• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you pro-life or pro-choice as per abortion?

Universal one or the other; or combation

• Universal pro-life

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Universal pro-choice

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Neither as I favor a combination

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other, I don't think/feel/believe in those terms

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I get the feeling that sometimes we end up in false dilemmas as a strong one or the other,
so I made 4 choices. And no, you don't have to vote as you can reject all 4 if you like.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Since I live in a secular country, I need to respect the secular law based upon the separation of Church and State. So therefore, as a Christian I would be 100% pro-life.

As a citizen of a secular republic, I will defend the right to choice. But secularly speaking, abortion can never become a way to enable women to get an abortion like twice, three times a year.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I voted pro choice, though it's not that simple. Personally i would not have an abortion unless on medical grounds, that is my choice. I will defend every woman's choice to consider their body to be their own and to make whatever legal choices best suites them.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I chose other. I find the terms "pro-choice" and "pro-life" too attached to political dichotomies and too inflexible too account for the complexity of human reproduction and development.

I think a woman has a right to choose, but that human life should be supported by human communities. So where I find abortion a tragic choice in many cases, that is my emotional reaction, not the woman making the decision. I cannot choose, but I think it's important to develop communities with easy access to birth control options, education, and relief from poverty.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I voted Other cos it ain't a simple universal imo. However medical and professional support should always be available and the option to abort should be legal and genuinely available (so that any abortions are carried out in a proper clinical setting, rather than "backstreet").

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I voted Other cos it ain't a simple universal imo. However medical and professional support should always be available and the option to abort should be legal and genuinely available (so that any abortions are carried out in a proper clinical setting, rather than "backstreet").

I have a problem and yes, it is an emotion and really rare. The claim that late term abortions are legal to the point that you could induce labor and have a baby born or do an abortion. Yes, it is an outlier, but I don't like it. But that is just me.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As a male I don't feel that qualified to make any kind of judgment, so I voted Other. I have no moral objections as to abortion and favour the potential mother's rights as to such, even though I don't like to see any viable life ended other than for medical reasons. But I do object to some pronouncing and dictating to others as to what they should be able to do with their bodies and any viable life that they might carry within. So, religious arguments - as to sanctity of life - can go take a running jump, in my opinion. :oops: