Baha'u'llah "The Glory of God".

I see a lot in Revelation 14 applicable to this day, as I see it in a different light.

Regards Tony

Bree

I see Revelation 14 is about the Bab, who was the Lamb for the Revelation to come. I see there is great mystery in 144,000, which numerically has the value of 9. The Fathers name is the new song, it was Baha'u'llah "The Glory of God".

I see a lot in Revelation 14 applicable to this day, as I see it in a different light.

Regards Tony

if you know what the new song is, and only the 144,000 know it, then the 144,000 should not be a mystery to you ;)

wizanda

Premium Member
I see Revelation 14 is about the Bab, who was the Lamb for the Revelation to come.
I don't mind questioning all the legitimacy of these claims scripturally; yet to do so, you'd need to actually show their texts state this.

Currently I'm finding some of the Baha'i overwrite prophecy, as they've made expectations that don't fit the texts completely, and thus in doing so preventing what was prophesied of creating world peace among the religions.
The Fathers name is the new song, it was Baha'u'llah "The Glory of God".
Now though Baha'u'llah has a right to say he, like all of us, are a manifestation from the Source of reality.

His name is not the actual name of the father; as the Source of reality doesn't have a name, as it is the origin of everything, so sound, words, language come from it...

Thus every name given to it, are often descriptors showing its qualities; yet no one name can suffice.

Identifying one being as the father, is a form of Henotheism, and no avatar/archangel would take a role like it; people conclude ideas like it, as they think about God as a being, rather than everything.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now though Baha'u'llah has a right to say he, like all of us, are a manifestation from the Source of reality.

No, I disagree, Baha'u'llah had the right, no one else does, not you, not me, no any one else until at least another 850 years.

Hope that makes it clear as to how I see the hints you choose make in that regard.

Regards Tony

rosends

There are many laws in the torah that are simply not applicable in todays world.

EG, slavery laws. You can no longer buy and sell a human being or your children. So, when you say the 'torah' laws, do you really think that every human will abide by those very specific laws?

And my second question is if it is to be the same laws as in the Torah, why would God say, through Jeremiah, that he would make a 'new covenant' ?

Why call it new if it were to be the same?
To your first question, I would suggest that you are looking at a set of laws in an intellectual and societal vacuum and that's not how Judaism sees the same laws. Yes, they are vestiges of an earlier time, but it is the institution of slavery that no longer exists -- the laws which teach us about how to treat other people and the specifics which can be developed from those laws and applied to other situations do still apply. The complexity of "slavery" laws is because their reach goes beyond a singular situation. I would suggest reading this to help understand some of that.

As to your second question, the covenant is new because its form is new (directly to the hearts), the participants are "new" in that they have changed their natures to accept God properly and, to the mind of the new people, the content seems new. I often think of Timothy Busfield's character in Field of Dreams who cannot see the baseball players. But when a change occurs and he suddenly can, he asks "when did these ball players get here?" They had been there all along but he changed, so to his eyes, they "just got there."

The Torah is equivalent to the ball players. We are Timothy Busfield. We become new (as in Ezek 36:26-27 among other places) so the covenant with God is a new one.

A couple of side notes --

the first is that the Hebrew word "chadash" means new and also renewed. Each month we celebrate a "new moon" but is the moon really "new"? Or is it the same moon that is renewed and begins to grow again?

I also found this write up which addresses the textual song more literally.

Last edited: