• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Listening to What is within You?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
unfortunately you keep assigning god otherwise. the bible verses supplied indicate that the creation is within god and not apart.

still another verse.....the key word here is without, or outside him nothing was made. so there is no ex-nihilo

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

if god is infinite then you can't limit god at the beginning/ending of creation. creation is within god.

you confusing the created with the creating. form, like beginning and endings, have contrast, god doesn't; if God is all. you claim god is not its creation thus you have created a duality of god vs creation.

your idea of god is not infinite. personalities do not survive. they come into being and go out of being. that is why you and your wife don't appear to be the same. god doesn't have an exact form because god is mutable.the spirit of god doesn't have a form because it is mutable, or formless. that which is eternal isn't frozen in time/space like humans.

god is not a man, or woman, that he should lie, nor the son of man that she should repent.
Again: the created is not the creator. It doesn’t matter if it’s within God or without. There is still a differentiation. That’s the meaning behind the tree of life pericope, as well as the Tower of Babel pericope. In fact, it’s the basis of salvation theology.
There’s a line that humanity cannot cross, oh so aptly depicted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Again: the created is not the creator. It doesn’t matter if it’s within God or without. There is still a differentiation. That’s the meaning behind the tree of life pericope, as well as the Tower of Babel pericope. In fact, it’s the basis of salvation theology.
it only matters if you say god is infinite and then assign boundaries to what is god. that is contrast and duality. it doesn't align with hear o'israel the lord is one, or god is ONE. it makes god and creation dual, that is confusing and chaotic. the dwelling place of god is with man, not without man.

the tree of life and tower of babel are not the same thing. one is esoteric and the other exoteric. one is within the whole and one is without the whole, that is why the one without was confused. the kingdom comes from within, it doesn't come outside of god nor without self.

There’s a line that humanity cannot cross, oh so aptly depicted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

the painting on the celiing of the sistine chapel is symbolism of the brain.

again the idea of esoteric vs exoteric

sojourner

“Infinite” And “everything” are not synonymous. God assignes the boundaries in order for love to be expressed, for love is relationship. The Shema references an argument for monotheism. With, yes. But “with” connotes “alongside,” not “the same thing.”

Yeah, they are the same teaching. They both represent a boundary that humanity may not cross. Only God can cross it.

Ask the artist if he thought he was symbolizing the brain. I’d be willing to bet he was depicting the separation between humanity and Divinity.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
“Infinite” And “everything” are not synonymous.
hmmm, who said they were? everything represents a whole, or all. infinite describes something with no boundaries, no limitations. the Spirit of God created all things.

Nehemiah 9:6

"You alone are the LORD You have made the heavens, The heaven of heavens with all their host, The earth and all that is on it, The seas and all that is in them You give life to all of them And the heavenly host bows down before You.

thus heaven and earth are living things too because god doesn't create dead things from a life giving spirit.

God assignes the boundaries in order for love to be expressed, for love is relationship. The Shema references an argument for monotheism. With, yes. But “with” connotes “alongside,” not “the same thing.”
a thing has two sides, it has polarity, like yin and yang. with implies a union of two as one.

forms, things, arise from the unformed and come into being and then return to the unformed, or state that they were before being formed, or made into a thing.

Yeah, they are the same teaching. They both represent a boundary that humanity may not cross. Only God can cross it.
and here in lies the problem, you keep defining god as not this, not that; which is true because god is this and that, alpha and omega, and i am that i am.

so god doesn't take an exclusive form but is a creative force from which all things created arise as genesis 1 explains

sojourner

hmmm, who said they were? everything represents a whole, or all. infinite describes something with no boundaries, no limitations. the Spirit of God created all things.

Nehemiah 9:6

"You alone are the LORD You have made the heavens, The heaven of heavens with all their host, The earth and all that is on it, The seas and all that is in them You give life to all of them And the heavenly host bows down before You.

thus heaven and earth are living things too because god doesn't create dead things from a life giving spirit.

a thing has two sides, it has polarity, like yin and yang. with implies a union of two as one.

forms, things, arise from the unformed and come into being and then return to the unformed, or state that they were before being formed, or made into a thing.

and here in lies the problem, you keep defining god as not this, not that; which is true because god is this and that, alpha and omega, and i am that i am.

so god doesn't take an exclusive form but is a creative force from which all things created arise as genesis 1 explains
Not always. The definition of God through what God is not is a long-standing, orthodox theological understanding.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not always. The definition of God through what God is not is a long-standing, orthodox theological understanding.

and the government of love will be upon his shoulders

Leviticus 26:13
I am the Lord your beloved, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

love is a light unto my feet

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find peace unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.