• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Looking Forward to the End Soon?

Are You Looking Forward to the End Soon?

• Yes

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
According to religious texts globally the end is soon, and the final warnings have happened; are you looking forward to the End of Time, after the Great Tribulation, and then the Age of Godliness?

Only those who have had visions of it are invited.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
there is no end, only another beginning of a cycle around the wheel.
As the wheel revolves the earth that was stuck falls off; some of us are about to fall off, and only those that are part of the wheel remain.

As the reality keeps telling me, 'it isn't optional'; this is why it isn't some religious debate about doctrine of if it happens, just about when it does happen, are you looking forward to it?

In my opinion. :innocent:

Altfish

Veteran Member
According to religious texts globally the end is soon, and the final warnings have happened; are you looking forward to the End of Time, after the Great Tribulation, and then the Age of Godliness?

In my opinion.
Religious texts have a habit of being wrong.

wizanda

Premium Member
I’d like to avoid the climate change, the nuclear wars
There is no avoiding prophecy if it is set; we have one logical option really...

Would love to offer other options; yet that would take a miracle of people cooperating on a global scale, and we can't even correlate Religious Forums between us.

wizanda

Premium Member
Religious texts have a habit of being wrong.
That wasn't in the question, do you think religious texts are wrong:

Regardless of religious texts, climate catastrophe, wars, suns exploding, earthquakes, typhoons, oil crisis, mass extinction, etc, is all happening.

Religion was an escape route; not the ultimatum causing it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Yes....the end is to come only after all the signs Jesus gave to indicate his return (his parousia) in Matthew 24:3-14.There is only the destruction of "Babylon the great" and the attack of "Gog of Magog" to go.....after its all over.....peace at last for the righteous...and a return to the conditions that God gave our first parents in Eden.

Wicked people will be gone, failed human rulership eliminated, and the planet can finally be cleansed of all its pollution. Then the dead will be raised to join a global family of God's earthly worshippers. (John 5:28-29)

We have never had an earth ruled by God...it will be a wonderful change. (1 John 5:19)

A "great multitude" are seen as survivors of the tribulation, (Revelation 7:9-10; Revelation 7:13-14) these are not numbered because there is hope right up to the end, which we believe is descending upon the world rapidly. Once the last of these signs is fulfilled, opportunity to be saved from these end times will come to a finish. One of the main signs is the global preaching of the good news of God's Kingdom (Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20).....that requires knowledge not visions. (John 17:3)

Jesus said it will be "just like the days of Noah".....how many took any notice of his warnings? (Matthew 24:37-39)

Bring it on !!!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Meh. The end has been coming for thousands of years, so why hold my breath? Sooner or later humanity will go away or change to the point where it could no longer be called human by today's standards. The earth will swallow everything we have ever dreamed or made and nothing will be left that isn't burried under the dirt. We will leave barely a trace, if any, and even that will eventually go away.

Why look towards a future that I may or may not live to see when I can be the best person I can right now? Our time is limited. Let's make the best of it.

Altfish

Veteran Member
That wasn't in the question, do you think religious texts are wrong:

Regardless of religious texts, climate catastrophe, wars, suns exploding, earthquakes, typhoons, oil crisis, mass extinction, etc, is all happening.

Your question was "Are you looking forward to the end soon?" and you referenced religious texts as the main reason for the question.

As a 60+ year old; I think I'll miss The End; as will my children and grandchildren and yet to be born great-grandchildren ....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All of our individual worlds end.
That's pretty much the truth of it.

An apocalypse or some kind of second coming or whatever doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, given the fact that the end comes for all of us at least within a hundred years, give or take a decade or so.

I think the oldest person on record so far is at the age of 122 years before the end came.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

In my opinion.

What, again?

Every couple of years, particularly in America we hear the cry "the end is nigh, the end is nigh, donate all your worldly goods to me"

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think the oldest person on record so far is at the age of 122 years before the end came.

Jeanne Calment, who lived to the age of 122 years and164 days. Died in 97. A few years before she died she was interviewed on TV and asked about wrinkles as she aged. Her reply translates as

I only ever had one wrinkle and I'm sitting on it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What, again?

Every couple of years, particularly in America we hear the cry "the end is nigh, the end is nigh, donate all your worldly goods to me"
Whenever I hear something like that I immediately think of the late Harold Camping. Previous leader of the illustrious and self-aggrandizing Family Radio.

Remember all those Caravans? They even broadcasted a hymm about last day that Harold Camping predicted. If I only had a copy of that hymm, it was a wonderful lark to behold. They never played it again.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Whenever I hear something like that I immediately think of the late Harold Camping. Previous leader of the illustrious and self-aggrandizing Family Radio.

Remember all those Caravans? They even broadcasted a hymm about last day that Harold Camping predicted. If I only had a copy of that hymm, it was a wonderful lark to behold. They never played it again.

Harold Camping was quite the laughing stock in the UK.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

None of that is evidence that any apocalyptic prediction is credible.Such a depressing worldview to be constantly living in the shadow of imagined global annihilation.

The world has never been been better in large part due to the advances allowed by replacing faith-based thought with reason and evidence-based thought, which freed us from sterile ideologies like alchemy and astrology, and from the despotic reign of kings, replacing them with productive sciences like chemistry and astronomy, an the liberal democratic state with its citizens enjoying guaranteed personal rights rather than serfdom as subjects.

More people are better educated, safer, wealthier, healthier, and living longer than ever before. It's nihilistic religions teaching otherwise.

Religion is an escape back to that from which we emerged, not an answer. The world does better with less religion than it does with more.

Bring it on !!!

This is yet another gift of religion - people rooting for the end of the world.