• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Listening to What is within You?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Listening to the inner voice is a core tenet in my faith, so yeah. Who better to argue with?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A lot of people threw conscience out the window a long time ago. And there is such a thing as an evil conscience. Love is only the latest fashion. Truth merely facts. Its as if virtue dissappeared. Not enough , more, more.

My inner voice tells me to puke. Laugh. Cry for what used to mean.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No, merely reminding you of the facet of God that is transcendent, rather than imminent. We have to deal with both in order to present a broader theological picture.
love is imminent and transcendent. forms come and go, but the action of love remains the same.

have you never heard? love is a circle whose circumference is nowhere and whose center is everywhere?

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No it isn't. The Holy spirit has nothing to do with the self.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spiritthat dwelleth in you.

1 John 4:2
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

John 3:8
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

everything is formed like this

Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

now allow me to interpret in another way...........

and the body was without form and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the surface of the waters............and there you have it.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Christ was a jew
Siddhartha was from Lumbini (modern Nepal)

Christ wasnt a christian, his disciples were
The Buddha wasnt a Buddhist, his disciples were

Christ followed judaism
The Siddhartha followed no one

jesus said that he/she who did the will of the father was my sister, brother, mother. he didn't follow judaism to letter. he broke the sabbath and said the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath. in moses day that would have gotten him a stoning. so no, he didn't really follow judaism

Numbers 15
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
love is imminent and transcendent. forms come and go, but the action of love remain the same.

have you never heard? love is a circle whose circumference is nowhere and whose center is everywhere?
Of course. That’s why we have to consider the Spirit without.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
jesus said that he/she who did the will of the father was my sister, brother, mother. he didn't follow judaism to letter. he broke the sabbath and said the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath. in moses day that would have gotten him a stoning. so no, he didn't really follow judaism

Numbers 15
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

Please. Please. Please. Stop quoting scripture. I never read it.

Jesus practiced his cultural customs since he was a kid. He always looked to his father. We actually dont know what jesus taught. The bible was not written by jesus. Unless you know him personally, what other religion would jesus follow outside his own customs he told people they didnt follow?

He probably was a pretty bad jewish observant but he wasnt christian nor pagan. What other religion did he practice if not the laws of moses with whom he kept quoting in the gospels?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
To say Christ wasn't a Christian is like saying Buddha wasn't a Buddhist.

jesus was more like the buddhist monk. he worked/begged for his food, he owned no worldly goods other than the clothes on his back. he didn't advocate idolatry, or a cult of personality. he asked people to cleanse their minds before attempting to appear like cups only washed on the outside. he said it wasn't what went into a man that made him/her unclean but what vileness lurked in their own heart

heaven and hell come from the same place.

why do you suppose the prophets told the people to circumcise their hearts?

Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course. That’s why we have to consider the Spirit without.
there is no otherness. there is just the delusion of otherness or outside.

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Please. Please. Please. Stop quoting scripture. I never read it.

Jesus practiced his cultural customs since he was a kid. He always looked to his father. We actually dont know what jesus taught. The bible was not written by jesus. Unless you know him personally, what other religion would jesus follow outside his own customs he told people they didnt follow?

He probably was a pretty bad jewish observant but he wasnt christian nor pagan. What other religion did he practice if not the laws of moses with whom he kept quoting in the gospels?

he broke the sabbath that isn't following the laws of moses. he even said that one greater than solomon was here. he even chastized moses for allowing men to make harlots out of their wives by divorcing them. there was no other recourse for a woman. her family usually didn't want her back, nor any other man for that matter. she was considered to be polluted.

buddhist scripture wasn't written by siddhartha
socrates wrote nothing himself
neither did pythagoras

he was probably exposed to buddhism. it was already in alexandria when he was a child.

he would have definitely been exposed to zoroastrianism

sojourner

there is no otherness. there is just the delusion of otherness or outside.

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,
No. The creation is not the creator. God is (as I said) both. And we have to consider both.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. The creation is not the creator. God is (as I said) both. And we have to consider both.
then your god isn't imminent, nor omnipresent.

your god creates something outside and separate from itself. you are divided against your god

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
he broke the sabbath that isn't following the laws of moses. he even said that one greater than solomon was here. he even chastized moses for allowing men to make harlots out of their wives by divorcing them. there was no other recourse for a woman. her family usually didn't want her back, nor any other man for that matter. she was considered to be polluted.

buddhist scripture wasn't written by siddhartha
socrates wrote nothing himself
neither did pythagoras

he was probably exposed to buddhism. it was already in alexandria when he was a child.

he would have definitely been exposed to zoroastrianism

I know this. Your points of connection arent making sense.

Buddhist is not a good phrase to describe a Dharma practitioner. Buddhism isnt even near close to what The Buddha actually taught. He realized The Dharma already existed.

Also, he wasnt the first to realize The Dharma. He went to his sage to know more about how to recognize it; and, after discussing it with his teacher and with practice, he realized The Dharma "too."

Its about The Dharma not The Buddha, Sakaymuni.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I know this. Your points of connection arent making sense.

Buddhist is not a good phrase to describe a Dharma practitioner. Buddhism isnt even near close to what The Buddha actually taught. He realized The Dharma already existed.

Also, he wasnt the first to realize The Dharma. He went to his sage to know more about how to recognize it; and, after discussing it with his teacher and with practice, he realized The Dharma "too."

Its about The Dharma not The Buddha, Sakaymuni.

dharma is nothing more than the law. it may be expressed differently but still the same concept. jesus was promoting a new religion, nor an old one. he was promoting the law = dharma.

i'm not going to stop posting quotes from a book; especially when someone makes a blatant opinion contrary to the facts and shown easily in the books that use the person of interest as the protagonist.

the law is singular.

37 Jesus answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and most important command.

39 And the second command is like the first: ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’

40 All the law and the writings of the prophets depend on these two commands.”

the law is to love, or to have compassion for self first and for one's neighbor second. to serve all does not exclude anyone

so verse 37 is about self and verse 39 is about other self. people miss the inference to self from verse 37.

5And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

the lord is with you is an inference to the union of the divine and the mundane.

Last edited:

sojourner

then your god isn't imminent, nor omnipresent.

your god creates something outside and separate from itself. you are divided against your god
Yes! God creates something outside God’s Self. But then God gives life to it by infusing it with Holy Spirit. According to our belief, we each contain the breath of God. Therefore, God is both transcendent and imminent. God is omnipresent and place-specific. God is both, and (to repeat) we have to consider both when thinking theologically, or the construct suffers.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes! God creates something outside God’s Self. But then God gives life to it by infusing it with Holy Spirit. According to our belief, we each contain the breath of God. Therefore, God is both transcendent and imminent. God is omnipresent and place-specific. God is both, and (to repeat) we have to consider both when thinking theologically, or the construct suffers.
the holy spirit is god; so then if it is infused with the holy spirit it isn't separate from god.

the bible doesn't teach ex-nihilo. it teaches that all things come from 3 things: 1. God, 2. Spirit of God, 3. Waters of God. its been called the mind, body, spirit complex by some.

heaven and earth, all created things come from those 3 things

nothing is created apart/outside of god; except those who try to assign god a place to reside.

Isaiah 66
66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Colossian 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Jeremiah 23
23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

sojourner

the holy spirit is god; so then if it is infused with the holy spirit it isn't separate from god.

the bible doesn't teach ex-nihilo. it teaches that all things come from 3 things: 1. God, 2. Spirit of God, 3. Waters of God. its been called the mind, body, spirit complex by some.

heaven and earth, all created things come from those 3 things

nothing is created apart/outside of god; except those who try to assign god a place to reside.

Isaiah 66
66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Colossian 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Jeremiah 23
23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
Yes, but “being not separate from” and “being God” are not synonymous. I am not separate from my wife, but I am not my wife.
Again: both/and.

As far as creation, “ God said.” God spoke creation into being out of the pre-existent primordial soup. I suppose one could argue that speaking utilizes the breath, so in that instance, yes, God’s Spirit and Word are present within the creation. But the creation is not synonymous with God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, but “being not separate from” and “being God” are not synonymous. I am not separate from my wife, but I am not my wife.
Again: both/and.

As far as creation, “ God said.” God spoke creation into being out of the pre-existent primordial soup. I suppose one could argue that speaking utilizes the breath, so in that instance, yes, God’s Spirit and Word are present within the creation. But the creation is not synonymous with God.

unfortunately you keep assigning god otherwise. the bible verses supplied indicate that the creation is within god and not apart.

still another verse.....the key word here is without, or outside him nothing was made. so there is no ex-nihilo

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

if god is infinite then you can't limit god at the beginning/ending of creation. creation is within god.

you confusing the created with the creating. form, like beginning and endings, have contrast, god doesn't; if God is all. you claim god is not its creation thus you have created a duality of god vs creation.

your idea of god is not infinite. personalities do not survive. they come into being and go out of being. that is why you and your wife don't appear to be the same. god doesn't have an exact form because god is mutable.the spirit of god doesn't have a form because it is mutable, or formless. that which is eternal isn't frozen in time/space like humans.

god is not a man, or woman, that he should lie, nor the son of man that she should repent.